Sony dropping the ball on SOCOM

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dude63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 dude63
Member since 2004 • 5505 Posts

Im sure im not the only dissapointed after hearing servers will be discotinued. Especially after the lackluster time Zipper did with S4. Its like all tactical of the first ones was gone. Instead we got a uncharted like shooter. While still theres nothing like it multiplayer wise on consoels at the moment except for ghost recon. Its just a shame that one of the primary multiplayer games for SONY was dropped the ball on like it has been. Im hoping for another company to take over its reigns and make it more of what SOCOM is..a great tactical shooter. We do not need to appeal to the mainstrea masses. Sales would of been so much better if it was like the old socoms. Heck I think a socom 2 hd would outsell it. Still I gotta give it to Zipper..respected, talented people over there. I just wish they would of understood their fanbase and gave us a game that was...a socom game. Thoughts? Should SOCOM continue..if so who should handle it. Alos, a more mainstream focus better, or stick to roots? Thoughts>?

EDIT: (Effective August 31st) Severs being discontinued for PS2 and PSP versions of the SOCOM franchise. SOCOM 4 and Socom Confrontation will still be online. sorry should of explained intitally up there^ I just assumed people knew...

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

they are shutting down the socom 4 servers? serves them right after they completely ignored what made socom what it was and decided to turn it into a call of duty wannabe. i've been playing socom since socom 1 came out in 2002 and socom 4 is the first socom i never bought or even touched. the last socom game i played was confrontation and that was more of a socom than socom 4 was. all they did was make a third person call of duty wannabe and slap the socom title on it

dude63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dude63
No my bad probably should of explained. They are shutting down the original servers. This means all the ones on ps2 and psp. Now this is bad..howeverI beleive we might be getting a hd collection..thats just wishfull thinking tho
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

they are shutting down the socom 4 servers? serves them right after they completely ignored what made socom what it was and decided to turn it into a call of duty wannabe. i've been playing socom since socom 1 came out in 2002 and socom 4 is the first socom i never bought or even touched. the last socom game i played was confrontation and that was more of a socom than socom 4 was. all they did was make a third person call of duty wannabe and slap the socom title on it

barry000
No, they are shutting the servers down for PS2 and PSP SOCOMs
GHO5T-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GHO5T-
Member since 2011 • 419 Posts
On August 31, 2012 Sony Computer Entertainment America will be terminating the on-line service for the following PlayStation®2 and PlayStation®Portable (PSP) software titles: PlayStation®2 system: SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs, SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs, SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs, SOCOM Combined Assault. PSP system: SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo, SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2, SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike.
dude63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dude63
Yes, thank you...whats e veyrones thoughts on this. Its deeply upsetting especially for Tactical shooters and Socom fans alike.
Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

oh but that still doesn't change my opinion on how the creaters of socom also killed socom with socom 4

aamirshahji01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aamirshahji01
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

i think cod and battlefiels are the made socom un-popular because these two games are far more better than socom

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts
They should not have messed with the formula that made Socom and Socom 2 so good over the years. Nothing has come close to that crack addiction since.
SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

SOCOM 4 was my first SOCOM, I thought it was a decent game, but I unfortunately missed the first ones (heard they are way better)

I've heard people mention the HD collection, did the original SOCOMS have a campaign? because otherwise i think that would be a failure, releasing 3 MP games would break up to many players

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Socom blows on PS3. Confrontation had way too many glitches and wasn't fun at all, and Socom 4 was a COD clone in third person. If they were smart they would remake Socom 2 and put online in the game, but I doubt it. I guess Zipper and Sony would rather waste money on crap no one wants instead of actually listening to their true fanbase though.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

SOCOM 4 was my first SOCOM, I thought it was a decent game, but I unfortunately missed the first ones (heard they are way better)

I've heard people mention the HD collection, did the original SOCOMS have a campaign? because otherwise i think that would be a failure, releasing 3 MP games would break up to many players

SgtSutton

All of them had campaigns, but I suspect most people would play Socom 2's multiplayer over the orginal's or the third's if a HD collection was released.

FireEmblem74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FireEmblem74
Member since 2010 • 277 Posts
I really hate how bad socom is now. i loved it on my ps2 too.