Sony stole my money.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Felix_120192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Felix_120192
Member since 2003 • 360 Posts

Yes, DO NOT DO IT. Not only will you be screwed over, you'll have no chance of getting a refund.

To put it simply, PS3 will steal your money and let you fall.

Why do I this? Because, yesterday, after reading several positive reviews for WipeOut HD, I decided to give digital download a try and bought the game. After dropping 28 dollars on both WipeOut HD and Linger in the Shadow (which I was quiet anticipating), I tried Downloading it and it gave me the message "This PS3 has already been activated 5 times". I started to panic and was like **bleep**?! However, after a while, I stoppd panicking and was like, meh I'll just call Customer Support and They'll fix it up immediately. I WAS WRONG!

Lets see... where to start about the playstation 3 customer support... oh yea. DID YOU KNOW they have ADs in their customer support channel? WHAT IS THAT? Before they even let you select what type of help you want, they tell you that you need to listen to an "important message". Then they play some S*** about Gran TURISMO 5 PROLOUGE! WHAT TYPE OF SUPPORT IS THAT IMPORTANT (althought it was a great game...). Then after selecting my options and waiting like 30 minutes, some lazy sounding guy comes up and answers the phone. I tell him my plight, this is exactly what I said and I remember quiet clearly becaues the response he gave me. I said "Hello, I recently bought WipeOut HD and Linger in the Shadow-" and he so rudely cuts me off and says "Is that a GAME or a MOVIE"?! Okay... so now I have somebody who knows nothing about the PSN trying to help me, I explain to him kindly my plight again, After like 5 minutes, he finally understands (or at least I thought he understood, he first told me to create another account... I had to tell him that its the system and not the account that is linked). Takes my account information, has me wait forlike another 5 minutes while he "researches" then comes back and tells me he can't do S*** about it.

Here is a script of what happened after that:

Me: *awkward silence*

Him: *Awkward silence*

Me: um... okay... I can have I refund then?

Him: No

Me: why not?

Him: because you might have already downloaded it 5 times

Me: WHAT? I just BOUGHT THIS GAME YESTERDAY!

Him: Too bad.

Me: **bleep**? Your telling me that I PAID 28 DOLLARS AND YOUR NOT GIVING ME WHAT I PAID FOR?

Him: Its our policy.

Me: So ITS SONY's POLICY TO steal?

Him: You can call your credit card company.

Me: No, thats not the freakin point, I want to BUY your products! **bleep** is WRONG WITH YOU!

Him: Sorry. is there anything else I can help you with.

Me: *hang up*

I swear Sony, if this is your customer service. I'm jumping on the RROD ship. At least they'll FIX MY PROBLEMS WHEN I HAVE THEM.

But in All seriousness, did anybody else ever have problems like this before? If so, can you tell me how you resolved this? I'm going to try and call again and this time hopefully get somebody who knows **** about the system. But honestly, from what I've seen from Sony today, I'm not counting on it.
PsyKosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 PsyKosis
Member since 2005 • 862 Posts
Call again.
NsNsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 NsNsis
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts
Try to email them about that, they helpd my friend about something that way.
Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
Thats not great, iv never had to call sony myself so i wouldnt know,but iv phoned microsoft twice regarding credit card problems, and both times they gave me free 12month xbox live gold :)
mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts
I never really had anything like that happen to me before, but try it again. You might get a more generous person.
Droopeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Droopeh
Member since 2008 • 638 Posts

Don't pay the bills.

Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Thats not great, iv never had to call sony myself so i wouldnt know,but iv phoned microsoft twice regarding credit card problems, and both times they gave me free 12month xbox live gold :)scottiescott238

lol figures..

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

I swear Sony, if this is your customer service. I'm jumping on the RROD ship. At least they'll FIX MY PROBLEMS WHEN I HAVE THEM.

Felix_120192

Because you lost 28 bucks you will waste 300?

Call again and try to DL again.

Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
Figures?
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#10 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
Make a bigger fuss, and ask to talk to a supervisor. That usually works.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
Screw that idiot. Ask to speak to somebody higher up
BoD_GOA_French

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BoD_GOA_French
Member since 2006 • 971 Posts
Have you activated your account on any other PS3's? (Given your account to friends?, traded games?) You can have your account on 5 different PS3's, yours and 4 others. So what your saying doesn't make sense. If your account is acticated on your PS3 you would not get that message. Go to account managment and go to Activate PS3 and make sure your account is activated on your PS3.
solidsnake444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 solidsnake444
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts

Lets see... where to start about the playstation 3 customer support... oh yea. DID YOU KNOW they have ADs in their customer support channel? WHAT IS THAT? Before they even let you select what type of help you want, they tell you that you need to listen to an "important message". Then they play some S*** about Gran TURISMO 5 PROLOUGE! WHAT TYPE OF SUPPORT IS THAT IMPORTANT (althought it was a great game...). Then after selecting my options and waiting like 30 minutes, some lazy sounding guy comes up and answers the phone.Felix_120192

Press 0 number on phone and youll be directed to go speak to sony rep. and skip all the BS.