Should Kratos Die?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but, what is your opinion?

My personal opinion is yes he should die. Kratos dying would perfectly fit the archetypal Greek tragic hero. Also, the fact that Kratos has no other worldly cares makes a case for killing him off. I believe his should end with him redeeming himself via his long journey and joining his wife and daughter in Elysium.

budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts
NEVER! Such an outrageous question!
shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts
mayb not die, but become something beyond this world perhaps. after he kills zues(if he does) he wont really have purpose to live anymore.
stuartcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stuartcee
Member since 2002 • 12846 Posts
No he shouldnt die.
GEMINIVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GEMINIVice
Member since 2007 • 1139 Posts
No. In fact, HELL NO!!!!!
Dimb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Dimb
Member since 2005 • 1178 Posts
No i believe that he will have to die. But only in a way fitting for someone as the likes of Kratos
HoodCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HoodCheese
Member since 2007 • 553 Posts

READ:

at the end of 300 and gladiator,when both Maximus and Leonidas die (SPARTANS),they both are in a huge field where they see their wife and kid,which i think,is basically showing them going to heaven or w/e,but anyways,It would be cool if like Kratos died in some kind of epic way,and while he was dying,he started to think back to his past,to his wife and kid,and then it could show him walking through a field to his wife and kid. I think if they did it right,it would such an amazing ending,if yall even get what im talking about.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
nope
Smoky_Hill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Smoky_Hill
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts
If its a EPIC death that leaves you like WOW then yes
HoodCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HoodCheese
[QUOTE="HoodCheese"]

READ:

at the end of 300 and gladiator,when both Maximus and Leonidas die (SPARTANS),they both are in a huge field where they see their wife and kid,which i think,is basically showing them going to heaven or w/e,but anyways,It would be cool if like Kratos died in some kind of epic way,and while he was dying,he started to think back to his past,to his wife and kid,and then it could show him walking through a field to his wife and kid. I think if they did it right,it would such an amazing ending,if yall even get what im talking about.

Christopper

I get what you mean, and I think you would cry if that happened wouldn't you?

haha. maybe. ^_^

If they did it right though,like the scene could be fading back from his body to the field where he sees his wife and child,and if they had some really good music to fit it,it would be GREAT. :)

HoodCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HoodCheese

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ybJ0-ojTQCk

that can be the music^^^ :)-

_HAZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _HAZE_
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i think he should they screwed up on psp the creator admitted it and there gonna run out of ideas and also thay have to make the 3 if it is made better then 1 and 2 which is quite hard
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Canvas_Of_Flesh

i think he should they screwed up on psp the creator admitted it and there gonna run out of ideas and also thay have to make the 3 if it is made better then 1 and 2 which is quite hard_HAZE_

Punctuation is your friend.

If they were to keep with the Greek mythology setting he'd probably end up dying in a very unsatisfying way (read: betrayal, slipping in the bathtub, etc). I personally would like to see him go down in flames of glory, but given his unpleasant nature he's not a true hero. He fits in more with the tragic hero archetype which is more in the vein of Heracles who is, indeed, a hero but not a completely likable person.

It's a risk that the devs should certainly consider. It may bug some people, but the fans that truly enjoy the story would recognize that it really could not end, satisfyingly, any other way.

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
what i like about Kratos... that he don't give a damn... he killed every freaken God in greek mythology and going to kill the remaining Gods..
Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

I cant remember where i saw it, but i remember either cory or jaffe saying that God of War 3 will be a take on why and how the Greek gods fell as a belief

HoodCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HoodCheese

God of War director David Jaffe has said that, "God of War explains, or ultimately will explain, why there are no more Greek myths." Though Jaffe and Barlog left Sony for other opportunities, they are still credited for the series and will possibly be involved in this installment. Jaffe, who co-founded his own development studio, Eat Sleep Play has recently expressed interest to be involved in development for God of War III.[4]

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts
I hope he doesn't but it just screams out that he will die. He wants to end his suffering and nightmares and the only way is to die. Also i can't really see him losing his memory and living a normal life. Then he wouldn't be the god of war!
De_Bears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 De_Bears
Member since 2002 • 1593 Posts
I vote yes cause he'll only beat death also. He already did.
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Canvas_Of_Flesh

I vote yes cause he'll only beat death also. He already did.De_Bears

Well if he redeemed himself through his journey and he could go to Elysium and join his family...wouldn't you think he'd go willingly?

venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts
No he shouldnt die.stuartcee
and also become the ruler of olympus and ruler of ALL THINGS.Zues MUSTY FREAKN DIE NOT Kratos.
jobot_5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jobot_5000
Member since 2006 • 829 Posts

READ:

HoodCheese

Maximus was NOT a Spartan. He was a Spaniard. Phail.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
No he shouldn't die rather he should be teleported into the future and fight aliens with his blades lmfao naw jk, but he shouldn't die.
justin315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 justin315
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts
he already died in gow2 and then he was reborn by a god later after going to hell
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

You can kill Kratos all you want...

