should i get far cry 3 and tomb raider or the last of us?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sruane23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sruane23
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

topic pretty much says it all

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Give us more info than that.  What types of games do you like?  What type of experiance are you looking for?

sruane23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sruane23

Give us more info than that.  What types of games do you like?  What type of experiance are you looking for?

hanslacher54

ok ok. I am pretty much a sucker for games with good stories and characters which have unique personalities that you are forced to love or hate...

such as bioshock, walking dead, batman arkham series, uncharted, enslaved, heavy rain

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

If i we're u i would try and get all three games.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

[QUOTE="hanslacher54"]

sruane23

ok ok. I am pretty much a sucker for games with good stories and characters which have unique personalities that you are forced to love or hate...

such as bioshock, walking dead, batman arkham series, uncharted, enslaved, heavy rain

FC 3 is the way to go ...
jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
Ditch Far Cry 3, in my opinion, Blood Dragon is better, as for The Last of Us vs Tomb Raider, I have played neither so I can't say...
sruane23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sruane23

I will eventually get all 3, i just saw tomb raider and FC3 on sale for $30 a piece as opposed to paying .$60 for TLOU when it is getting mixed reviews from gamers.

ultimately, is Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider that.much worse of game?

Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
Go with Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider. All three appear to be solid, high quality titles that have received better-than-average ratings. So, while they're wildly different games, from a quality standpoint they should be pretty equal. In which case, wouldn't it be better to have two games instead of one? Even if you end up hating one, you'll still (hopefully) have one good game. And, within six months, The Last of Us will be down to $40 or so anyway. Or, hell, it'll likely be one of those uber-cheap games they put on sale for Black Friday. Unless you're just absolutely obsessed with the concept of The Last of Us and feel an overwhelming compulsion to play it right away, it just makes more sense to wait.
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I wouldn't recommend Far Cry 3. I tried the game and just didn't enjoy it very much.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
I loved Tomb Raider and thought Far Cry 3 was pretty awesome. I would say if you can get two great games for the price of one great game, you might as well make the easy choice. The Last of Us isn't going anywhere, and if you're already willing to wait, you may be able to get it much cheaper in a couple months (maybe less). That said, it's a very story-driven game, and those games tend to get spoiled. If you want to avoid that, you might want to play it ASAP. There are potential spoilers all over the place already.
Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts
Far Cry 3 is very good, can be annoying in parts, but its still very good. I haven't gotten that far in Tomb Raider, but i am enjoying it. Everyone i know pretty much like it too. The Last of Us i bought today, i haven't played it yet, but it does look awesome. I don't really like the Uncharted games, but this one i feel will be better than the uncharted series completely
ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts
Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider
ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
The last of us has better story out of the three, but if you get fc3 and tomb raider together then I say do that. I like all three for different reasons.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts
I'd say LoU. Tomb Raider would be close but. FC3 didn't do anything for me.
hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

[QUOTE="hanslacher54"]

sruane23

I would say The Last of Us sounds the best then.

I'm around 2/3 done with The Last of Us, and I'm loving it so far. The story, characters, atmosphere, and variety of gameplay really make it standout from the crowd.  Far Cry 3 is also a great game, but the game is good for it's open world environment, not for its story (although the antagonist in the game, Vaas, is pretty spectacular).  I can't really comment on Tomb Raider since I haven't played it yet.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Honestly you can't go wrong with ether 3. Personally I would go with TLOU cause I love ND and the survival horror aspect of TLOU is interesting.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I wouldn't recommend Far Cry 3. I tried the game and just didn't enjoy it very much.

Bubble_Man

My fav shooter this gen imo i guess to each his own.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

FC3 and TR. You'll get more bang for your buck as FC3 is really long and it's also a fantastic game. Tomb Raider is also great fun.

TLoU is also a great game (really I'd probably put all three of these games in my Top 10 for this gen), but it doesn't stack up to that duo -- I don't think there's a single game that does.

mstrchf12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 mstrchf12
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
You can get FC3 for real cheap now. But I'd go with FC3+ TLOU. Tomb Raider is an awesome game but little replay value and stupid multiplayer.