Sony Brought their A Game today

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DXNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DXNation
Member since 2007 • 176 Posts
I own all three systems but have been a sony fan since 96. I must admit MS had me a lil worried but SONY Brought their A Game and i'm very impressed and looking forward to everything they offered. What are u guys' thoughts.
unholymight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 unholymight
Member since 2007 • 3378 Posts
what did you think was the best parts of MS' presentation
vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

I dont get what everybody saying it was boring or uninteresting

They made statistics actually interesting an intergrating it with LBP and out of all the companies they showed the most GAMES

choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
If that's their A game, I'd hate to see their C game...
FFF4N4T1C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 FFF4N4T1C
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts
I rather enjoyed it too. I might very well just have to accept that fact that SE is moving towards 360, while PS3 will be my console for MMOs, shooters, and ridiculously scaled games. I was impressed.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I thought the 80gb announcement was a big letdown... backwards compatability is really important, at least to me. Seems like they've ditched it all together. The video store was already common knowledge. Nice that it's there today, but as a 360 owner also, it's really nothing new... and I sure won't be BUYING any SD movies over PSN. (They don't offer HD to buy, for piracy issues, I presume.) They 'just wait' Home stuff was a letdown too... I wanted a date, especially considering what MS announced with their avatars. They were more focused on games than the other 2, though, so that was nice. We even saw some new titles, which is more than I can say from Microsoft.

Overall, it didn't have what I was looking for, though I agree the LBP level to describe the business report was very clever.

Avatar image for spikeydude97323
spikeydude97323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 spikeydude97323
Member since 2003 • 1286 Posts

They made statistics actually interesting an intergrating it with LBP and out of all the companies they showed the most GAMES

vincent380

That was great but i wasn't watching for the statistics.

RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 RoganSarine
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
I actually didn't fall asleep halfway through the conference... Unforunately, it was the only emblem I got but whatever ha ha. I really wanted something more, but the games that are coming so soon will make up for it... Only if half the stuff they talked about actually comes out... before the end of next year *HOME*. While I'm not that big of a avid home fan... I still want the bloody thing to come out already.
vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vincent380
[QUOTE="vincent380"]

spikeydude97323

Im pretty sure none of us was but they made it the most watchable without falling asleep unlike nintendo earlier

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#10 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
[QUOTE="vincent380"]

spikeydude97323

Agree. I wanted to see some upcoming games rather than hearing (AS WE ALWAYS HEAR EVERY CONFERENCE) how much the ps3, psp, or ps2 sells. A Game? HA! Resistance and other games shown weren't even given a release date.

tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts

I thought the 80gb announcement was a big letdown... backwards compatability is really important, at least to me. Seems like they've ditched it all together. The video store was already common knowledge. Nice that it's there today, but as a 360 owner also, it's really nothing new... and I sure won't be BUYING any SD movies over PSN. (They don't offer HD to buy, for piracy issues, I presume.) They 'just wait' Home stuff was a letdown too... I wanted a date, especially considering what MS announced with their avatars. They were more focused on games than the other 2, though, so that was nice. We even saw some new titles, which is more than I can say from Microsoft.

Overall, it didn't have what I was looking for, though I agree the LBP level to describe the business report was very clever.

donalbane
i agree. for some the presentation was probably just what they were looking for but for me, not so much. glad they showed God of War, but at the same time, that was the one game i kind of figured they "had" to show. MAG does look interesting. and seeing where they are going with the 80GB makes me glad i purchased the 60GB.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

If that's their A game, I'd hate to see their C game...choffy

QFT, unless by "A Game" he means "ANNIHILATED", which is what MS did to Sony this year. When the most comforting part of your presentation is "just wait until we have in store next year or the year after that", you bombed.

ashunpnoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ashunpnoy
Member since 2003 • 371 Posts
people need to remember that these press conferences are usually just for the press. So of course they're gonna talk about numbers. Its basically a business presentation and since e3 is no longer open to the public, they treat it as such.
stinkeyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 stinkeyb
Member since 2005 • 713 Posts
I thought they did ok too. Especialy on the part of the PSP everyone is still upset about the who Sqeenix announcement so their too stupid to see what their getting from SONY is more that everyone esle is offering. Their acting like Square can't make a bad game and that they actually seen or played FFXIII already.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
I thought they had the best conference by far.
DXNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DXNation
Member since 2007 • 176 Posts
[QUOTE="spikeydude97323"][QUOTE="vincent380"]

MusashiSensi

Agree. I wanted to see some upcoming games rather than hearing (AS WE ALWAYS HEAR EVERY CONFERENCE) how much the ps3, psp, or ps2 sells. A Game? HA! Resistance and other games shown weren't even given a release date.