But he ain't gonna go down easy, and he'll probably cheat death again.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zeforgotten
Member since 2006 • 3918 Posts
Yes, Yes he should. I actually think he should die in God Of War 3. Or else it would just turn into another franchies that gets milked for everything.. and becomes a mediocre game that all the brainwashed fanboys would whine about all day because the 10th freaking game, wich would be 3 hours long, got a 5.5 score
osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts
He dies all the time in GOW, but he's such a badass that he just kills his way out of hell and comes back.
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts
Wouldn't he just crawl back out of hell if he died?
A3trix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 A3trix
Member since 2007 • 434 Posts
BLASPHEMY!!! OUTRAGE!!! and maybe true.... :roll:
Rock99999Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rock99999Fan
Member since 2007 • 707 Posts
He should die sooner or later. How many chicks can you possibly bang without getting aids.
wowguytc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wowguytc
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
I think he should die but be brought back to life after the credits in the third one roll or something. Something to maybe branch off to a new storyline when this one has been concluded. As long as everything stays epic, violent, and a blast to play GOW can not go wrong.
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
HELL NO! Kratos cant die.
lostsoulsofmn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lostsoulsofmn
Member since 2005 • 355 Posts

My personal opinion is yes he should die. Kratos dying would perfectly fit the archetypal Greek tragic hero. Also, the fact that Kratos has no other worldly cares makes a case for killing him off. I believe his should end with him redeeming himself via his long journey and joining his wife and daughter in Elysium.

Canvas_Of_Flesh

i agree. have him kick zues's *** then go be with his wife and daughter. that would be good i think

Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Canvas_Of_Flesh
[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"]

lostsoulsofmn

i agree. have him kick zues's *** then go be with his wife and daughter. that would be good i think

Indeed. After killing off the gods and goddesses, what would be left for him to do except to "Gary Cooper it" off into the sunset?

surreal_blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 surreal_blue
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

A resounding yes! Kratos not only should die, but it would not be a true tragedy otherwise. There are some fan-fictions that have already predicted the ending--

FroMZeRo2HeRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FroMZeRo2HeRO
Member since 2008 • 720 Posts
He already has died before, and he came back from heck. Even if he died again (if he went to heck or heaven) he'd kick ass and come back to life again! Kratos is Badass!! :twisted:
Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts
If they did it properly, then it would be such an amazing ending to such an amazing series.
Altair69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Altair69
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts
im hoping there will be a good end on gow3, but dont let kratos die;o hoping on gow 4 : )
Dead-Prez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dead-Prez
Member since 2008 • 270 Posts

yes he should beacause if it keeps on goin to make more games they will be very borin

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
My Theory: GOW3 will be called the rise of the titans. Kratos will kill the rest of the Gods, because appartently it seems that in GOW games they are making all the GODs the bad guys and the titans the misuderstood good guys. So at the end Kratos will not die but be the person who eradicated all the GODS except himself.... THE GOD OF WAR...muhahahahah
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts
Yes, Yes he should. I actually think he should die in God Of War 3. Or else it would just turn into another franchies that gets milked for everything.. and becomes a mediocre game that all the brainwashed fanboys would whine about all day because the 10th freaking game, wich would be 3 hours long, got a 5.5 scorezeforgotten
THANK YOU!WOW... only thing i hate more than fanboys is neverending sequels. I would hate God of War to turn into a saga. If it would end I would rather it ended at 3 with a kickarse Battle that makes you feel good than a withered and bad 10th game that everyone stopped caring about.
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
HELL NO! Zeus is the one who needs to die!
smellati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 smellati
Member since 2003 • 288 Posts
To be honest, I dont think that even death would be able to stop Kratos.
JOJO_AC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 JOJO_AC
Member since 2008 • 233 Posts
I doubt that the story could end on something as simple as "he dies after killing all the Gods and reunites with his family". Kratos slaughter countless warriors, including women and children in his days of servitude to Ares, if someone like that could go to Elysium after his death then everyone else could. If in Gow3 Kratos finally kills Zeus there could still be more story to tell, like the possible sequel stories that were shown in the extras of the first GoW.
septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
Whether it's God of War 3... or 4, or 5, or even God of War 6, I believe that once the story is complete, and he has accomplished what he's set out to do, then yes, Kratos should die.
Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dante865
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts
To make the ending of the God of War franchise epic, i think Kratos should die in the end of God of War III - It would be AMAZING, just give him some epic death, a really long boss battle followed by a great long cutscene, it would be brilliant
Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#48 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts

Well it would be an ending if he died.

though it would be cooler if Kratos was fighting Zeus then Zeus stabs him and Zeus starts with his victory speech blah blah blah. then he stabs Zeus in the back then Zeus is like "Why TF are you alive?!"

"BECAUSE I AM THE GOD OF WAR!!"

That would be cool