Should I get PS+ or BF Premium

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gex1040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gex1040
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

I enjoy playing BF3 online, but the free games that PS+ has to offer are pretty good as well.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
BF Premium
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
honestly id go with ps+ but thats just me. i dont think the premium thing is worth the 50. but if u truly enjoy bf3 then id go with that. ull get more from ps+ and i have been enjoyed that since it came out
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

It's up to you mate, personally I would go with PlayStation+ since I don't encourage DLC and especially so called "Elite content".

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
PSN+ I will never recommend map packs for $50.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

PS+, definitely.

schizo_talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 schizo_talon
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts
PS+, chances are you might see discounts for that BF3 content at some point.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

LOLZ @ getting anything generic shooter related! So glad I'm not a sucker.

Avatar image for millerhelp11111
millerhelp11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 millerhelp11111
Member since 2005 • 1410 Posts
PS+
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

You guys do realize BF3 Premium is a one time payment? While PS+ is a monthly fee, so after six months of PS+ you'll have exceed BF3's Premium price.

Avatar image for millerhelp11111
millerhelp11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 millerhelp11111
Member since 2005 • 1410 Posts

You guys do realize BF3 Premium is a one time payment? While PS+ is a monthly fee, so after six months of PS+ you'll have exceed BF3's Premium price.

Justforvisit
Yes but it is 50 dollars for a complete year and provides free full games a month as well several additional features for you system where as the other adds some maps and at $4/month the free games you get far out way the cost of the service as well as the convince of having all your valuable time spent playing games and beating them saved on cloud storage.
jeansoutlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jeansoutlet
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
PS+
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Access to tons of games + discounts OR stuff for just one game. Unless you really, really love that one game, it should be an easy call
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 2Chalupas

Justforvisit

After 6 months? A guy that obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. You can do a 1 year subscription for $49.99.

PSN+ for 1 year = $50. BF 3 Premium = $50.

PSN+ gives you alot more and is a way better deal. This is coming from someone that loves Battlefield series, but unless that was literally the only game I played then paying $50 for map packs is not a good deal at all.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Justforvisit

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

2Chalupas

After 6 months? A guy that obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. You can do a 1 year subscription for $49.99.

PSN+ gives you alot more and is a way better deal. This is coming from someone that loves Battlefield series, but unless that was literally the only game I played then paying $50 for map packs is not a good deal at all.

Accusing me of not knowing (and I freely admit I have never been interested much in the PS+ thing, I just know one month is 10 ? ) and then doing the same error by yourself ;)

It's more than just map packs, you also get access too all of them two weeks earlier than the rest and some planned content bonus drop as well. Queue priority is another thing on that scale, you can open Premium Player Only Servers and get new camouflage for your soldiers and weapons, this will be expanded as well.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Justforvisit

Accidentally hit submit, wasn't all done yet:

And you get a discount when you get all new DLC together for 50 ? instead of all five single for 15 ? each. Most people bought it for this very reason.

Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts
PS+
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#18 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

i will say ps+ alone just this month will add up 50 bucks worth of content.

bf prem is just dlc... no new games unlike you get with +

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 2Chalupas

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

Justforvisit

Accusing me of not knowing (and I freely admit I have never been interested much in the PS+ thing, I just know one month is 10 ? ) and then doing the same error by yourself ;)

It's more than just map packs, you also get access too all of them two weeks earlier than the rest and some planned content bonus drop as well. Queue priority is another thing on that scale, you can open Premium Player Only Servers and get new camouflage for your soldiers and weapons, this will be expanded as well.

Well you did get the facts wrong as to the price. So when I said you didn't know what you were talking about, it was obviously in direct response to your mistatement of facts. It is not 6 months vs Premium, it is a full year of PSN+ vs Premium as either one would be $50. You don't have to do it monthly, you can sign up for an annual sub.

As to the features you listed, those are a relatively frivilous thing, and I was already aware of them. I just assign zero value to that kind of thing. I mean you get avatars and themes in PSN+, but I assign the same value to avatars as I do to "new camo", which is zip...zilch...nada. Likewise getting things a week (or two?) early means absolutely nothing to me, so again that is not a legetimate value add at all.

Actually depending on how they enacted that stuff with the servers, if it actually made it harder for "non-Premium" players to find a server or get in a queue that wouldn't really be a positive value for Premium. It would just be a shady business practice and highly annoying to me who just wanted to play the game regularly. Although I haven't bothered playing BF3 in at least a month or two, so I don't want to assume the worst. The bottom line for me is I already put 100 hours into BF3, and I put 500+ hours into BFBC2 and Vietnam. I just don't feel I would get another 100 hours out of BF3 even if I bought "Premium". So if I had to choose just 1, I would get PSN+ and have a whole bunch of different games to play (especially with the deal up there right now). Of course I dont' have to "choose" between them. I've had PSN+ since the beginning. If I wanted Premium I could get that too, I just don't want to because I don't like what they are offering right now for $50. Maybe when all the DLC's are out and they release an ultimate edition of the game I will consider trading my existing copy of the game for that.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

2Chalupas

Well you did get the facts wrong as to the price. So when I said you didn't know what you were talking about, it was obviously in direct response to your mistatement of facts. It is not 6 months vs Premium, it is a full year of PSN+ vs Premium as either one would be $50. You don't have to do it monthly, you can sign up for an annual sub.

