Should Sony retire the Playstation Move System Bundle?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

It's been over a year and they are still selling it with Sports Champions. The game can now be had for $10-$20 depending on where you go and Sony is still selling the system for $400. I haven't played my Move in about a year. I know there are still people enjoying it though so I wanted to see what your thoughts are?

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
They are treating it as an addition to the PS3, not a necessity so they only provide Move Support for games because it's easy and cheap to implement and gives people an optional way to play unlike MS who capitalizing on motion control as a main feature to bring in some more $$$. I don't see why they should retire it when it's not like they are losing money from it or turning away customers.
ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ScreamDream

They are treating it as an addition to the PS3, not a necessity so they only provide Move Support for games because it's easy and cheap to implement and gives people an optional way to play unlike MS who capitalizing on motion control as a main feature to bring in some more $$$. I don't see why they should retire it when it's not like they are losing money from it or turning away customers.JohnF111

True, it is an added choice but I don't feel there's much excitement about Sports Champions. Shouldn't they change the game or add another one? Or create a non-Move bundle? Or is Sports Champions still an adequate bundle?

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Yeah probably a better option to include KZ3 or something that uses it pretty well. There are quite a few games now that use Move so they should have a couple of bundle choices.
ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ScreamDream

Yeah probably a better option to include KZ3 or something that uses it pretty well. There are quite a few games now that use Move so they should have a couple of bundle choices.JohnF111

That's a pretty good idea. It would be even better if they put the Sharpshooter in with it.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I don't see why, even tho I have no interest in it.

If people are using it and enjoying it, then they should keep selling it.

schizo_talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 schizo_talon
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts

They do have other Move Bundle packs out there. The Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 being one of them also Playstation Heroes and EyePet.

EABGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EABGamer
Member since 2011 • 230 Posts

Yeah they should those lolly pop sticks need to move along. The whole motion controls thing thats going on needs to stop.

ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ScreamDream

They do have other Move Bundle packs out there. The Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 being one of them also Playstation Heroes and EyePet.

schizo_talon

I was mentioning a system bundle that comes with a PS3.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]They are treating it as an addition to the PS3, not a necessity so they only provide Move Support for games because it's easy and cheap to implement and gives people an optional way to play unlike MS who capitalizing on motion control as a main feature to bring in some more $$$. I don't see why they should retire it when it's not like they are losing money from it or turning away customers.ScreamDream

True, it is an added choice but I don't feel there's much excitement about Sports Champions. Shouldn't they change the game or add another one? Or create a non-Move bundle? Or is Sports Champions still an adequate bundle?

They offered SOCOM 4 Move bundle, Tiger Woods 12 Move Bundle, and I think I read somewhere Resistance 3 Move bundle. They *ARE* changing the games up on it. At least the bundle you buy just for move as an add-on, not the one that comes with the 320GB system.

They will probably add a new system bundle eventually as well, but Sony in general doesn't do alot of bundles anyway...they have already done a Killzone 3 bundle and a Black Ops bundle alraedy this year. They just haven't done a new 320GB Move System bundle yet...I'm sure another one is coming eventually though...

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Yeah they should those lolly pop sticks need to move along. The whole motion controls thing thats going on needs to stop.

EABGamer

Nah. Motion controls needs to stay for sports games. Especially golf and tennis. Not so much maybe for other sports.

I haven't tried it on a shooter yet because I'm too cheap to get a navigation controller. Eventually I will though. Come to think of it I should grab one this weekend, I've delayed it long enough. :P