Sony, Bring Back Crash!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TriTails34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TriTails34
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I think than Crash Bandicoot should be bought back to Sony. Activision had merged in July 2008 with some company called Vivendi Games. At the beginning, the company was called Universal Interactive Studios. And at an unknown date, the company has signed a contract with Naughty Dog, the studio which has sold the rights to his franchise before it is even created. The first game from this franchise would become Crash Bandicoot. But during the development of the game, one of the reasons why this game was coming out exclusively on PlayStation, it's because Naughty Dog wanted to create a mascot for Sony in the video game industry, while Universal owns the rights to the character. After Naughty Dog has done with the franchise and Crash Bash was released, the deal between Sony and Universal is broken and Crash becomes multiplatform, making him the mascot for Universal, not Sony. It is legally true, but in my opinion, NO! Crash Bandicoot is the mascot of Sony and its PlayStation range as Naughty Dog had expected ! If Naughty Dog has created Crash, it's Sony who guided him to his audience. I think though Sony would be a better home for Crash that Activision. Sony has a much more ingenious marketing team and much more talented development studios. I mean, think about it. If Crash Bandicoot belongs to Sony, the next games will probably be produced by Mark Cerny, the producer of the original trilogy, and Naughty Dog will probably participate as creative consultant, while creating new games as they usually do. I saw several petitions and operations conducted by fans, which consists in pushing Activision to create new projects on the franchise. I don't believe it, and this is for good reason. Activision Don't Care ! This is a company run by assholes thinking of nothing else than money. They don't need to bring back Crash. Games like Call of Duty or Skylanders are enough for them to make a max of dough. Everything you say to them about Crash, it's like talking to a wall. So, my dear friends, listen to me. I want that Crash Bandicoot come back, and you too. If you really want, try another way. I suggest to put pressure on Sony, not Activision ! The goal is simple : Convince Sony to see than Crash deserves a prominent place in the PlayStation family, and encourage them to buy the franchise. After you have signed the petition, we will invade social networks around Sony. Post on Facebook, tweet with the hashtag (#sonybringbackcrash), talk about it to your friends even in the real world. We are here to bring back Crash, and in the right way! http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sony-bring-back-crash.html http://sonybringbackcrash.blogspot.com
Carving_a_GSAU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Carving_a_GSAU
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts

Look I know you're upset but dont worry about it. I dont think Sony will pay activision to get it back. It just wouldnt be worth it. But you know what Sony should do though? They should pay Sega to make a new Alex Kidd game. Somebody for the love of god, talk some sense into Sega, and get them to bring back AK!!!!

I love that little guy

Alex_Kidd_EnchantedCastle.png

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Oh God no.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
All companies care about money and money first. Get over it, and stop letting idealism get in the way of a rational thought.
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Seriously just get over it, there not making a new crash, the fact still remains the last crash on a major console was ps1 we've ps2 and ps3 nothing they ain't going to make one or pay for the license back. anyway you can get the original still and it's still good to this day play that, but i honestly think a new crash wouldn't walk now, maybe a hd re-make of the old ones would be good but crash has been done there aint much more you can do. 

_Perfectionist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 _Perfectionist
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Dude. You're talking about Activision here. Fans' satisfaction is the last thing they care about.

MountyManGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MountyManGamer
Member since 2012 • 209 Posts

Yea, the Crash games were pretty darn fun.  It would be nice to see a revamped Crash.  However, I doubt it will happen given the circumstances :(