So I asked for my PS3 today, chirstmas list.. What ya think? recomendations..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

User Lists: 0

#1 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts

So I have a 360, but I wanted a PS3 for about this whole year.. The 360 is junk imo, games are all the same, no origanality.. and the hardware is old and crap. Part of the reason I still play my PS2 slim.

I asked for a PS3 Slim with MGS4, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 2.

How does that sound? Any suggestions?

Avatar image for MagicalMafiaMan
MagicalMafiaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MagicalMafiaMan
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts
Sounds great, also try to go for LittleBigPlanet, for some family fun:)
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
you may find this thread usefull :) btw: sorry but I have no play those :oops: so I can not say as suggestion.. get Dead Space at some point is AMAZING imo.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

So I have a 360, but I wanted a PS3 for about this whole year.. The 360 is junk imo, games are all the same, no origanality.. and the hardware is old and crap. Part of the reason I still play my PS2 slim.

I asked for a PS3 Slim with MGS4, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 2.

How does that sound? Any suggestions?

BLBxLakers24
good choices. you may want to also get the first uncharted. but yea thats about as good a list as any. Depending on what you like though you might want to put a little variaty in that list. Maybe instead of KZ2 get LBP,Valkaria Cronicals or something like that.
Manticore7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Manticore7
Member since 2009 • 864 Posts

Great choices but you need Demons Souls and Little Big Planet, the youll have the best collection of PS3 games and theyll last you a while

get-ka12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 get-ka12
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts
Good choices asking for games, except you might want to play Uncharted 1 before you play Uncharted 2, the game is great, I would probably rent it though instead of buying, it is kind of a short game. If you like MGS games, then yes, MGS4 is a good choice. Try renting it first though, some people really don't care for it, it's one of those games you either love or you hate. And fantastic choice on asking for Killzone 2, my personal favorite FPS, very good. Some other games that I have played that I personally love are GTA 4, Orange Box (with Half-Life 2 and Portal etc), and I love love LOVE Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2. If you have to choose between Sigma one or two, go with one, since the game will be easier to get into if you haven't played it before. Ninja Gaiden Sigma is amazing, period. As far as RPGs go, there honestly isn't much until FF 13 is released, so there is nothing I can tell you. Good luck deciding.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Throw Valkyria Chronicles into your list of games, and you'll be set for a while. ;)
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

Great choices there. For RPGs, the best one out for PS3 right now is Valkyria Chronicles in case you wanted to know. Also, if you need more information, you can go to my Official PS3 FAQ Thread which is linked in my sig below and in Duxup's stickied "Read before Posting" thread on the PS3 board. Enjoy your PS3 come Christmas! :)

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BLBxLakers24

Good choices asking for games, except you might want to play Uncharted 1 before you play Uncharted 2, the game is great, I would probably rent it though instead of buying, it is kind of a short game. If you like MGS games, then yes, MGS4 is a good choice. Try renting it first though, some people really don't care for it, it's one of those games you either love or you hate. And fantastic choice on asking for Killzone 2, my personal favorite FPS, very good. Some other games that I have played that I personally love are GTA 4, Orange Box (with Half-Life 2 and Portal etc), and I love love LOVE Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2. If you have to choose between Sigma one or two, go with one, since the game will be easier to get into if you haven't played it before. Ninja Gaiden Sigma is amazing, period. As far as RPGs go, there honestly isn't much until FF 13 is released, so there is nothing I can tell you. Good luck deciding.get-ka12
Was thinking about Sigma.. But my thing with Sigma 1 and Uncharted 1 is that I will have more money besides what my mom gives me so there wouldnt be a point of asking for a cheap game you know what I mean? I can buy those on my own..

Yes I like MGS... Got GTA4 for 360, and already played the hell out of Orange Box and Team Fortress 2 on my 360.. Can not wait for FF13.

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

you may find this thread usefull :) btw: sorry but I have no play those :oops: so I can not say as suggestion.. get Dead Space at some point is AMAZING imo.chang_1910

Darth_Snutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Darth_Snutch
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
lol don't get Haze unless it's like $8 or something. So many good exclusives, i'd say get Little Big Planet, inFamous, ratchet and clank and warhawk. A couple greatest hits and a couple newer games that'll keep you busy for a while.
kairikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 kairikh
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts

Thats an ownage list, i love my PS3 more than my 360 and my Wii so i recommend it for sure, and having already played MGS4 and KZ2 i can recommend those two for sure :D and Uncharted 2 is gonna be great with all its awesome online play :D the betas great!

Seriously smart to ask for a PS3 you will love it for sure!

One correction tho when you get your PS3 if ur into racing Games i recommend Burnout Paradise and just for fun games like Little Big Planet which basically make the PS3 what it is today :D

ckuwiy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ckuwiy2
Member since 2009 • 123 Posts
the new ps3s r ugly get old
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
Get Ratchet and clank:Future a crack in time,trust me..you'll LOVE IT! KZ2 online is kinda dead i hear,so get Resistance 2 instead.Uncharted 2 and MGS4 are solid choices. If you love RPG's,get Demons soul
jPriestRhalf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jPriestRhalf1
Member since 2009 • 40 Posts

if you want the game that will suprise everyone this holiday season it has to be BRUTAL LEGEND. I played the demo this weekend, and it had me laughing the whole time. Tim Schafer is a genius, his games are always awesome and this will be no different. There are a lot of other choices but number one on my list is BRUTAL LEGEND for sure.

jkhd831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jkhd831
Member since 2009 • 687 Posts

You said you had a PS2 so if you played Ratchet and Clank on that, then deffinetly get Ratchet and Clank: A Crack and Time and Tools of Destruction.

