So I played Dissidia yesterday..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts
I thought the game was amazing, and I played it with my friend as well because he has 2 psp's, but the only problem I had with what I played was that it was in Japanese, and it tends to get pretty hard at times, and the Japanese part didn't help that either. :P
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts
I thought the game was amazing, and I played it with my friend as well because he has 2 psp's, but the only problem I had with what I played was that it was in Japanese, and it tends to get pretty hard at times, and the Japanese part didn't help that either. :PWiiMan21
Well, if it was your copy I wouldve told you to keep at it but w/e. Me and 4 of my friends dont know a lick of Japanese and have already beat each character scenerio, maxed out maybe 12-17 out of 24 characters levels and got the best equips for each chaacter in a matter of maybe 2 weeks. Very addicting game, Id give it a 6.5 out of 10 though. Besides VS and the highly repetitive story mode, there isnt really all that much to do...
Avatar image for killertrumpet92
killertrumpet92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killertrumpet92
Member since 2007 • 440 Posts
This game looks awsome but what I want to know is if its worth importing (don't know any ***.) or should I wait for it to come out in the U.S.?
Spider-Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Spider-Jim
Member since 2006 • 335 Posts

[QUOTE="WiiMan21"]I thought the game was amazing, and I played it with my friend as well because he has 2 psp's, but the only problem I had with what I played was that it was in Japanese, and it tends to get pretty hard at times, and the Japanese part didn't help that either. :P-Oath
Well, if it was your copy I wouldve told you to keep at it but w/e. Me and 4 of my friends dont know a lick of Japanese and have already beat each character scenerio, maxed out maybe 12-17 out of 24 characters levels and got the best equips for each chaacter in a matter of maybe 2 weeks. Very addicting game, Id give it a 6.5 out of 10 though. Besides VS and the highly repetitive story mode, there isnt really all that much to do...

I imagine the story mode would be highly repetitive if you can't understand Japanese.

XxCLOUD_STRIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XxCLOUD_STRIFE
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
in the *** version can you change the language to English?
-_Cloud_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 -_Cloud_-
Member since 2005 • 1851 Posts
in the *** version can you change the language to English?XxCLOUD_STRIFE
No, sorry for the disappointment. I have the game myself, and it's horrible if you don't know whats going on. Yeah sure, you could fight etc, but not knowing what's going on really kills the game, trust me. But if you know how to read Japanese, by all means, get it.
blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#7 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts
wish I knew japanese...
Ameotoko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ameotoko
Member since 2007 • 206 Posts
I have no idea what they're saying either, so I make up my own dialogue. Just seeing their interactions makes me laugh for some reason.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts
It's a cool game in terms of gameplay and fighting, but not being able to follow the story and fully read the customize options is a pain. I know there's a lot of stuff I'm missing out on in terms of customizing, setting attacks, etc., but I slowly figured it out I think. Still a fun game to play and I'll probably give the English version a looksie when it comes out.
djzer0101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 djzer0101
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
Wait it's out......?
jhuuueee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 jhuuueee
Member since 2006 • 338 Posts
This is the end of the PSP. ..
demonsportable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 demonsportable
im new you know what i think if they don't do something about making alot of nice new games psp will die.but stil alot here in philippines tends to buy psp..bcause its a good hand held the problem is the games are little..games takes time to come out and one by one
demonsportable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 demonsportable
im new you know what i think if they don't do something about making alot of nice new games psp will die.but stil alot here in philippines tends to buy psp..bcause its a good hand held the problem is the games are little..games takes time to come out and one by one
especensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 especensor
Member since 2006 • 3180 Posts
I've played it (on a friends), but thought it just OK. Its not a bad game, but I just didn't find it THAT good. Maybe I just didn't really know the controls properly, I'll still get it for the US release. But I doubt it'll be anything amazing. Doesn't seem to have that hardcore appeal a game like street fighter or kof brings with it. Nor is the gameplay as accessible as smash bros. The combat is pretty unique I'll give it that. Anyhow, I can't really make a judgement until I properly play it, but my expectations aren't unreasonably sky high.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#15 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
There's lots of guides to help those who can't read Japanese to play this game normally.
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#16 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts
Luckly you playing Dissidia if I knew Japanese more I would have imported it, but I'll wait for the English version.
Lobo_das_Neves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lobo_das_Neves
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts
I have it, it`s a good game, only people that love FF will enjoy it, though
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
Yup, played it with my buddys... it's epic!