This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wiiingssbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Wiiingssbb
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts
Hey everyone, I've been trying to play the socom beta but the long loads for everything is unbearable. I'm use to Cod4s quick load times. Do u think that socom will be worth a buy if the bugs will be taken out. I can't even play a match because of the load times. It has already frozen my ps3 all the way twice.
CONMAN999PS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CONMAN999PS
Member since 2008 • 1163 Posts

Hey everyone, I've been trying to play the socom beta but the long loads for everything is unbearable. I'm use to Cod4s quick load times. Do u think that socom will be worth a buy if the bugs will be taken out. I can't even play a match because of the load times. It has already frozen my ps3 all the way twice. Wiiingssbb

I know what your saying man. Luckily the team is working on a patch for the load times now and I hope they get it done soon cause I really want to play but can't

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Socom is awesome when you get into a game with no lag. I will definitely be buying it, oh and if you are complaining NOW after the first patch you should've been there a week ago. Freaking 30 minute load times sometimes for me last week (And I'm not even joking)
Wiiingssbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wiiingssbb
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

Socom is awesome when you get into a game with no lag. I will definitely be buying it, oh and if you are complaining NOW after the first patch you should've been there a week ago. Freaking 30 minute load times sometimes for me last week (And I'm not even joking)Duckman5

Wow. I'm sure it will be awesome once the patch comes out

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
That's what these beta's sre for my friend....to work-out the bugs.:)
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Duckman5

That's what these beta's sre for my friend....to work-out the bugs.:)MERC_RECONN

Too bad they gave themselves WEEKS instead of months to work out said bugs.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

[QUOTE="MERC_RECONN"]That's what these beta's sre for my friend....to work-out the bugs.:)Duckman5

Hard work never hurt anyone , it is crunch time.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="MERC_RECONN"]That's what these beta's sre for my friend....to work-out the bugs.:)Nike_Air

I'm not exactly counting on them to get it done. In fact i'm worried that the launch of the game will be a mess. Hopefully not but I can't shake the feeling.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3100 Posts
Overlooking the lag issues, I'm not really liking this game at all. I hate the exploding cars and the ret seems way too open. Maybe I'm crazy, I loved the the first two, and this feels more like the third
naz18h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 naz18h
Member since 2004 • 17231 Posts
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="MERC_RECONN"]That's what these beta's sre for my friend....to work-out the bugs.:)Duckman5

I'm not exactly counting on them to get it done. In fact i'm worried that the launch of the game will be a mess. Hopefully not but I can't shake the feeling.

The gameplay it self is close to perfect, the only issues are the servers, Warhawk beta was a mess and look at it now.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="MERC_RECONN"]That's what these beta's sre for my friend....to work-out the bugs.:)naz18h

The gameplay it self is close to perfect, the only issues are the servers, Warhawk beta was a mess and look at it now.

I know the gameplay kicks ass, I just get real frustrated when I lag or Sprint 10x as fast for short bursts.

Singpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Singpow
Member since 2007 • 360 Posts
I was able to play a couple rounds last night with little to no lag and it was just awesome. Just so long as they fix all the bugs it'll be a for sure buy for me.
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts

as long as its not as bad as vegas 2 online, im fine...but i believe in them! they'll be able to patch it for the release date :D

MGSFan27285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MGSFan27285
Member since 2004 • 850 Posts
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="MERC_RECONN"]That's what these beta's sre for my friend....to work-out the bugs.:)naz18h

its a steaming pile of mediocre crap?

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts

I am worried about this too. The first week of the beta I had no lag or freezing. The only issue was the long load time but when they opened the beta up to the Qore subscribers then it went to hell for me. Game lags horrible, PS3 freezes every other match and the load times have became longer. I just hope they fix the major issues.

Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Prisoner1137
Member since 2008 • 1213 Posts

I came across lag here and there, but that's BETA, plus it's pretty normal on Socom (old skool ones).

As for the loading times, never had ONE problem yet. I know alot of people play the "larger" games with alot of people, but I try to find a room smaller that way it could run decent. Has this worked for me? YUP! No problem so far and I'm loving it.

Glad I have my 2 days off for this launch game and I'll be very pleased to see the other maps. Mainly Desert Glory, can't wait.

Donthizz_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Donthizz_86
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts
its just a BETA.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
[QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="MERC_RECONN"]That's what these beta's sre for my friend....to work-out the bugs.:)Nike_Air

hard work hurts people all the time... ever heard of a heart attack? brain aneurysm? stroke!?

indyscooby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 indyscooby
Member since 2008 • 200 Posts

I spend more time on the loading screens then the acutal game.... I wish I had a new game to play. Until then ill go back to Battlefield bad company.. They need to get the new maps done...

ThaDirtySouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ThaDirtySouth
Member since 2003 • 559 Posts
I played one round, then the game ended, and got stuck at a loading screen and had to restart. But what I'm really hoping they fix is that crap when after you kill someone and you see their body go limp they are still able to get a few shots off. What is that seriously? I've died so many times because I get the kill on someone and as they are "dying" they are able to pop off a few shots and I die with them. My major peeve with this game currently.
proximo642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 proximo642
Member since 2003 • 991 Posts

As Beta's go, this is what we do. We play, complain and hope they fix.

Right now the two most important things for me are:

1. Hit Detection

2. Lag

If Slant Six can get these two things down right, Then we will have a winner. The way I look at it. All other issues can be fixed or updated with patches, but Hit Detection and Lag are serious issues that can continue to ruin a game experience.

I have been playing since day one and yes it was bad. It's improved now, but still bad. I had my first SOCOM Dance last night. I ran around a guy as we both shot each other with full clips and no one died. A third person had to jump in and take me out of my mysery. LOL

Let's hope for the best. I sure want SOCOM to be good. Trust me. I am with the Sea Snipers and even if I am retired now. lol

Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nerkle01
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts

Socom is awesome when you get into a game with no lag. I will definitely be buying it, oh and if you are complaining NOW after the first patch you should've been there a week ago. Freaking 30 minute load times sometimes for me last week (And I'm not even joking)Duckman5

That was soo annoying. But once you got started playing it compensated for the long load times.

nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts
Of course it will be worth buying,what kinda question is that, and of course most of the bugs will be taken out. Its a beta man, there is no way its going to be perfect, especially with a new developer at the wheel. The game itself is awesome, i only had two games so far with bad lag and ive only ran into a bit of lag here and there. It seems that the load times have been cut down by more than half for me. When i first got the beta load times were min 7-12 mins, now they are about 2-3mins.
ISSIRator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ISSIRator
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Trust me. I am with the Sea Snipers and even if I am retired now. lol proximo642
Sorry but this member "proximo642" is NOT and has NEVER BEEN a Sea Sniper. Please do not consider him as such. Thank you. Best, [SS]Rator Sea Snipers Admiral/Leader seasnipers.net
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
dont bring up old topics.
ISSIRator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ISSIRator
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
It had just come to our attention that this was here and in other boards. We are making sure everyone knows that this person is not affiliated with us in any way.