Um we've been known that Resistance 2 was being release November 4th. come at me correct pimpin.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Dunno man, I was way more impressed with MS. Stealing FF13 takes away Sonys biggest console seller.

PS3 nothing new at all. GoD3 we expected...Resistance 2? that's all they have for 08?

I'm more worried actually seeing their cards and knowing they don't have a whole lot. The fate of my PS3 may be a pawn shop.

We didn't even get a release date for Home or God of War 3. They showed us a bunch of nothing, with the same Sony motto of "Soon"

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 xSIZEMATTER
Member since 2008 • 7045 Posts
It was a tie between MS and Sony. I never been a final fantasy fan so that announcement didn't matter to me. Not any real surprises this E3. No halo4 type of news. Nintendo conference made my ears bleed from that ugly ass speaker of theirs.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Well half of it was statistics which was boring and which I dont care about I was impressed with MAG and Resistance 2 demo, I still feel like Sony is trying to catch up with the 360 with the video market and trophies. I also like the HOME video but I feel like its never going to come out.
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts

i thought it was the best out of all the conferences. nintendo's was super boring with super stiff speakers like the annoying lady and that wierd gu, they had that sucky sounding air drummer, and showed off a new wiimote attachment that bassically means the original one was half assed and not nearly as revolutionary as they say. microsofts is too cocky and showed off wow we got something sony has and check out this wannabe wii avatar things and a needless new xbox live dashboard. they had some moments and the speakers were good. but besides final fantasy nothing new, just a bunch of multiplats. the netflix thing was cool too.

sony's speakers seem super relaxed and cool, they were funny (the asian guy talkin about everquest was hilarious) they showed off lots of exclusive content, the littlebigplanet thing was excellent and made the statistics stuff entertaining, and they showed of some decent new trailers, and showed new stuff like mag, which is really mind bloggling. the nw movie store and all of the psp connectivity was excellent, i like that its coming straight from the major studios and not from netflix even though thats cool too.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MusashiSensi
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="spikeydude97323"][QUOTE="vincent380"]

DXNation

Um we've been known that Resistance 2 was being release November 4th. come at me correct pimpin.

Come at you correct? You young guys are funny. Tell me where you see me coming at you at all because I don't see you name in any of the quotes..."Pimpin".

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ronniepage588

Well half of it was statistics which was boring and which I dont care about I was impressed with MAG and Resistance 2 demo, I still feel like Sony is trying to catch up with the 360 with the video market and trophies. I also like the HOME video but I feel like its never going to come out.raylewisnfl52

seems to me 360 is trying to catch up with wii on those avatar jawns and getting final fantasy

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ronniepage588
[QUOTE="DXNation"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="spikeydude97323"][QUOTE="vincent380"]

MusashiSensi

Come at you correct? You young guys are funny. Tell me where you see me coming at you at all because I don't see you name in any of the quotes..."Pimpin".

try responding to what he said instead of arguing. everyone knows resistance's release date so why complain about that bozo

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
How come every year everyone forgets these conferences are for industry media, not consumers.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Usually I download the vids in HD and watch them again later, but not this year.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Well half of it was statistics which was boring and which I dont care about I was impressed with MAG and Resistance 2 demo, I still feel like Sony is trying to catch up with the 360 with the video market and trophies. I also like the HOME video but I feel like its never going to come out.raylewisnfl52

Yea, I also feel like there was no surprise...

Resistance 2, old. God of War 3, expected...should have been out sooner. LBP is getting plaid out, just release it already.

Home? Are they seriously still talking about this?

I just wasn't blown away, hell I'm not even excited for anything they announced besides GoW3, but how long is that going to be at this rate...

mikeyv1890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mikeyv1890
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts

sony and MS both had solid conferences and i was very impressed with MS putting netflix movies in their store and also having a south park game in their arcade, its one of my favorite shows.

i was impressed with sony introducing the new game MAG, God of War III, but i was dissapointed that killzone 2 was not really mentioned. but i am very happy that i can now downlaod movies on my ps3!! and tonight!!

mikeyv1890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mikeyv1890
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts

sony and MS both had solid conferences and i was very impressed with MS putting netflix movies in their store and also having a south park game in their arcade, its one of my favorite shows.

i was impressed with sony introducing the new game MAG, God of War III, but i was dissapointed that killzone 2 was not really mentioned. but i am very happy that i can now downlaod movies on my ps3!! and tonight!!

