Should I regret not getting Killzone 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A-l-g-r-e-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 A-l-g-r-e-n
Member since 2007 • 649 Posts

i played through the demo and didn't like it vrey much as the character feels very heavy, and the aiming system does not appeal to me. Not at all. It's very unresponsive. Though every review I've seen says it needs a little time to get used to. Time I didn't spend. Is it still worth getting? I heard the online community is dying...

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

If you don't like it, don't get it. Don't feel pressured into getting just because a lot of people have it. Why buy a game you didn't like?

noble_aryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 noble_aryan
Member since 2009 • 722 Posts

i played through the demo and didn't like it vrey much as the character feels very heavy, and the aiming system does not appeal to me. Not at all. It's very unresponsive. Though every review I've seen says it needs a little time to get used to. Time I didn't spend. Is it still worth getting? I heard the online community is dying...

A-l-g-r-e-n

they patched the controls and alot of things. trust me get it. online is not dying

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

If you don't like it, don't get it. Don't feel pressured into getting just because a lot of people have it. Why buy a game you didn't like?

yokofox33
This
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
Well if you didn't like the demo i really don't see you liking the full game. Personally, I haven't touched the game in 3 or 4 months none of my friends like the controls so none of them really play.
A-l-g-r-e-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 A-l-g-r-e-n
[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

supa_badman
This

Thanks. You're right, I won't get it.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

This isn't a popularity contest and you don't gain bonus points for buying games you don't even like. Why even bother asking?

You want to be a gamer? Go with what you like. Not what "hype says" or any of these tools on here. Don't be a dead fish.

A-l-g-r-e-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 A-l-g-r-e-n

This isn't a popularity contest and you don't gain bonus points for buying games you don't even like. Why even bother asking?

You want to be a gamer? Go with what you like. Not what "hype says" or any of these tools on here. Don't be a dead fish.

Denji
You should read my review of the demo. Even though I don't like it a lot, it has some very interesting ideas that could make the game excellent if it was tweaked.
Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Tony2519
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
the patches have improved.... and the online is definitely not dying
Avatar image for StephenBassford
StephenBassford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 StephenBassford
Member since 2004 • 889 Posts

You'll be missing out on a great game if you don't get it. I didn't like the controls at first either, but after playing for an hour or so I found it to be second nature.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I don't think the controls were bad, it is just that people are used to playing other shooters and since they are use to a different control scheme they didn't like it. Even I felt it annoying at first because I play Resistance a lot, but after I got used to it, the controls weren't so bad. There is definitely a learning curve to game. Also it is semi realistic in that there is weight to your character and their movements and I don't think people like that too much either. Everybody thought it was Call of Duty rip off, but it terns out it plays nothing like that at all. This generation is the pick up and play generation. Killzone 2 isn't a pickup and play game by any means. You have to want to learn how to play to enjoy it. I am only basing it off the demo since I have not played the full game either.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
Don't like it. Don't get it. Simple as that. Play the demo over and over again to as the review said get used to it. I did that with MGS4. When I first played it I didn't like it but after I played it a few times then I started to like it. I wanted to go out and buy it to see what else would happen next (Still don't have it though).
L30KinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 L30KinG
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

killzone is a greta game, but not for everyone, need teamwork, if you did'nt like the demo then don't buy it, as simplae as that

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
Nah, Killzone 2 was an experience, but its an extreamly over-rated game imo. You can't deny its graphics are amazing...but everything else is pretty generic FPS. Most people play it for the multiplayer though, and you can't experience that in a demo. Even as a person who doesn't really care much for the game, I'd go back and rent it if I were you.
royie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 royie
Member since 2006 • 64 Posts

i played the demo and didn't like it but i still bought it cuz everyone said it was a good game

i reget spending $70 for the game

-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

A-l-g-r-e-n

I rented it for a week and that was just enough time for me to fully enjoy it. I'm glad I didn't buy it, but I can appreciate why many people did, it was a really awesome game to play both online and offline. Like myself, you should atleast rent killzone 2.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#17 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
They patched the controls and a bunch of stuff. Online isnt dying, its still very strong. I always find lots of games. It could take a bit to get used to, but its more realistic than your general shooter is. The weight makes it more realistic.
Meemtyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Meemtyke
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
I bought, and I played online for almost 50-60 hours. Which is great for me. You can add around 10 hour for the solo campain. Rent it, you'll see.
Perjury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Perjury
Member since 2009 • 343 Posts
I thought the aiming was very sluggish. If you didn't like the demo don't buy it.
Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tony2519
I thought the aiming was very sluggish. If you didn't like the demo don't buy it.Perjury
but you cant base your decision on the demo... they have fixed things in the game.... plus you know if u go into the settings you can make it so the aiming isn't "sluggish"
Perjury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Perjury
[QUOTE="Perjury"]I thought the aiming was very sluggish. If you didn't like the demo don't buy it.Tony2519
but you cant base your decision on the demo... they have fixed things in the game.... plus you know if u go into the settings you can make it so the aiming isn't "sluggish"

I just rented it and downloaded the long patch You can adjust the speed but it's still sluggish and wierd. not smooth and good like Cod.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#22 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

There's a patch which includes a new option called 'High Precision' which makes aiming more responsive, and I feel it's a great game.

