Something that has bothered me about GTA VI so far

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Just like the majority of people on this board, I'm really pumped to get my hands on this game in roughly two weeks time. No matter what, I think we can safely assume that this game is going to be a truckload of fun to play.

However, there's one thing I've come to wonder about: With the game being so close to release, don't you think it's weird that we've never seen any actual gameplay? Don't get confused with in-game graphics, I mean actual gameplay. We've seen lotsa cut-scenes and commercials, but no real gameplay yet. I mean, we even got to see Assassin Creed's gameplay months prior to its release, and I hope you people remember just how well they kept this in the shadow for so long.

So, what's the reason we haven't seen any gameplay clips yet? Do they just wanna build up the hype to the max? Do they want you to have the absolute "oh snap" experience when you play the game for the first time? Or do you thing (as some previews remarked) that the game still has some silly technical problems like pop-ups that Rockstar doesn't want you to see?

I don't know, but I find it strange for such a huge title not to show any gameplay footage at this point

Your thoughts?

(Sorry if there's a massive amount of typos. It's damn late and I should go to bed) :)

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
I think people expect how the game will play, and the name GTA alone will make it sell.
simulation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 simulation
Member since 2003 • 610 Posts
Maybe you should rewatch the trailers, theres definetly gameplay in it, plus in teh screenshots
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts

Probably because of 2 things:

1. People who played it say it feels just like old GTA's for the most part.

2. We already know that GTA's gameplay is superb, and that they're keeping the same kind of gameplay mechanics in this GTA that they have in previous ones. So in other words, we already know how it's going to be. :D

LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts

I don't think we need any gameplay videos for GTA IV. Fan's should already know how GTA IV would play like.

Avatar image for ragdollsrock012
ragdollsrock012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 ragdollsrock012
Member since 2007 • 396 Posts
Gameplay videos would be pretty good.
bluearmykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 bluearmykid
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

It's the rockstar way, now they quite released a lot of info, compared with San Andreas the info we already got is quite big.

And BTW, you should already know that the GTA-gameplay is good, very goood.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Maybe you should rewatch the trailers, theres definetly gameplay in it, plus in teh screenshotssimulation

Yeah, that may be true. I'm just saying that there hasn't been anything like a real 'gameplay only' clip that lasts for even just 20 seconds. I just thought that's kinda weird. I suppose it's just the paranoid side of me going "they've got something to hide!". ;)

MrPoo6321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrPoo6321
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts
I'm not worried at all.... in all GTA games, the cutscenes and the graphics are the same graphically... its not like you have to wait for a cutscene to load then watch the cutscene and then wait for more loading and you're taken back to worse graphics.
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts
There are leaked copies of gtaiv out on youtube, i havent clicked on them but im sure they will show you gameplay.
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts

There are leaked copies of gtaiv out on youtube, i havent clicked on them but im sure they will show you gameplay.1uP_OnYou

Avatar image for vENGEFULrAPTURE
vENGEFULrAPTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vENGEFULrAPTURE
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts
search gta IV on wikipedia and scroll down then you'll see a screenshot of gameplay it talks about the new cover system
bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bigrhyno
Member since 2005 • 1649 Posts
I'm going to have to bust your balls here and say, we haven't seen any gameplay because GTA 6 isn't being worked on yet. I'm just messing with you.
Shortbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Shortbob
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
They do have stuff they are hiding, but when we find it, it is going to be awesome!! I can not wait to see what GTA has in store.
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts
mate dont worry about it this is gta's way it has been for many years now, they never show gameplay to its release ever. do u not remember san andrea's or vice city all we had to go on till about a month before was little cut scenes and fake websites they go all out to keep it quiet. its a brilliant selling point it hypes u all up till the very and then u pretty much buy the game anyway they have the pr side down to a t.
soal206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 soal206
Member since 2007 • 249 Posts
i didnt know we were on gta 6 already.
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
I just want to see what the HUD looks like!