Sony's E3 2015: What do you think Sony's surprises are?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Killua_Zoldyck
Member since 2015 • 59 Posts

This is a prediction thread, I guess.

Anyways, we're guaranteed to see Ratchet and Clank for the first time and non-alpha Uncharted 4 gameplay (THAT is going to be mind-blowing, as Naughty Dog are extremely talented).

I've been looking at getting a PS4 (as some of you may know), and I really hope that Sony has some unique games to show. That will likely push me to getting a PS4.

Thoughts, everyone?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i think there's going to be loads of games

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

VR VR VR and......

More VR

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Hopefully at least one new AAA IP and a sequel to a popular franchise/game. At any rate, I hope they focus more on games than they have before.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

@GTR12 said:

VR VR VR and......

More VR

I scared this may be true but I really want nothing but games games games.

JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 JopaGeri
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts

Shenmue III.....

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

I think they'll drop the price of the 500GB PS4 to $299 and release a 1TB model at $349. That would put MS on its knees for good.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

i don't think sony will have big surprises for this year . they will play it safe again by spending more time on showing footage of uncharted 4 game play, which we have already seen last year so this year it will only be a better and refined version. and then there will 100s of indie games, which according to me are worthless, because playing such small games on a console doesn't make any sense to me, indie games are suppose to be for smaller devices. they might show a new dlc for destiny and more footage from third party games which wont be a surprise. and this year it might be more about the project morpheus, not a big surprise again. the only big surprise could be if sony reveal next God of war or the last of us 2 or gran turismo 7 or may be a whole new AAA title exclusive. This year i don't have any hopes from sony ,its not like i hate playstation , i really like the console but its a safe choice not to have big hopes from sony this year. but still it will be exciting to see what other third party games will be revealed in this e3.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@david61983 said:

I think they'll drop the price of the 500GB PS4 to $299 and release a 1TB model at $349. That would put MS on its knees for good.

thats highly unlikely...

Platforma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Platforma
Member since 2009 • 188 Posts

This will be their best E3 of the generation games wise. It's usually when Sony is quiet and they pretend they have nothing that they do their best, remember the whole "We'll let Microsoft go first" at the beginning of the gen?

What I think will be there:

• Uncharted 4 stage demo featuring an epic set piece, no longer pre-alpha footage either
  • Uncharted remastered collection (practically been confirmed at this point)
  • Ratchet and Clank gameplay
  • No Man's Sky stage demo
  • Marketing deals and live demos with some of the biggest franchises (CoD: Blacks Ops 3, Battlefront, Assassin's creed, Destiny DLC, Batman, MGSV)
  • Epic montages showing already announced games and unannounced indie games
  • Another partnership with Valve between PSN and Steam, similar to what MS is doing with Windows
  • Left 4 Dead 3 announced for PC/PS4 (gameplay at PC conference)
  • Warner Bros. announces Suicide Squad, could be exclusive/timed
  • Shawn Layden makes an announcement on behalf of Rockstar (moneyhats?)
  • Kingdom Hearts collection remastered exclusive for PS4, Kingdom Hearts 3 Xbox version cancelled (Square Enix was very displeased with how Type 0 did on Xbox to the point it wasn't even worth it)
  • Persona 5 gameplay
  • Level 5 PS4 JRPG (already confirmed to be there and will be Level 5's biggest game ever)
  • Short Morpheus section featuring Sony London Studio (Yoshida said Morpheus isn't good for the stage)
  • Sony Bend's open world survival horror game for PS4 (hinted to be at E3 on twitter)
  • Guerrilla Games open world RPG featuring robot dinosaurs with the writer of Fallout New Vegas
  • Sony Japan Studio/Team ICO re-reveal The Last Guardian for PS4 or Media Molecule's next generation of Play Create Share (I think only one of these will show up), Media Molecule said they're announcing their new IP this year but there's a really good chance Sony Japan will show something since they were rebooted in 2012

To sum it up I expect a bunch of new 1st party AAA IPs (3 is what the rumors say), alongside plenty of 3rd party moneyhats (look up GopherD). New IPs to release next year, moneyhats to be focused this year. Sony will take advantage of their strong lead to secure them.

Cory Barlog said E3 is still to early for God of War (look forward to PSX) and I can see GT7 being announced at it's own thing. Sucker Punch for PSX as well. That leaves Media Molecule and Quantic Dream for the Paris show.

They also have the longest conference (outside of the PC conference at 3 hours?) which is set at 2 hours so they can fit all of this in.

felixw1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 felixw1
Member since 2010 • 49 Posts

according to rumors:

new quantic dreams game

gravity rush remastered ps4

gravity rush 2

hopefully tomb raider news (although let's face it, no word on that until 2016) :(

last of us 2 (don't believe this rumor)

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts
  • start off with a reminder that the PS4 is the hottest console on the market
  • then stack the deck showing how the PS4 is a haven for indie devs
  • again, reminder that the PS4 is the hottest console on the market
  • that will soften the announcement that all the hottest PS4 1st party exclusives will start coming in 2016 and not 2015
  • and again, reminder that the PS4 is the hottest console on the market
  • then they'll hide behind the parade of 3rd party multiplats coming to their system (if there's any surprises it'll be here)
  • again, reminder that the PS4 is the hottest console on the market

what I'd like to see:

• announcement that they're reviving Colony Wars
  • modern Siren seque
  • Patapon trilogy announced for PS4/PS3/Vita
  • Evolution making a new Motorstorm game, or I'd settle for remastering the trilogy for PS4
  • Last Guardian revived from the ashes, and surprisingly looking good
  • a new studio taking over the WipeOut franchise and making great needed changes to the series
pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#13 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

God of War 4 announced.