As to the features you listed, those are a relatively frivilous thing, and I was already aware of them. I just assign zero value to that kind of thing. I mean you get avatars and themes in PSN+, but I assign the same value to avatars as I do to "new camo", which is zip...zilch...nada. Likewise getting things a week (or two?) early means absolutely nothing to me, so again that is not a legetimate value add at all.

Actually depending on how they enacted that stuff with the servers, if it actually made it harder for "non-Premium" players to find a server or get in a queue that wouldn't really be a positive value for Premium. It would just be a shady business practice and highly annoying to me who just wanted to play the game regularly. Although I haven't bothered playing BF3 in at least a month or two, so I don't want to assume the worst. The bottom line for me is I already put 100 hours into BF3, and I put 500+ hours into BFBC2 and Vietnam. I just don't feel I would get another 100 hours out of BF3 even if I bought "Premium". So if I had to choose just 1, I would get PSN+ and have a whole bunch of different games to play (especially with the deal up there right now). Of course I dont' have to "choose" between them. I've had PSN+ since the beginning. If I wanted Premium I could get that too, I just don't want to because I don't like what they are offering right now for $50. Maybe when all the DLC's are out and they release an ultimate edition of the game I will consider trading my existing copy of the game for that.

i bought the premium cuz of my clan, and honestly tags, resetting ur stats and the map packs, they are really not that great. it doesnt offer much. again i bought it a day ago and i regret it. and im a bf3 fan, i play it whenever i get the chance, but the premium is so worthless. i have gotten more than i can chew up this past month with ps+ alone, compared to what the premium is offering all together. and justforvisits, chalupas is right about the ps+, its ok u made ur mistake but at least man up to it lol. u remind me of a friend, who no matter how wrong he is or mistakes he done, he always tries to sneak out of it by saying he was right anyways lol

doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts

For me it was a no brainer. Most of the games up on plus right now i have no desire to play. As for the other ones i already own and have beaten.

So for me premium was the choice. I have no desire to change my theme nor avatar, as i do not care what either is. I havent changed my avatar/theme since the launch 60 gig and i do not see a reason to do so now...

As for the new maps/weapons im enjoying the change and cant wait for armored warfare...

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
It all depends on what service you will end up using more. Are you the type that dumps half a paycheque on games? Then get PSN+. Are you the type that just wants to play your favorite game for a long time? Get BF Premium. People will try to sway you towards getting PSN+ with claims that you get dozens of "free" games every month but they don't mention that you can only play those games so long as you keep paying for it. Once your subscription ends. *POOF* Personally, I would go with BF Premium because I know that each of the BF3 "map packs" are actually expansions with a good amount of content that greatly add to the core game and you're already getting them at a discount. Basically with PSN+ you're paying for discounts ( usually for stuff you might not give a F*** about) while with BF Premium you're paying a discounted price for actual content. You decide, $50 per year for meh or $50 for awesome.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Justforvisit

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

JoKeR_421

i bought the premium cuz of my clan, and honestly tags, resetting ur stats and the map packs, they are really not that great. it doesnt offer much. again i bought it a day ago and i regret it. and im a bf3 fan, i play it whenever i get the chance, but the premium is so worthless. i have gotten more than i can chew up this past month with ps+ alone, compared to what the premium is offering all together. and justforvisits, chalupas is right about the ps+, its ok u made ur mistake but at least man up to it lol. u remind me of a friend, who no matter how wrong he is or mistakes he done, he always tries to sneak out of it by saying he was right anyways lol

Mind showing me where I didn't say I admit that I was mistaken? :) Not giving a BEEP about something or implying that something that has been said and was wrong is actually right or vice versa are two different pair of shoes ;)

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

Justforvisit

Mind showing me where I didn't say I admit that I was mistaken? :) Not giving a BEEP about something or implying that something that has been said and was wrong is actually right or vice versa are two different pair of shoes ;)

lmao ok.
TheGrizzlyMig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheGrizzlyMig
Should I get ArmA X or BF Premium?
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#26 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
You'll get a lot more out of PS+ unless you almost exclusively play BF3. I just started up a year of PS+ and I think it should easily pay for itself. I already have 3 full games and saved $10 on another game.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

PS+ is definatelty a better use for your money.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

Justforvisit

You can't even pay monthly for PS+. It's either a year subscirption for $50 or a three month subscription for $17.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
As for the BF Premium... It's the same deal as COD Elite. If you play those games regularly, and plan on buying future installments of these games. $50 a year isn't much for anyone... So, I'd say get both of them. PS+ and BF Premium.
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
PS+
snaketripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 snaketripper
50$ for a single pack of DLC's, that even get release yet? Bugfield3 isn't worthy after the patch, there's the annoying random bug sound. PS+ is way way better investment.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Justforvisit

But with PS+ you get full games at no additonal cost than the PS+ subscription, whereas BF3 Premium is just more DLC.

scorpoinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 scorpoinz
Member since 2012 • 54 Posts

go for BF Premium if you play battlefield3 a lot. like me, i only play battlefield3 online u can add my id is contractkillor :)