so what do you think of destiny?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pharoahogc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pharoahogc1
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts

When I first started the alpha, I thought it was a little over rated. but the more and more I played it the more I enjoyed. and now I love it I will buy it for sure day 1. What do you guys think about it?

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

crap

plays like borderlands and looks like crap

these graphics are unacceptable in the year 2014

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

pretty boring so far. very grindy. the non existent anti aliasing hurts my eyes

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

have been having a lot of fun with it. i think it will be a coop dream land honestly.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

It just looks boring and repetitive to me. I think it wouldn't be much fun to play alone since it's co-op focused, and I don't really care for co-op. I'm sure it will be a very successful game, at least in terms of sales. But I don't really have any desire to play it.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

I gave it a try--it's not my type of game. Way too boring for me.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

I took notes as I played my Alpha. Here's how I viewed it. Keep in mind I didn't do much co-op campaign stuff because I'm pretty antisocial.

——————-

- Trying Destiny (Alpha) for PS4. I want to say it's almost Borderlands meets Halo?

- Destiny kind of tries to be like Halo, but also tries to be like Borderlands. It's OK, but never really captures exactly what those two games were. It isn't necessarily a bad game, and I'm sure that I could have fun with it. It definitely feels like Halo control wise.

- Just found Destiny multiplayer conquest/death matches. Now this redeems my faith in the game. What makes it awesome is that at any time anyone can summon speeder bikes. Imagine a Halo death match where people are zipping around on bikes they can materialize out of thin air at any time. At first I was so-so on the game, but now I am inching toward it. Still, their single-player/Borderlandsish multiplayer campaign leaves me wanting a little more.

- I still like Halo better I think, but I had fun in multiplayer. Single player kind of makes me want to play Borderlands. It's not amazingly special, but can prove to be a decent enough time waster. I think it could probably get better. It seems like baby Halo with bikes. That said, if someone is looking for a Halo multiplayer experience on PS4, this will be the closest one will get. It may get interesting with people for multiplayer campaign, although that's not a huge thing with me. The campaignish thing is like, "Get to this point, kill this super strong dude with a shield surrounded by smaller dudes protecting him. You win. Repeat." Maybe it will flesh out. The conquest death matches could probably get a lot better with better maps. I honestly can't tell a huge difference in the graphics from a 360 Halo game. Not a huge concern to me at all. This is all Alpha still. I might eventually get it just to get a Halo ish experience because I don't want to have to buy a One just for Halo. All in all, I see it has potential. Might be more hype but it gets some sort of job done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6f5bd6cc396
deactivated-5c6f5bd6cc396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5c6f5bd6cc396
Member since 2014 • 43 Posts

I was playing the alpha stuff on my PS4, and I loved it. There was not much to do because it was alpha, but the Strike was really fun and the coop is awesome. And the graphics were pretty good in my opinion.... They have a different style than like Ubisoft. The maps have really cool decrepit buildings.

greedy_fly_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 greedy_fly_x
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I'm just getting into the Alpha, but so far I've been enjoying myself. I love the setting / world so far. The graphics are good, co-op has been fun. Still haven't got into the competitive side of things.

I'm not really impressed with Peter Dinklage as your robot thing...not really doing it for me.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#10 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I am going to get it

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Plays like MMO halo. There's really not much different from what I remember of Halo 3, then add creatures/robots that have silly amounts of health points so they take some effort to kill. Get ready to shoot crate fulls of bullets into bosses! Some of the weapons are very similar to Halo. It's not really a bad thing though, Halo has always had great shooting mechanics and some cool weapons. The AI is really quite clever, they flank well and seem to be somewhat unpredictable.

I think if there's one bad thing about the game it's the freakin' auto-aim. Seriously can we just stop with the auto-aim or at least turn it down a few notches?

CARNAGES41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CARNAGES41
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts

it's great

Can get boring by yourself, mainly because you never find anything, but that might be an Alpha thing

But co-op is a lot of fun

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

Any game where co op is the main focus and the single player is tacked on is a game I dint want. I never had interest in halo and from what I have read and seen this game doesn't impress me. I am glad you guys have given Impressions. I am surprised Sony is so high on this game.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Damn it. I didn't even know what Alpha was until just now. I would have totally been in on that.

From the gameplay videos though the multiplayer looks amazing. I'm really excited for this game. I like Bungie a lot.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

i think its just another classic case of a game being overhyped. it happened with watchdogs and now this. the graphics don't look like anything that couldn't be done on current gen and the gameplay doesn't look like anything special. i just can't really get that excited for shooters anymore after a whole gen of them. and i still don't know if you can play third person or not lol, if anything I'll get it just because there isn't much else that interests me atm, next gen is going pretty slow.

Avatar image for irishstanddown_
IrishStandDown_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IrishStandDown_

I love it. I think I had the most fun when me and my friends are in a fire team doing the dungeon and crucible. Earlier posts said bad graphics, but I like the graphics. If there is any lack of graphics then it is probably to keep the draw distance and the memory of all the open world environments the full game will have.

But haters will be haters. Some can't help it either. http://99u.com/articles/27881/born-hatin-why-some-people-dislike-everything

jaenjaes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jaenjaes
Member since 2014 • 30 Posts

It's a visually appealing game on PS4, to me at least. Yet overall it gives me a Resistance: Fall of Man vibe when it comes to the action & gun play. I'm positive I would enjoy it further if I wasn't just mindlessly playing independent though. All-in-all, the FPS genre is getting kind of stale as of late in my honest opinion.

SSJGCaleb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SSJGCaleb

I love it, it definitely convinced me for a day 1 purchase. I really dont like FPS games that much and definitely had a blast with the alpha. Only complaint is the auto aim, its too good

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

I'm passing on it. Doesn't fit the type of games I like to play. If it ever comes to PS+ I might play it just to see but I have no interest in it.

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts

I had fun with it, but I can see the multiplayer being a bit uneven. There will undoubtedly be someone in a game that's a much higher level that has found better gear and weapons and will have a significant advantage. Couple that with the fact that you can't pick up any dropped weapons, and I could see people complaining about that.

SSJGCaleb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SSJGCaleb

@cell_dweller: I'm pretty sure multiplayer has different damage settings for weapons. My 36 damage seemed to do the exact same damage as my 65 damage shotgun in the crucible.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts

I went in expecting it to be exactly like borderlands, and that's the impression I got from it. I think it's pretty fun

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I was in the alpha...I played it twice and never turned it back on. I don't care for it.

It's Halo looks meets Borderlands, just like the videos and how I imagined. It also is MMOish. Eh.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm not getting it because its not my type of game.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i pre-ordered it and so far it seems to fit my expectations, the shared gameplay seems to be my alley, i loved borderlands and am into playing decent fps titles...