Should I sell Ni No Kuni to get Metal Gear Rising?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Ni No Kuni was a disappointing experience that really left a bad taste in my mouth. So far I've loved everything Platinum Games has done so I'm sure MGR will be fantastic. NNK seems like the kind of game to go for hundreds of dollars in a few years though.

Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Soilworkcob
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts

Ni No Kuni was a disappointing experience that really left a bad taste in my mouth. So far I've loved everything Platinum Games has done so I'm sure MGR will be fantastic. NNK seems like the kind of game to go for hundreds of dollars in a few years though.

Pffrbt

I agree with the third statement. Keep NNK and just get MGR later. If it's anything like MGS4 its value will go down over time. I can buy MGS4 on Amazon.ca brand new for $15 cdn.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
What makes you think that a game that has been selling really well and has many copies out there will be worth hundreds of dollars?
ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
So ni no kuni isnt that good? I doubt it will be like xenoblade and ppl willing to pay over the retail price. There is plenty of copies out there plus you can buy it digital from the store. So if you dont like it sell it.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
LOL MGR is poo poo, no one should get that game
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pffrbt

just get MGR later.

Soilworkcob

Can't, gotta get the pre-order bonus.

What makes you think that a game that has been selling really well and has many copies out there will be worth hundreds of dollars? JML897

I dunno, same reason any niche RPG ends up being sold for over a hundred dollars.

So ni no kuni isnt that good?
Not at all.
There is plenty of copies out there plus you can buy it digital from the store.ez_moneymaker

I forgot it was being sold on PSN. Might as well get rid of it.

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

literally a 3 hour game, i would say no

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

If you don't like the game, why would you keep it? It seems like you want MGR regardless, so just buy it.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Sell....I would not buy Rising at full price unless you plan to play multiple times though. Literally a 6 hour or less game.

Kaisfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kaisfate
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

Djmaster214

Sell....I would not buy Rising at full price unless you plan to play multiple times though. Literally a 6 hour or less game.

StrongBlackVine

so it is "literally" a 3 hour game.... or is it "literally" a 6 hour game..... because only one person can "literally" be accurate... so perhaps yall should "literally" get your facts straight.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="Djmaster214"]

Kaisfate

StrongBlackVine

so it is "literally" a 3 hour game.... or is it "literally" a 6 hour game..... because only one person can "literally" be accurate... so perhaps yall should "literally" get your facts straight.

Screenshot showed a playtime less than 6 hours...and Platinum did not deny it.

Kaisfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kaisfate

[QUOTE="Kaisfate"]

[QUOTE="Djmaster214"]

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

StrongBlackVine

and was that screenshot of a speed run? because 90% of the time when a games length is announced pre release, it is from a speed run or fabricated.... i wouldnt doubt that the game is <10 hours though, since most of Platinum Games' games are less than 10 hours, but packed full of awesome. Vanquish was an amazing game despite being about 6-8 hours long.
Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Soilworkcob

So ni no kuni isnt that good? I doubt it will be like xenoblade and ppl willing to pay over the retail price.ez_moneymaker

NNK is better than Xenoblade. But I mean if you really don't like NNK then get MGR. Still I'm kinda' the opposite: I don't really like MGS (they aren't bad games, I just don't like the stealth-action genre as much as I like the RPG genre). So I'm obviously bias in this regard. So keeping NNK is a no-brainer to me. Thats my opinion. And I believe there is a greater chance that NNKs value will go up over time while MGRs will go down over time.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
If you don't like it then sell it.
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts
[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="Kaisfate"] so it is "literally" a 3 hour game.... or is it "literally" a 6 hour game..... because only one person can "literally" be accurate... so perhaps yall should "literally" get your facts straight.

Kaisfate

and was that screenshot of a speed run? because 90% of the time when a games length is announced pre release, it is from a speed run or fabricated.... i wouldnt doubt that the game is <10 hours though, since most of Platinum Games' games are less than 10 hours, but packed full of awesome. Vanquish was an amazing game despite being about 6-8 hours long.

its a metal gear game its alot of cutscenes, the 3 hour run is a playthrough on normal skipping cutscenes, which shouldnt count to extend a game
glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

[QUOTE="ez_moneymaker"]So ni no kuni isnt that good? I doubt it will be like xenoblade and ppl willing to pay over the retail price.Soilworkcob

NNK is better than Xenoblade.

