Should I still buy Oblivion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redmetalninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redmetalninja
Member since 2008 • 300 Posts

Im thinking of buying oblivio but is it still worth it? Ive been looking for a real good deap hacknslash fantasy game and oblivion nails it. Should I get the GOTY edition or just buy the regular and buy shivering isles on the store.

But the reason It is holdin gme back is cause of this glitch im hearing that is inevitable and cant be avoided. Upon completeing quests you get to it and I heard it ruins your game. Is it true? What is this glitch? How do I prevent it?

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I say buy the game.The game of the yuear edition is about 50 bucks retail and from alot of the sellers out there.I have never heared of such a glitch.
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
Just buy the GOTY edition because you'll end up paying much more if you want the expansions for it.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
The GOTY version has a glitch in it that prevents you from getting the cure for vampirism. As long as you keep that from happening, or curing it as soon as you are bitten it shouldn't matter but otherwise that character is pretty much stuck as a vampire (which has it's advantages and disadvantages).
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 K1LLR3175
The GOTY version has a glitch in it that prevents you from getting the cure for vampirism. As long as you keep that from happening, or curing it as soon as you are bitten it shouldn't matter but otherwise that character is pretty much stuck as a vampire (which has it's advantages and disadvantages). Silent-Hal
Oh so thats what it is,ok.
redmetalninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 redmetalninja
Member since 2008 • 300 Posts

The GOTY version has a glitch in it that prevents you from getting the cure for vampirism. As long as you keep that from happening, or curing it as soon as you are bitten it shouldn't matter but otherwise that character is pretty much stuck as a vampire (which has it's advantages and disadvantages). Silent-Hal

so all your saying is..dont do the quest? Is it a side quest or part of the main storyline?

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]The GOTY version has a glitch in it that prevents you from getting the cure for vampirism. As long as you keep that from happening, or curing it as soon as you are bitten it shouldn't matter but otherwise that character is pretty much stuck as a vampire (which has it's advantages and disadvantages). redmetalninja

so all your saying is..dont do the quest? Is it a side quest or part of the main storyline?

It doesn't matter if you do the quest or not. If you get bitten by a vampire and don't manage to cure it in time you're pretty much screwed.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 K1LLR3175

[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]The GOTY version has a glitch in it that prevents you from getting the cure for vampirism. As long as you keep that from happening, or curing it as soon as you are bitten it shouldn't matter but otherwise that character is pretty much stuck as a vampire (which has it's advantages and disadvantages). redmetalninja

[spoiler] ..............I believe it is when you do the dark brother hood quest and one of the leaders will ask if you want to be a Vampire,just say no.Or live with being a vamp the rest of the game.Trust me,at first it is so damn cool.But when it comes to doing some of the quest that are in the day time.It sucks so much.
I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts
Buy it, it's still the best RPG in my books. If you want Oblivion + the other 2 expansions for a low price then I suggest the GOTY edition.
berhaneric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 berhaneric
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts
i've bought and played the GOTY edition and ive done the quest to turn you back from being a vampire quest... but i never encountered a glich. :D
FrankenLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 FrankenLife
Member since 2007 • 1088 Posts
It is a phenominal game. Get it and enjoy over 200 hrs of great game play.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 K1LLR3175
I know from experience what you should do.
Buy the regular and rent GOTY for the installs... You can even return the GOTY edition right after you finish installing and rent a different game.mjk_1
That actually is a very good idea.I never thought of that.Cheap,yet effective,
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

I liked it alot. You should try it out.

Great idea on the rental of the GOTYedition too!

neovalkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 neovalkyr
Member since 2003 • 1097 Posts
In order to become a vampire, you need to get attacked by one. When you do you may not necessarily get the disease, but when you do youll notice a message that says you contracted a virus. From that point you have 3 days to cure your disease before you become a vampire. So its pretty easy to avoid becoming one. Also if you do choose to become one you can always save your game in a different slot and test it out.
renofury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 renofury
Member since 2004 • 67 Posts
good game recomend it
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
yea get the GOTY edition
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
I would like to point to the following review:

RPG codex oblivion review

It gives a tohrough summary of all the gameplay elements and odd game design decisions that make up this game and supports all his claim with arguments and quotations from in game events.

Basicly if you are looking for a massive world to explore and hack and slash your way through this might be the game for you. if you are looking for a RPG you are better off looking somewhere else as it gives none of the player interaction and immersion the genre is known for
haemorrhagiae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 haemorrhagiae
Member since 2008 • 617 Posts
Buy the game because you wont regret it.