Some good Co-Op games..?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D636A6D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 D636A6D
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts

Hey guys, my Dad and I looooove playing PS3 together, and are now in need for some new co-op games. Im sick of FIFA, we're bored of UT3, didn't really like Warhawk, tired of Gran Turismo, and more recently, we just beat all the Spec Op missions for MW2. Now we have no games to play together, and we're looking for some good co-op games. We are thinking of getting COD: WAW because Nazi Zombies is hella fun and the entire campaign is co-op. What other good co-op games are out there..?

Weeze_smeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Weeze_smeeze
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I'll give you one that I'm sure noone will recommend: Kane and Lynch. I had alot of fun beating this game with a buddy of mine. But of course you'll have to be comfortable hearing alot of foul language/mature content with your dad.

D636A6D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 D636A6D

I'll give you one that I'm sure noone will recommend: Kane and Lynch. I had alot of fun beating this game with a buddy of mine. But of course you'll have to be comfortable hearing alot of foul language/mature content with your dad.

Weeze_smeeze

Really? I actually heard this game was OK...but it ive seen some gameplay and looks like a might enjoy it. My Dad might not though, he is more into sports games and FPS. Isn't Kane and Lynch a Third Person Shooter? And my dad really doesn't care about the mature content, so it's cool^^

darkreaper7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 darkreaper7
Member since 2010 • 100 Posts

Resistance: FOM had great coop and the co-op in Resistance 2 is alright but you can't play the whole campaign in co-op like in number 1. Finished the first one 3 times in co-op.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
Army of Two #2 is what ive got for co-op right now, and its pretty good.
NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 has great co-op.
infernalant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 infernalant
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts
Borderlands, awesome fun playing with others Army Of Two: 40th day seems like a blast too MW2 Has Co-Op Spec Ops, thats fun
ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts
Resident Evil 5 (The greatest CO-OP) Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Army of Two 40th Day COD:WAW is a good option, too, but not the first...
cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cebcubs1
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts

I've had the same problem you have finding co-op games and figuring out what the co-op options in the game actually are (story vs. spec ops type stuff). Someone turned me on to the following website that outlines all co-op games as well as details on the co-op (online, offline, story, co-op specific content, etc.):

http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?page=0&id=2

My personal favorites are Rainbow 6 vegas 2, both Army of Two games, COD:WAW (zombies is incredible, but need to buy all maps), Resistance, resident evil 5, Hawx is ok if you like that kind of stuff, but it got really repetitive.

Avoid conflict:denied ops and operation flashpoint: Dragon rising,theyare garbage

Sadly, Playstation does not really support co-op all that much for shooters. Hardly any of the exclusive Sony games support it. I was completely shocked when Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 both dropped campaign co-op, that fact is why I didn't buy either of them. Killzone especially made me mad because guerilla said from the beginningup until about 2 weeks before launch that the game would feature co-op campaign, then they dropped it. I hate to say it, but MS has the right idea to keeptheir big exclusive shooters co-op (Halo series and GeOW). They seem to understand that co-op is an important feature.

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

Army of 2 40th day is great is a great Co-op game. We just finished it and it took us around 30 hours. Matt Hazard from the PS Online Store is a really cool Co-op game. Conflict denied Ops is a long good Co-op game. Kane & Lynch is a good Co-op game if you don't mind foul language. Damnation is a fun Co-op game. Also the first Army of 2 is good, but a bit a bit short of a campaign. Resident Evil 5 is a very good Co-op game.

D636A6D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 D636A6D

I've had the same problem you have finding co-op games and figuring out what the co-op options in the game actually are (story vs. spec ops type stuff). Someone turned me on to the following website that outlines all co-op games as well as details on the co-op (online, offline, story, co-op specific content, etc.):

http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?page=0&id=2

My personal favorites are Rainbow 6 vegas 2, both Army of Two games, COD:WAW (zombies is incredible, but need to buy all maps), Resistance, resident evil 5, Hawx is ok if you like that kind of stuff, but it got really repetitive.

Avoid conflict:denied ops and operation flashpoint: Dragon rising,theyare garbage

Sadly, Playstation does not really support co-op all that much for shooters. Hardly any of the exclusive Sony games support it. I was completely shocked when Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 both dropped campaign co-op, that fact is why I didn't buy either of them. Killzone especially made me mad because guerilla said from the beginningup until about 2 weeks before launch that the game would feature co-op campaign, then they dropped it. I hate to say it, but MS has the right idea to keeptheir big exclusive shooters co-op (Halo series and GeOW). They seem to understand that co-op is an important feature.

cebcubs1

Alright man, thanks for the recomendations and the website, really helped. Im Asian, and since Chinese New Year is this Saurday, I'm gonna get a bunch of $$, so my Dad and I are planning to get Bordelands and COD: WAW. Thanks to everyone for the help!^^

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

RE5 is pretty much made for Co-Op...

Little Big Planet as a co-op platformer.

Borderlands aswell for a co-op FPS.

Jbller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jbller3
Member since 2009 • 824 Posts

For First Person Shooters:

Borderlands, Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2

Third Person Shooters:

Resident Evil 5, Army of 2: 40th Day, Lost Planet 2 (comes out in May)

Platformer:

LittleBigPlanet

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

[QUOTE="Weeze_smeeze"]

D636A6D

Really? I actually heard this game was OK...but it ive seen some gameplay and looks like a might enjoy it. My Dad might not though, he is more into sports games and FPS. Isn't Kane and Lynch a Third Person Shooter? And my dad really doesn't care about the mature content, so it's cool^^

Story is decent. Reminds me of the movie Ronin. Gameplay is average with few bugs here and there. IMO game is only worth as a rental.

KylethePeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KylethePeon
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Army of Two, Uncharted 2, World at War, Resident Evil 5 and to a lesser extent MAG and Resistance. Go wild.
Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Pablo620
Member since 2004 • 4980 Posts
Army of Two and try Marvel ultimate Alliance 2
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Resident Evil 5 and Trine.
Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#19 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts
Spec Ops is incredibly sick, I'm looking for more of that as well. I don't know if you have Rainbow Six: Vegas or its sequel, but RSV had a really intense co-op mode called "Terrorist Hunt" which is even more nerve-wracking in my mind than Spec Ops. The goal is a lot simpler: just clear all the terrorists out of every level. But because of how easy it is to die, and because there are no revives, it is on a different level of intensity. Try it out.
munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

if u guys like fighting games street fighter 4 and tekken 6 are fun games. and littlebigplanet is great to play with someone of any age.