Even if you didn't play the ones on the ps2, get em lol.

Leon_Kennedy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Leon_Kennedy1
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
Read my sig.
MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

cant go wrong with that lineup..o you should add mw2 and nba 2k10 it will be even greater

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts

cant go wrong with that lineup..o you should add mw2 and nba 2k10 it will be even greater

MURDA_B
dont get 2K10 unless you wanna waste one of your 3 games on an annual roster change and gameplay tweek up... i think u should get Uncharted 2, Fallout 3 GoTY, and MW2 for some of the latest and greatest( and possibly longest lasting). You can buy MGS4 for 30 dollars, and Killzone 2 will also dip in price soon im sure....
BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BLBxLakers24

You said you had a PS2 so if you played Ratchet and Clank on that, then deffinetly get Ratchet and Clank: A Crack and Time and Tools of Destruction.

jkhd831

I want to actually start up the Rachet and Clank series... I missed out on a lot of Ps2 games, longgg story

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BLBxLakers24

[QUOTE="MURDA_B"]

yarou1000

dont get 2K10 unless you wanna waste one of your 3 games on an annual roster change and gameplay tweek up... i think u should get Uncharted 2, Fallout 3 GoTY, and MW2 for some of the latest and greatest( and possibly longest lasting). You can buy MGS4 for 30 dollars, and Killzone 2 will also dip in price soon im sure....

Will be picking up MW2 on 360 since I have that already and want have a PS3 till Xmas.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

[QUOTE="yarou1000"][QUOTE="MURDA_B"]

BLBxLakers24

Will be picking up MW2 on 360 since I have that already and want have a PS3 till Xmas.

oh yea forgot about that sry, but if u are saying that u can buy cheap games yourself than take MGS4 off your list because its a greatest hit game and can be found everywhere for 30 dollars, pick a somewhat newer game....
jkhd831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jkhd831
Member since 2009 • 687 Posts

[QUOTE="jkhd831"]

BLBxLakers24

I want to actually start up the Rachet and Clank series... I missed out on a lot of Ps2 games, longgg story

K awesome, it's one of my favorite series. You won't be dissapointed.

And before playing ACIT I pick up R&C Up Your Arsenal on ps2 just to get a background on the villain.

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BLBxLakers24

[QUOTE="BLBxLakers24"]

[QUOTE="yarou1000"] dont get 2K10 unless you wanna waste one of your 3 games on an annual roster change and gameplay tweek up... i think u should get Uncharted 2, Fallout 3 GoTY, and MW2 for some of the latest and greatest( and possibly longest lasting). You can buy MGS4 for 30 dollars, and Killzone 2 will also dip in price soon im sure....yarou1000

oh yea forgot about that sry, but if u are saying that u can buy cheap games yourself than take MGS4 off your list because its a greatest hit game and can be found everywhere for 30 dollars, pick a somewhat newer game....

Im not sure on what to put on my list.. Tekken 6 possibly.. Whats coming out in between now and then, there Is a lot thats for sure.

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BLBxLakers24

[QUOTE="BLBxLakers24"]

[QUOTE="jkhd831"]

jkhd831

K awesome, it's one of my favorite series. You won't be dissapointed.

And before playing ACIT I pick up R&C Up Your Arsenal on ps2 just to get a background on the villain.

Actually wanted to pick up Up Your Aresenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

[QUOTE="yarou1000"][QUOTE="BLBxLakers24"] Will be picking up MW2 on 360 since I have that already and want have a PS3 till Xmas.

BLBxLakers24

Im not sure on what to put on my list.. Tekken 6 possibly.. Whats coming out in between now and then, there Is a lot thats for sure.

There is brutal legend( demo was hilarious, and fun), God of War Collection, Demons Souls, Assassin's Creed 2.... just go to the PS3 section on Gamespot and look under the new releases...
ckuwiy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ckuwiy2
Member since 2009 • 123 Posts

also get army of 2 the 40th day if u havent played ao2 its a shooter bout 2 soldirs who go free lance for mony but it think it more o stratigy than shooter cuz of agro

KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

Seems like everone took my ideas...

Oh well. Here's my list...

(obviously you're not gonna get all of these, so take your pick)

Uncharted 1

little Big Planet

Resistance series (havent played it but i hear its really fun)

Killzone 2 (again, havent played but i hear its fun)

Ratchet and Clank series

Assassin's Creed 2

ANd for some cheaper games:

Battlefield: Bad Company (great multiplayer)

Warhawk (pretty fun online-only third person shooter)

Battlefield 1943 (its a download only game)

Mirror's Edge

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Stats_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Stats_
Member since 2009 • 2352 Posts

Just get Disgaea 3 and all your sins will be cleansed.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#30 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

Great choices but you need Demons Souls and Little Big Planet, the youll have the best collection of PS3 games and theyll last you a while

Manticore7
LBP is not for everyone, I found the game really...simple