some demon souls questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mf1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mf1986
Member since 2005 • 706 Posts

i have read some faqs but didnt find these info,

for crafting a rare weapon that req +8 basic upgrade of lets say a dagger, does it have to be exact +8? i mean does it upgrade to rare weapon if it was higher than 8?

also i have killed the bosses on a world alrdy and i cant find much ppl to join with, how to i get that world to shift into white tendency?

i love this game, beat it 3 times so far, but now i want to hunt all the trophies,

thanx for your time.

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
Haven't played the game in a while (might pick up the EU version again), but if I remember correctly, it is possible to craft rare weapon types as long as the basic upgrades are at least the requirement. Fairly sure if you killed every boss in a world, the only way to still reach white world tendency would be killing invading black phantoms (according to the wiki, it shifts +1 towards white per kill). That would be since you can't shift it enough from pure black to pure white only with Primeval Demons and BP NPCs but without the boost of each boss.
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

hmmmm Someone jump in if I'm wrong as I've already forgotten the detailed intricacies of this game...

for your first question: (i'm unsure about this one)

I THINIK you can upgrade your weapon beyond +8 and still manage to upgrade it into a specialized/rare weapon. However, since getting ores tend to be difficult or time consuming, its strongly recommended that you meet the minimum requirement instead of surpassing it.

For your second question:

1. if you have stones of ephemeral (sp?) eyes, go to a world, revive yourself, then kill yourself. Do this seven times without heading to the nexus.

2. After doing this seven times, head over to the nexus and check the world tendency of the world you killed yourself in. It should be pure black.

3. Now head teleport back into the world and look for a prime demon (prime demons only appear in pure black worlds)...

4. Once you find it...kill it.

5. After killing the prime demon, go ahead and search for a story related black phantom in the stage. Once you've found it....kill it.

6. Head back to the nexus and check the world tendency.

7. It should have turned to pure white world tendency.

8. Repeat this process for each world to turn them all into pure white.

Important things to note:

1. Do not kill a prime demon or a black phantom and head back to the nexus....you must kill them both without venturing into the nexus.

2. Do not quit the game while in the nexus. There is a glitch that turns all tendencies to neutral if you quite in the nexus....so just travel to Boletaria's first archstone and quit from there just to be safe.

3. Once you've killed a prime demon/black phantom they won't reappear again so be careful with this.

I hope that helped.

Dysantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Dysantic
Member since 2003 • 1624 Posts
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com That should answer all your questions. It is a very informative wiki. Click on world tendencys to answer that question. About something being upgraded past what is required to go in a different direction, it has to be on the level required to get to that item. So a +8 long sword can be made into the Morion blade, but a +9 long sword cannot. It sucks, but thats the way this game is.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BenderUnit22
@verbalfilth According to the wiki, this won't work. You're -4 when in pure black WT and the primeval + BP NPC only give +3 each, meaning you'd be at +2 without killing bosses.
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
@verbalfilth According to the wiki, this won't work. You're -4 when in pure black WT and the primeval + BP NPC only give +3 each, meaning you'd be at +2 without killing bosses.BenderUnit22
I could have sworn it worked lol I guess I've forgotten it all...ah well. ,,, Although I don't remember much about the technicalities, at least I can, for certain,remember the fun I had with this game :P
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BenderUnit22
[QUOTE="verbalfilth"]I could have sworn it worked lol I guess I've forgotten it all...ah well. ,,, Although I don't remember much about the technicalities, at least I can, for certain,remember the fun I had with this game :P

Can't say I tested this either, I'm just going by what's in the wiki.
mf1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 mf1986
Member since 2005 • 706 Posts

also, does every +new game becomes harder? or it stops at a point? or is this based on your lvl?

Zombie2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Zombie2k
Member since 2004 • 3602 Posts

I believe the first New Game+ is significantly harder than the original game by about 50% whereas the next games (New Game++, etc.) are only something like 15% harder than the previous game.