Should I even renew my PS Plus?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sonygam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sonygam3r
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts
Well, I purchased a one-year subscription to PlayStation Plus back around when it first came out. I've been pleased with some of the free games I've downloaded, but some I felt were just not worth it. There were also a few repeats with free games, which I was disappointed with. However, I really do like the discounts. My subscription ended just a few days ago, and I'm trying to decided whether or not I should pay for it again. I just thought I'd ask for your opinions on it. Does it seem like it's going downhill or is it still worth it? Thanks!
eleven1181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 eleven1181
Member since 2010 • 339 Posts

I just got ps plus last week for the 1st time and i like it, got marvel pinball and tomb raider both great, the other free stuff wasnt up to much

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

Seems to be a waste of money, whilst you're getting a discount, you're still giving them £40 and then paying for things on top of that.

HeroKen-ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 HeroKen-ii
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts

Seems to be a waste of money, whilst you're getting a discount, you're still giving them £40 and then paying for things on top of that.

DarthJohnova

You get a free game worth about 9.99-15$ per month and a few other things that are free.

About 4 avatars every month that cost .99 become free.

I guess it depends on what you get during that year from PSN.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I have a question. If you don't renew, do you still get to keep whatever free games you got while you had the membership?
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

well why dont u look at the pros and cons and what u liked about it......i renewed my ps+ few days ago, i honestly love it. i mean i shop a lot on the store, so its def worth it for me, i like the discounts almost everything i bought was discounted thanks to ps+..............also i was able to try out games for free or even trials, before purchasing a game which helped me save money in the long run. i also love the avatars and themes even though some are whacky lol, at least my ps3 feels it has something new ( theme wise, to make my ps3 xmb look different) i got a few add-ons, i also got 2 free games by just signing up with it, so sam and max and wipeout hd are mine and even if my ps+ expired i still get to use them. i also like some of the betas i get invited too.

again look at it this way, was it worth it and did it come in handy when u had ps+ if so then go for it, if u think its pointless then dont get it. its really that simple. i do agree with uand can tell u that there are times where the updates or what we get arent really that great, but most of the times we get pretty good stuff out of it. so again, since u already had ps+ go from there, see what u liked see what u want more out of, if its the discount and certain free stuff then go for it bro.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#7 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

What I'd like to know is, if I renew my Plus membership for a year and within that year Sony decides to start charging for online services, what happens?

I emailed Sony that same question and got back a generic, we can't really say what will happen response.

Personally, I'm not going to renew when my membership expires - it doesn't seem to be worth it, for me at least.

In three months all I've got is a couple average themes, one good free game (Plants vs Zombies) and everything else appears that I got for free will de-activiate when my membership expries.

If Plants vs Zombies doesn't de-activate, the membership will have paid for itself with that game and some savings on other games but otherwise, it's been a pretty weak experience.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

E

DarthJohnova

You get tons of stuff included with the£40(or $50 in US). Alot more freebies than most people would have time to play, actually. I probably only played about half of them but still felt it added up to be worth it. Basically it lets you try out a bunch of games you might not otherwise buy, and lets you get access to them for minimal amount of subscription fee. You can probably get your money's worth just on the freebies, or for someone that buys alot of games can get their money's worth just on the discounts. For most people the mix of the two should be a solid value.I feel like for the $50 US it's a pretty fair balance between included "free" games, and the occasional discounts. The combination of the two make it easily worthwhile.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

E[QUOTE="DarthJohnova"]

2Chalupas

You get tons of stuff included with the£40(or $50 in US). Alot more freebies than most people would have time to play, actually. I probably only played about half of them but still felt it added up to be worth it. Basically it lets you try out a bunch of games you might not otherwise buy, and lets you get access to them for minimal amount of subscription fee. You can probably get your money's worth just on the freebies, or for someone that buys alot of games can get their money's worth just on the discounts. For most people the mix of the two should be a solid value.I feel like for the $50 US it's a pretty fair balance between included "free" games, and the occasional discounts. The combination of the two make it easily worthwhile.

Yeah, well I guess it's just down to personal needs really. I don't count the free stuff as 'free' because they're locked if you're not giving Sony money from a subscription.
jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jnjreams76
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
After a full year of the subscription, you should know whether the service is for you or not. That's plenty of time for a thorough analysis.
Mortos13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 Mortos13
Member since 2010 • 304 Posts

I have a question. If you don't renew, do you still get to keep whatever free games you got while you had the membership?AmazonTreeBoa

no