Guerilla Games new IP announced.

Syphon Filter reboot for PS4.

Last Guardian announced for PS4.

Uncharted 4 beta.

Uncharted Trilogy HD Collection announced for 2015.

Medievil announced for PS4

Playstation All Stars 2 announced.

PS VIta price dropped to $169.99.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Not a prediction but more a personal wishlist..

1. I hope Sony doesn't spend 30-45mins bragging on sales figures bla bla bla

2. I hope Sony doesn't spend too much time showing 3rd party multiplats, trying to convince everyone PS4 is the best system to play.

What I wish..

1. Sony announcing new improvements to PSN service

2. Sony give some love to PSV with a couple new 'exclusive' 1st party titles..

3. Sony announcing / showing The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, GOW4, GT7, Heavenly Sword 2, Warhawk 2, Quantic Dream game, Modnation racers 2, Resistance 4 & a new Motorstorm title..

:)

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@Malta_1980:

PSV is dead you know, there's an article someone posted on SW.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

@GTR12 said:

@Malta_1980:

PSV is dead you know, there's an article someone posted on SW.

Well yeah support is terrible but there are many more games I'm interested in getting for Vita... Currently own 29 games and there are approx 7 more I'm planning on getting.. People may think it is dead, however it does offer some great titles..

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I'm sticking with The Last Guardian, anything else is pretty safe bet lol

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

you can scratch Uncharted HD of the list

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#19 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

Surprised nothing has been leaked like previous years.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

New model PS4 with 1TB hard drive, slightly lighter and more energy efficient. It would probably mean the 500GB get the price reduction and the 1TB remains at the same $399 price.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

hope to see Guerilla Games new ip

CBASSON1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CBASSON1996
Member since 2015 • 60 Posts

God of War Ultimate Collection???

God of War 4

Killzone 4 or Shadowfall 2

Jak & Daxter 4

Ratchet & Clank

Crash Bandicoot

Silent Hill

Gran Turismo 7

Motorstorm

Resident Evil

Juiced 3?

It could be any of those titles having a new release....I personally would like if we can get a new Motorstorm game, with SPLITSCREEN!!! :D

Xristophoros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#23  Edited By Xristophoros
Member since 2013 • 7640 Posts

the last guardian. this is the year... mark my words.

aside from that, i expect to see new game reveals from sony bend, santa monica, guerilla games and another studio japan title (gravity rush 2). there might be a teaser for gran turismo 7 but i won't hold my breath on that one. very likely we will see what quanic dream is cooking up as well.

$50 price drop on 500gb ps4. a new 1tb model revealed for the current asking price of $399.

tempura13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 tempura13
Member since 2009 • 453 Posts

Sony actually giving the Vita some stage time other than a two-minute sizzle reel.

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

A lot of this is mixed in with want and honest logical prediction....Im going to throw some crazy stuff in there too just to do so.

• Come out talk about the great sales of the PS4. With the great sales of the PS4 it shows that players want to play with Sony. So, they'll bring up PS Plus and its two free games a month but THIS month will finally bring us DriveClub Plus Edition; which is funny because the Plus edition will actually have less stuff than the regular game. DC+ will be available that night but that's not all; with the growing number of PS+ users and all the games getting downloaded every month, Sony decided to come with a 1 TB PS4 at $399.99. I dont know whether they'll have the regular PS4 w/ 500 at 349 or what but Im definitely calling the 1 TB to take over for the $400 mark.
  • This moves in talking about the UI and its improvements which will move along into a big update with some things that people have been asking for.
  • Lots and lots of coverage of third party games. Exclusive stuff for Destiny(to combat Halo and also them making Tomb Raider exclusive to XBox One), early stuff on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, I think a lot of stuff with Activision will be there(perhaps some GHLive stuff too).
  • Street Fighter V gets a release date and they talk about Deep Down, we see a demo and/or a big trailer that ends with a release date as well(September?).
  • Guerilla Games game gets a trailer but it will be very short and just a reveal of the name as it will be talked about much more at Gamescom.
  • VERY small segment talking about VR and how it's available on the floor.
  • Square Enix comes out talks a little about FF15, no demo or trailer but they bring up FF7 and say itll be released later this month. *HERES WHERE MY CRAZY PREDICTIONS START TO COME IN* the game is coming out but they have something else to show. FF7 trailer from PSX begins and halfway through, the graphics transform to current gen and everyone in the audience explodes. SE announces the remake has begun development(so it obviously wont be here for quite some time). *now the craziness comes down a bit after that, I promise*
  • They come out and talk about how many great games have come out over the years, they mention that PSX was huge and how big Playstation was over the years and how much longer it has to go(something like that)...talking about the games over the years and how some must return(obviously following the SE announcement). With this a trailer starts off black and you hear an explosion....next thing you know a familiar female voice comes in "OH MY GOD! Logan, are you okay?" Syphon Filter logo shows up. They go to talk about it but very little.
  • ONE LAST THING! The Last Guardian is back in a trailer and at the end you get a release date for this fall.

So yeah....hope you all enjoyed that. I accept that 98% of that is wrong lol.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Last_Ride

i really expect that Guerilla will show their new RPG

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#27 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'd like to see some fresh No Man's Sky gameplay! It's the only new game I'm buying this year besides Arkham Knight.

JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JopaGeri
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts
@JopaGeri said:

Shenmue III.....

Woooooooooooooo

The_Last_Ride