So i just got the SFIV te figtstick... anyone here pro?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

markstadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 markstadude
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Im having a trouble pulling off a super if im facing to the right... and it seems like i have no problem pulling it off in trial mode. However in a real game i cant even pull it off online on either side... Ive had it for 2 days and played prolly 30+ games online (about 2 matches won) and spent at least 3 hrs on trial mode practicing movse but i still cant get it down. Should i be playing against computer instead of challenge mode or what. Thx for anyon that can help really appreciat it.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Haha, it's like that when you first get a fighting stick. I don't play Street Fighter IV, but I'm assuming it's a double-quarter circle towards the opponent with a button at the end? At least in BlazBlue, I had trouble doing those specific button commands from the left side facing right, but had no problems pulling them off from the right facing left. If so, then it's all about just continuously playing until it comes naturally. It took me over a week to get used to the fighting sticks I got for BlazBlue, but once you get over the initial hump, it's quite an advantageous factor to your gaming. Once you get used to how much pressure you need to apply for movement and other commands, you'll start understanding just what you need to do to pull off those more-complex moves. Generally, try being gentler with it, using only subtle movements in the joystick.
AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts
i picked up an arcade stick myself the other day so im still learning myself, i have absolutely no problem with ultras but for some reason like you say the supers seem to be slightly harder to hit correctly. i know its all down to to my timing at the moment as i can do super every time if i double tap a punch button after 2 qtr circle presses. for the time being id try to over exaggerate the stick movements making sure that you hit the diagonal down everytime as i find thats the input i miss most of the time.
Avatar image for TheGreaterForce
TheGreaterForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheGreaterForce
Member since 2002 • 386 Posts

Hey man what's up. Some people may consider me "pro" but i say "eh" lol. Anyways the problem ur having is very common! Most people have trouble doing fireball motions on the 1p side. The only way to fix it is to constantly train your wrist to get comfortable with the motions.

One thing that I recommend is to go to training mode and do 15 fireballs, 15 tiger uppercuts, 5 supers, 5 ultras on each side in a row. And if you make a mistake during it, start the count over from scratch. Its a lot of work but it'll work :).

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

There is no fireballs in Street Fighter IV, only hadoukens. :P

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

Go to training mode and set the revenge and super gauge to infinite. Then set input display on. Practice the moves making sure you dont do any extra direction inputs. After you think you have it down try arcade mode on medium and then hardest. Pulling off moves under pressure is different that doing them in training mode. But training mode helps you learn how to do it.

freekninjinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freekninjinc
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts
One suggestion I have is focus on the down and forward motions,like commit to them-down,roll to forward-in your head.Making sure You get the down,lets your mind/hand relax while You roll to forward,and as You do wait til You really feel its forward to do the second or start Your next strategy in Your head.It seems obvious,but I find my mind drifts thinking of it as a quarter-circle.Also remember there is an upper limit to how fast You can physically pull it off,and the cpu does'nt necessarily have that so much,so if You try to pull it off when You really wont have enough time,You'll have to be alot more lucky lol!Sidenote:the TE feels like piece of a cabinet for reals I like it.