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#30 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Sony was the best of the three by far.
mfarris2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mfarris2006
Member since 2005 • 335 Posts
Microsoft's conferance sucked except for Final Fantasy. Who know's when that is even coming out...
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
[QUOTE="spikeydude97323"][QUOTE="vincent380"]

MusashiSensi

Yep its pretty bad for an industry that makes billons upon billons of dollars and all you have to show is a new trailer for a game called mag. When your one of the three big competitiors in this billion dollar industry this is the best you can do? I mean seriously what a joke

zeus45673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zeus45673
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts

no they didnt

only thing that was good was mag and god of war

disappointed

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MusashiSensi
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="DXNation"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="spikeydude97323"][QUOTE="vincent380"]

ronniepage588

try responding to what he said instead of arguing. everyone knows resistance's release date so why complain about that bozo

You called me a bozo? What are you 3 years old? You young guys need to grow up and drop the name calling. Grow up.

bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts

The Sony conference was a huge disappointment to me. The God of War 3 announcement was great, and MAG sounds interesting. I'll be picking up Resistance 2 for sure. What else? LBP is delayed another month. Whoo. No real new news on Home. Great. Video download service tonight? Cool I guess, 360 already has that though, and plus I could just watch any movie I wanted online for free anyways. And no super exciting announcement to make up for the fact that Sony lost FF13. The Microsoft press conference was insanely good. I was hoping that Sony would realize this and really throw everything they've got. Instead, they throw this crap. I'm not trying to bash the PS3, because I love my PS3 and want it to be better. It has more potential than the 360. But Sony's just letting me down all too much these days.

And I laughed when I heard that Jack Tretton said the PS3 is all about exclusives, when Sony loses another MAJOR one every other month. Funniest thing I've heard all week.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vincent380

Why you guys STILL looking for a reason for Sony to "reply" back just because we lost FF. I understand how you feel i felt that way yesterday but then i realized it wasnt as a big of a deal as everybody is making it. We still get the damn game.

Get over it and move on seriously

carneyfolk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 carneyfolk
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts
Ms had one announcement worth noting...that they are getting a game the ps3 is already getting....big whoop. Sony actually showed me a new IP and a slew of games for ps3/psp. I for one think they stole the show, but you xbots an concentrate on ff13 untill next e3.
jb61973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jb61973
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

Dunno man, I was way more impressed with MS. Stealing FF13 takes away Sonys biggest console seller.

PS3 nothing new at all. GoD3 we expected...Resistance 2? that's all they have for 08?

I'm more worried actually seeing their cards and knowing they don't have a whole lot. The fate of my PS3 may be a pawn shop.

We didn't even get a release date for Home or God of War 3. They showed us a bunch of nothing, with the same Sony motto of "Soon"

Mau-Justice

Here is the problem with people. No patience. Trust me, XBOX and PS3 are basically interchangeable now, but in a couple of years, instead of dishing out cash for the new XBOX you will have the PS3 which will have the same capabilities. WHat Sony did today (maybe it is boring) is tried to convey that they are a forward thinking company and that the future is their system and not the competitor. Microsoft will have to come out with a new console (I thought the Game Developers at the end was a nice touch) kind of said that space will be no problem going forward and that there are almost no limits to what they will be able to do. I think SOny has positioned itself so that in 5 or 6 years, their console will be the only relevant one, while still keeping up with the competition today.

carneyfolk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 carneyfolk
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

jb61973

Here is the problem with people. No patience. Trust me, XBOX and PS3 are basically interchangeable now, but in a couple of years, instead of dishing out cash for the new XBOX you will have the PS3 which will have the same capabilities. WHat Sony did today (maybe it is boring) is tried to convey that they are a forward thinking company and that the future is their system and not the competitor. Microsoft will have to come out with a new console (I thought the Game Developers at the end was a nice touch) kind of said that space will be no problem going forward and that there are almost no limits to what they will be able to do. I think SOny has positioned itself so that in 5 or 6 years, their console will be the only relevant one, while still keeping up with the competition today.

I agree, and one major reason i will never buy an xbox system ever again is...how many xbox games did they make after the 360 came out? oh yeah, none, zero, zilch. They left millions of xbox owners unsupported. That is a travesty. but thats MS, just look at how they tried to shove vista down our throats.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
I thought they had the best conference by far.thelastguy
not the best, but still very good... they won E3 imo.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

I like Sony's conference. Nintendo's was boring, and the only good part of Microsoft's was the GeOW2 gameplay, other than that, MS spent their time trying to throw jabs at Sony, and then show off their "original interface (read XMB-style) and avatars (read Mii)."

I would agree that some more demos would have been nice, but I gotta admit, the statistics done through LBP was freakin' smooth as butter.