Sniper: Ghost Warrior (why no review?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShangTsung17
Member since 2011 • 839 Posts

just wondering why a game this awesome didn't get reviewed.. graphics are awesome, sound is some of the best i've heard, story is epic, and the campaign didn't get crippled by mp.. simply put- ITS BAD ***!!! if you're like me and fed up with every fps game being only about mp i highly recomend this one! so why didn't gamespot give a review on it? hell it didn't even get a freaking rating..

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

They did. If the reviews this game has been getting are any indication, the PS3 version wouldn't have been any different than the PC/360 review.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

except it has mp, so maybe you should take a note of that. Regardless, this game has looked interesting since most fps games are fast paced, this looks like a good change of pace.

Edit: is it anything like the Operation Flashpoint games on the PS3? I'm just asking because they too look rather interesting.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
From the review i read it was too linear and the enemy could spot you 1000ft away and could hit you with their Ak's as if they were snipers.
ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShangTsung17

except it has mp, so maybe you should take a note of that. Regardless, this game has looked interesting since most fps games are fast paced, this looks like a good change of pace.

Edit: is it anything like the Operation Flashpoint games on the PS3? I'm just asking because they too look rather interesting.

blueboxdoctor

sure it has mp bro, you're not gonna find a fps game anymore that doesn't but its simply a second option.. in other words the actual campaign is the main focus which is why its not lacking in anything, a friend of mine recomended it after he bought it by impulse at wal mart, he's all into mp so he wasn't too impressed but he knows i'm all about campaign, bought it yesterday and i gotta admit i been addicted ever since, its one of those games thats hard to quit playin once u start.. any idea why it didn't get a proper review or rating?

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShangTsung17

From the review i read it was too linear and the enemy could spot you 1000ft away and could hit you with their Ak's as if they were snipers.Kurushio
where is this review??? cause i can't find it on this site..

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]From the review i read it was too linear and the enemy could spot you 1000ft away and could hit you with their Ak's as if they were snipers.ShangTsung17

Theres reviews for the 360 and PC. Knowing this site, the 360 one would be identical to the PS3 one.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ShangTsung17

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

[QUOTE="Kurushio"]From the review i read it was too linear and the enemy could spot you 1000ft away and could hit you with their Ak's as if they were snipers.Legendaryscmt

Theres reviews for the 360 and PC. Knowing this site, the 360 one would be identical to the PS3 one.

oh... there's just a 360 review.. k thanks..

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
I think i only read the review from Ign on it at the time.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Well nothing about the game is top notch but a very good game yes. I like the way the difficulty level completely changes the gameplay to help or handicap during the story mode.
ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShangTsung17

i liked the challange it gives you, when playing this game u can't just expect to run, hide, pop shot, hide again, ect, and win like most fps games.. no, on this one u actually have to plan a well devoloped stratagy, the game is called *sniper* for a reason, you're not john rambo.. and another feature i loved was the realism, unlike most games where u can take quite a bit of punishment, on this one its realistic to the point that if u get shot u pretty much die, hit or two and you're down, imo all fps games should be this way..

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

i liked the challange it gives you, when playing this game u can't just expect to run, hide, pop shot, hide again, ect, and win like most fps games.. no, on this one u actually have to plan a well devoloped stratagy, the game is called *sniper* for a reason, you're not john rambo.. and another feature i loved was the realism, unlike most games where u can take quite a bit of punishment, on this one its realistic to the point that if u get shot u pretty much die, hit or two and you're down, imo all fps games should be this way..

ShangTsung17

I completely agree that more games should offer realism like this. Saadly, to get it you often have to play on hard mode, which isn't always overly hard. I'd also suggest the Operation Flashpoint games. I've yet to play them but I was talking to a few people and they from what they were saying it seems to be similar in realism to Ghost Warrior.

gabs1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gabs1234
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Sniper: Ghost Warrior is a fantastic game. Im a stealth/shooter fan and have played most of the big stealthy games, but this one by City Interactive (which made some truly God awful games) really suprised me. I think with the ps3 edition, apart from getting some extra campaign missions, they tweaked the AI in the game as to adress the 10000000 meter detection that the Xbox/PC versions had. And I am sure there are some differences in the levels between the versions, as they took out some from the PS3 which were present in the 360/PC, which were the missions where you play as a solider (running and gunning) as opposed to the main character sniper.

Overall , great game.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Both off and on topic: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is probably the most "realistic" tactical military game you'll find on a console. Operation Flshpoint: Red River however is much more linear than DR. DR gave you the freedom to pretty much tackle a mission anyway you pleased, less time constraints for several objectives. If you're looking for freedom and "realism" I'd definitely recommend picking up Dragon Rising.

JazzDog10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JazzDog10
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I need people to help me get online trophies 'boosting' . Add me and add a message saying Sniper Ghost Warrior Jazzdog10 .........Please