I disagree - in terms of originality (from gameplay, to story, to music), xenoblade chronicles is AMAZING, and beats NNK in all those categories. I just felt everything from NNK is bad for a jaded gamer like me - hyper-typical story (Alice in wonderland, anyone?), hand-holding throughout most of the game that sucks the fun out of most puzzles the game has to offer (big problem with today's games), and unexciting combat system (combat is literally half of the game...). Let's just say a ps1 game I'm playing right now (Grandia, a PS classic form the PS store) has a better combat system than this game - but to be fair, not all RPG's can have a great combat system. The presentation of NNK is amazing though - not really the voice-acting, but in terms of visuals and simplified, CLEAN UI. It's not necessarily the best cel-shading, but it's the best it terms of overall visual style, which is simply impeccable. I'm still playing NNK though as we speak, but those are my thoughts, and I doubt anyone can rebuttal those points i laid-out about NNK, especially in comparison to XC.

If anyone gets a chance to play xenoblade chronicles, you'll in for a real treat. It's too bad it's not as well known, simply b/c it was on a different console that most hardcore gamers don't have (the Wii).

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pffrbt

StrongBlackVine

I'm fine with that. Bayonetta is about the same length and I absolutely love that game. Vanquish is shorter and that's fantastic too.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

If you do not like a game, then get rid of it.  The demo was nto bad, but the game did not seem that awesome. 

CBN16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CBN16
Member since 2012 • 407 Posts

How much of Ni No Kuni did you play? It has a slow start, so give it another chance if you didn't play too much. I personally love it because I grew up watching Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki's films, but I guess that makes me kind of a fanboy haha. If you do not like the game, then I guess I'd sell it. I can also see the game going up in value, but it will be more than a few years. Maybe even past this coming up gen when it really raises in value.

My best suggestion would be sell it and get Metal Gear Rising. Then when Ni No Kuni goes down to about $20, buy it, keep it sealed, then sell it when it's worth a lot.

Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Soilworkcob

[QUOTE="Soilworkcob"]

[QUOTE="ez_moneymaker"]So ni no kuni isnt that good? I doubt it will be like xenoblade and ppl willing to pay over the retail price.glitch2424

NNK is better than Xenoblade.

If anyone gets a chance to play xenoblade chronicles, you'll in for a real treat. It's too bad it's not as well known, simply b/c it was on a different console that most hardcore gamers don't have (the Wii).

Not sure if that's true that you regard the Wii as something less interesting to hardcore gamers because I'm a hardcore gamer and that's exactly why I have a Wii. To buy the great games that do come out on system such as the Wii (though I still regard NNK as better than Xenoblade Chronicles). In fact I think that Xenoblade is fairly overrated, though I still enjoyed it for what it was: a good jrpg (though a bit disappointing).

Kaisfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kaisfate
[QUOTE="Kaisfate"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

Djmaster214

its a metal gear game its alot of cutscenes, the 3 hour run is a playthrough on normal skipping cutscenes, which shouldnt count to extend a game

there is absolutely no way in hell the game is 3 hours long minus cutscenes. im sorry but you are spouting nothing but shit please stop.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

If you don't like the game, why would you keep it? It seems like you want MGR regardless, so just buy it.

yokofox33
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

MGR looks amazing. If your a platinum Games fan then why not pick it up? The great thing about there games is how replayable they are. I hear MGR is no different. I loved Ni No Kuni but if your not having a good time... you may as well sell it.

Scissorman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Scissorman88
Member since 2013 • 154 Posts

If they're the makers of Bayonetta, I'm all up for this game.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StrongBlackVine

Confirme 5-6 hours by Gamespot review, but it 8.5. So if you enjoy replaying games a lot it might be worth buy.