Should I get a PS3? For Ni No Kuni?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zakman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zakman15
Member since 2003 • 95 Posts

I own an XBOX and Wii, but have always been interested in getting a PS3. However, I don't know if there are any exclusives that I would like that would really justify the purhcase.

Now that Ni No Kuni is coming out here, I'm interested again in getting a PS3, but again I'm having the same dilemma. Any advice? Any exclusives that are must plays that might help me make my mind up?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
if you waited this long to get interested on a PS3, then no. You dont deserve one.
DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

I would hold off to see the consensus on Ni No Kuni. While IGN has given it a 9.4, Game Informer rates it a 7. It certainly may not justify the purchase of a PS3 system, especially when the PS4 will be out in 9 months and there are reports it will be $400 or less.

There certainly are enough awesome exclusives for PS3 though, between the God of War games, the Uncharted games, and Journey, among others.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nengo_Flow

I would hold off to see the consensus on Ni No Kuni. While IGN has given it a 9.4, Game Informer rates it a 7. It certainly may not justify the purchase of a PS3 system, especially when the PS4 will be out in 9 months and there are reports it will be $400 or less.

There certainly are enough awesome exclusives for PS3 though, between the God of War games, the Uncharted games, and Journey, among others.

DaRq_MiNoS
lol your silly thinking the PS4 will be out in 9 months. It might, MIght, get announced at this E3 and then it will be another year untill it even gets a release date. The earliest the PS4 could come is fall/holiday 2014. If not fall/holiday 2015 like originally planned.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
[QUOTE="DaRq_MiNoS"]

Nengo_Flow
lol your silly thinking the PS4 will be out in 9 months. It might, MIght, get announced at this E3 and then it will be another year untill it even gets a release date. The earliest the PS4 could come is fall/holiday 2014. If not fall/holiday 2015 like originally planned.

There is no way that the PS4 would be delayed until 2015, unless Sony wants to be 2-3 years behind Microsoft and Nintendo.
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
If you waited this long and just want it for that one game then the answer is a big NO.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
I would never advocate buying a console for one game. My advice is search for the exclusive games and decide if they appeal to you.
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

PS3 is worth every penny just for its first party games, the third party exclusives and Blu Ray are just a bonus.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

All the rumors are stating that PS4 and new XBOX will be out for this holiday season. The announcements are supposed to come within the next couple months. And I think they'll both be pushing because neither will want to be a year behind their competitor with a next gen console... that would be almost certainly fatal.

yaopingzhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yaopingzhu
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

No, not for one game.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="DaRq_MiNoS"]

ItsEvolution

There is no way that the PS4 would be delayed until 2015, unless Sony wants to be 2-3 years behind Microsoft and Nintendo.

The 360 was announced around 6 months before its release, its heavily rumored both Sony and MS will announce new systems in March and both will want to be the first out of the gate. While I myself wouldnt complain about another year wait, Odds are in favor both systems WILL be released this holiday season

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

PS3 is worth every penny just for its first party games, the third party exclusives and Blu Ray are just a bonus.

crimsonman1245
same here
jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
Probably not for Ni No Kuni (again, my opinion is that if you have a 360, there is little reason to get a PS3
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nengo_Flow
my opinion is that if you have a 360, there is little reason to get a PS3jordonj
lol no If you are in love with your 360 then you are probably not going to see much on the PS3. But even if you have a 360, as a gamer, there are numerous reason to own a ps3.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Yes. Get Ni No Kuni, Tales of Graces f and Valkyria Chronicles.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#16 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

If you're cool with spending all that money for one game then go ahead. But usually I find 10 games I like for a system before I buy it. Look at the exclusives, ps3 has quite a few good ones.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

DaRq_MiNoS

Right, let's focus on the one 7 Ni no Kuni received but completely ignore the plethora of 9+ reviews out there.

With that said, no one game is worth a PS3. Personally I need to be interested in at least a handful games to get a console.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts
A large chunk of the most highly anticipated PS3 games is coming out this year, Ni no kuni included, get the damn thing already.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts
I wouldn't recommend to purchase the system for one game only, unless money isn't the issue I would spend some quality time doing research. There are numerous PS3 exclusives to enjoy, it's up to you to see if you have any interest in it. :-)
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#20 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

I'm not going to try and get you to get a PS3, because that is pointless. But, from my standpoint, it is one of the best purchases I have ever made. It can do so much, and I love having it around just as a DVD/Blu-Ray player. I can hook up USB and play music, etc. The PSN is nice, there is never any problems. The machine is impressive to say the least, quiet, beautiful picture, etc. I could go all day why I love the powerful system. Also, I love the exclusives on PS. Therefore, yes I love the PS3; however, your personal choice, you should know what you want.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
Go ahead and buy Ni No Kuni