Perjury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Perjury
What I hate is how your reticle moves then your gun follows later, they should move togeather. I'm on the target but I have to wait for the gun to catch up, very annoying. Mabe they need a null out the drift option.
Darth_Sibbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#24 Darth_Sibbs
Member since 2004 • 4234 Posts
It depends how much you like shooters. I thought it was good. If you didn't like the demo chances are you won't like the game. Maybe try and hire it out and see from there?
buttchutney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 buttchutney
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I love shooters and, after reading the rave reviews, bought Killzone 2. To my surprise, I didn't like it. The controls are heavy, and the online fights are far too frenzied. Too many people in small spaces. In COD, there is a satisfying bullet-hitting-the-helmet headshot sound, but Killzone gives you a sound effect that sounds like a canary getting stepped on. I have played hours and hours of CODMW and CODWaW and was geared up to do the same with Killzone, but have stopped and it now sits on my shelf gathering dust. My most disappointing purchase of 2009.
groundgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#26 groundgamer
Member since 2009 • 2122 Posts

A-l-g-r-e-n
Shame on you! Call yourself a PS3 gamer? BAHH! Only joking, but I highly reccomend you try it out, it's amazing. Really.
JonesWs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JonesWs
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts

It's a must have for a FPS PS3 owner...Nice little change from COD once and awhile.

BurnTheSIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BurnTheSIn
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

Never ever ever ever once again.. ever.....

benchmark on a demo.

PimpiNbananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PimpiNbananas
Member since 2007 • 1911 Posts

well its visuals look so delicious I feel like licking the screen.

ckuwiy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ckuwiy2
Member since 2009 • 123 Posts

[QUOTE="Denji"]

A-l-g-r-e-n

You should read my review of the demo. Even though I don't like it a lot, it has some very interesting ideas that could make the game excellent if it was tweaked.

i agree i didnt even like the i dea of halo until i played it u liked the idea of killzone until u played it i figure u played some of it u dont want to paly forever to get used to it so< ddont play another game get good and dominate online

Perjury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Perjury
Kz2 reminds me a lot of quake 4.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#32 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

If you didn't like the demo, then don't get the game.

becek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 becek
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts

I got major headache while playing online match :(

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

[QUOTE="Tony2519"][QUOTE="Perjury"]I thought the aiming was very sluggish. If you didn't like the demo don't buy it.Perjury

I just rented it and downloaded the long patch You can adjust the speed but it's still sluggish and wierd. not smooth and good like Cod.

For the billionth time this game is not call of duty sheesh!

I cant belive this. Everyone complains that fps isnt doig anything innovative and its just the same generic crap over and over. Ok so Killzone decides to make the game feel more realistic, like your acctually carrying a gun which incase you didnt know is really heavy in real life and now everyone has a problem. The controls are very good after you get used to it. If you dont like it fine but stop wanting everygame to controll like "cod"

smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

Don't get it. It adds nothing new to the FPS genre and is overrated.

Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tony2519

[QUOTE="Perjury"][QUOTE="Tony2519"] but you cant base your decision on the demo... they have fixed things in the game.... plus you know if u go into the settings you can make it so the aiming isn't "sluggish" MassiveKaos

I cant belive this. Everyone complains that fps isnt doig anything innovative and its just the same generic crap over and over. Ok so Killzone decides to make the game feel more realistic, like your acctually carrying a gun which incase you didnt know is really heavy in real life and now everyone has a problem. The controls are very good after you get used to it. If you dont like it fine but stop wanting everygame to controll like "cod"

Agreed
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
[QUOTE="MassiveKaos"]

[QUOTE="Perjury"] I just rented it and downloaded the long patch You can adjust the speed but it's still sluggish and wierd. not smooth and good like Cod.Tony2519

Agreed

I also agree. I didn't like the demo either but I wanted a good FPS for my PS3 and the reviews were high so I decided to give it a try and I love it. The controls do take a little bit to get used to (compared with playing CoD and Halo), but once I got the hang of it I actually like it better. It's by far the most fun I've had playing an FPS besides BioShock, but BioShock was made specifically for the single player experience, whereas Killzone was made more for online. Even though I'm still only on the 5th chapter in the Campaign I still really enjoy it and I can't wait to finish it and play online. I would say buy it, but if you're still wary of the controls, rent it first and play though it a little bit to try and get a hang of the controls and you may find you like it. The demo doesn't really give you enough time to get into it.