So...? Uncharted 4 is going to kick Bloodborne off as the best exclusive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

10/10 Surprised even me as one that thought this is going to be a magnificent game, what do you think? you've got that excitement as me? anyone doesn't impressed by all the hype? i'm dying to play this game!

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

As someone who still enjoys the original Uncharted the most I have high hopes for the forth and presumably final game in the series. I won't be able to play the game on its release date but few weeks later however I really look forward to see how the story unfolds. As for the Gamespot score, they don't usually give away 10's so someone was definitely very impressed with Naughty Dog's work.

Lets see what they will come up few years from now. Hopefully Last of Us 2 isn't forgotten. :)

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nirogol

@Sokol4ever said:

Lets see what they will come up few years from now. Hopefully Last of Us 2 isn't forgotten. :)

I think Naughty Dog is the best developer of our days, it's a time we must appreciate becuase we don't know if it will come back, The Last Of Us is a legendary title and it looks like Uncharted 4 will also be.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

Based on my experience with Uncharted 2, I have no hype or interest in the franchise. It's a series that does the exact opposite of what I've come to believe is good game design. So to me, the franchise is a collection of bad design choices. It's a what-not-to-do for developers.

I have no doubt that Bloodborne will be far more worthy of praise in my eyes. That game is exceptional.

That 10/10 score really lost a lot of it's meaning from Gamepsot. They've handed out 5 within 2 years.

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

Based on my experience with Uncharted 2, I have no hype or interest in the franchise. It's a series that does the exact opposite of what I've come to believe is good game design. So to me, the franchise is a collection of bad design choices. It's a what-not-to-do for developers.

I have no doubt that Bloodborne will be far more worthy of praise in my eyes. That game is exceptional.

That 10/10 score really lost a lot of it's meaning from Gamepsot. They've handed out 5 within 2 years.

"It's a what-not-to-do for developers" If you think that about Uncharted 2 i wonder what do you think about games like Assassins Creed or Mirrors Edge, they are just piles of shit anointed all over the walls.

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Oi_Oi_Spanky
Member since 2015 • 301 Posts

Only in a number. People are going to be playing Bloodborne in ten years from now. That's the test of a true game and not some cinematic, in your face shit.

EffectiveSuper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EffectiveSuper
Member since 2016 • 104 Posts

Naughty Dog is great, and the visuals for Uncharted for look brilliant

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nirogol

@Pikminmaniac said:

You are too decisive, let's wait and see...you might be surprised eventually.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#9 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

It will definitely take over Bloodborne for me, as I never ended up finishing it because I got bored after like a month. Uncharted games I always greatly enjoy the full way through. I am not surprised at all with the superb reviews, as it's pretty much expected now with Naughty Dog games.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I take UC ove Bloodborne 10 times out of 10, I don't like RPGs, I even rented Bloodborne hoping that such a praised game would drive me into that genre and no, it didn't work, played it for a couple of hours and put it away.

Ryan78134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Ryan78134
Member since 2014 • 218 Posts

I think it's subjective as to what the best console exclusive is. Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 are completely different types of games.. so a direct comparison isn't possible. Personally, the best console exclusive for myself is Ratchet & Clank.

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Oi_Oi_Spanky

@trav_have: Meh, enjoy a bigger challenge when you start your NG+ in Uncharted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I'm not a fan of Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 is the main reason that I bought a PS4, so Uncharted 4 is definitely going to hold the title of best PS4 exclusive for me.

Lilseb93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lilseb93
Member since 2015 • 392 Posts

It's all subjective, but I think Uncharted 4 will probably be considered the best exclusive to more people. Bloodborne has a harder, more hardcore gameplay that doesn't appeal to as many people as a 3rd person shooter, action game.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I think U4 is even bigger than bloodborne and its made by ND so you can't go wrong.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17700 Posts

@Pikminmaniac: I wonder what it was about TLoU that made it so palatable for you. if I recall correctly, you posted a ways back you liked it.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pikminmaniac

@MirkoS77 said:

@Pikminmaniac: I wonder what it was about TLoU that made it so palatable for you. if I recall correctly, you posted a ways back you liked it.

Yeah, I liked the last of us because the game was more open and the combat encounters gave you a lot of freedom of choice. Those situations were incredibly dynamic and tense. It felt like no other game handled encounters quite in the way that The Last of Us did. There was a gritty realness about it.

Also the Clickers were a brilliant horror enemy. Forcing the player to slow down and mind there surroundings because any wrong move could kill you in an instant. Super intense and nerve racking.

I think that the fact that the story actually fit with the gameplay helped as well. Everything was seamless. In Uncharted, the story is Indiana Jones, but the gameplay is Rambo.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18  Edited By Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

@Pikminmaniac: I loved The Last of Us as well and for many reasons I ended up owning both PS3 and PS4 version. It was such a fantastic late PS3 cycle title. Now, as far as I know Neil Druckman (The Last of Us) has many similarities with the Uncharted 4, from story perspective to more choices and open gameplay encounters. It might not reach the TLOU's greatness but it should share a good portion of what made Last of Us in some aspects.

Afterall, same producers worked on it and there is a good amount of influence from Amy Hemming in the story department which I am very much looking forward to since her excellent work with Nathan, Sully and Elena with original game.

I would at least give Uncharted 4 a try, you never know, it might surprise you. :)

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pikminmaniac

@Sokol4ever: I'll probably only try it if someone is willing to lend it to me and really want me to play it. That's how I ended up playing TLOU. I don't go out of my way to play story driven, cinematic games.

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Oi_Oi_Spanky

One play through and it's over. It's not like you get the change to make a new and improved, ball out, hyper version of Nathan Drake the 5th time you wake up on the table.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17700 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Yeah, I liked the last of us because the game was more open and the combat encounters gave you a lot of freedom of choice. Those situations were incredibly dynamic and tense. It felt like no other game handled encounters quite in the way that The Last of Us did. There was a gritty realness about it.

Also the Clickers were a brilliant horror enemy. Forcing the player to slow down and mind there surroundings because any wrong move could kill you in an instant. Super intense and nerve racking.

I think that the fact that the story actually fit with the gameplay helped as well. Everything was seamless. In Uncharted, the story is Indiana Jones, but the gameplay is Rambo.

TLoU definitely has some of the most visceral and brutal fights I've ever played. It's why I've played through it around 10 times now, as every encounter can evolve differently. Much of this was due to the UI design....being able to select different weapons at the touch of the d-pad really introduced great efficiency for changing tactics on the fly. It was a pleasure to play, even at the most heart pounding of moments, the AI also wasn't too bad, and they nailed the feeling of desperation and struggle to simply survive and barely push through to exhilarating results.

From what I'm hearing, Uncharted 4 is a lot more grounded in realism than its predecessors, gunfights have been lessened (the first third of the game doesn't have any, apparently), with better platforming (another thing I recall you not liking) with a grappling hook. It also holds a tone similar to TLoU with Druckman heading the writing, though it being Uncharted they can't stray too far from the formula so if you didn't enjoy the previous games, I suspect this probably won't change your mind. TLoU was a radical departure. While I can understand people wanting to leave TLoU alone, I just want more of that particular formula. It was too good to be a one and done.