Should I buy Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3? (I've never played any Dark/Demon Souls Game)

RichieUkoha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should I buy Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3? (I've never played any Dark/Demon Souls Game) (49 votes)

Bloodborne 59%
Dark souls 3 41%
 • 
thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Dark souls 3, as the game is newer so online will be more active.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I would play Bloodborne first, it's much cheaper in retail. Then when you are finished the price for Dark Souls 3 will drop.

Case in point, play both games. ;)

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

As Sokol4ever said, try BB first for the gameplay at low price, if you'll like it buy DS next. you might won't like the frustrating gamestyle so it's a pity buying a full retail price for a game you might not like.

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Oi_Oi_Spanky
Member since 2015 • 301 Posts

I think Bloodborne is the better game and it's now patched to ****. Dark Souls 3 still has a way to go. I've lost cound how many times the enemies seem to pop into existance and then run off a ledge. You can quite easily beat the more difficult ones just by climbing 3 rungs down a ladder and watch them fly past you to their death. I've even been standing still and my souls count has boomed because something I aggro'd and didn't notice decided to take a flying leap somewhere on the map.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thehig1

Dark souls 3 still the best choice, the best time to play a souls game is when it's new, when there plenty of people online to summon for co op and plenty of people to for PvP duels.

After a year souls games, like a lot of games get a little queiter with online players.

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nirogol

@thehig1: Most times people uses CO-OP is for the bosses, and you have some automatic co op points in bloodborne now so you just need to pay 1 insight and the help will come, you just have to be online, you don't have to wait for real player to be connected.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thehig1

@nirogol: npc help or player help?

Doesn't change my point, the best time to be involved in a souls game is close to it's launch, busier online is a good thing, also with the game being new you and the rest of the community of whatever souls game your playing can discuss and discover the more, of your into that.

I discuss dark souls 3 lore in several reddit threads, as everybody togther is trying to figure out the games lore

A year or two later, it's all more or less done with.

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nirogol

@thehig1 said:

Doesn't change my point, the best time to be involved in a souls game is close to it's launch, busier online is a good thing, also with the game being new you and the rest of the community of whatever souls game your playing can discuss and discover the more, of your into that.

I discuss dark souls 3 lore in several reddit threads, as everybody togther is trying to figure out the games lore

NPC's Help yes.

all the discovery and discssions about the game when it's new i agree with you it's fun, but you can check all the secrets after a few weeks in an organized sections in all the leading forums, i think you just like playing games that everybody is playing right now with the hype and all of this sh*t which is fine, but it really really doesn't matter when you thinking about it.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thehig1

@nirogol said:
@thehig1 said:

NPC's Help yes.

all the discovery and discssions about the game when it's new i agree with you it's fun, but you can check all the secrets after a few weeks in an organized sections in all the leading forums, i think you just like playing games that everybody is playing right now with the hype and all of this sh*t which is fine, but it really really doesn't matter when you thinking about it.

its only Dark Souls, other games I get months later in sales. Dark Souls is strongest at release. Summon signs are answered with in 2-3 seconds.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#12 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

DS3 no question

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Depends TC, First off what setting do you prefer? Dark Souls are set in a dark medieval world, BloodBorne is set in an 1800-ish world much akin to what you would expect from horror movies and stories set in that timeframe.

Next up, Do you prefer to play defensive, or offensive? The Souls games are far more focused on a strong defense, and more about careful and planned advancing.

BloodBorne is about Offense having little in Defense, it is for the most part best to be an agresser, with healing supporting more rapid movements and engagements.

I personally Prefer the Mindset needed for the Souls games, but I do see the merit in the way Bloodborne almost forces you to act, and not react.

They are of similar quality, although I strongly disliked the change later on in BloodBorne. It is still a taste thing, and not something you should take as a valid point against Bloodborne.

So go take a look at how they look, I would not really count the amount of players for or against either game, but you might feel differently, so you should consider it at least.

Lastly Bloodborne is fairly cheap. DS3 is not so it might be a deciding factor.

nerdds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nerdds
Member since 2016 • 39 Posts

If you want something cheaper, then go for Bloodborne..

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

While Bloodborne is awesome, I just can't recommend it over Dark Souls 3 because of BB's lack of equipment variety.

Also I agree with the comments about active community. Matchmaking is damn near instant since there are so many people playing. Co-op/PvP both kind of suck in BB.

Get DS3 and play the hell out of it, then get Bloodborne if you're still itching for some souls.

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

Bloodborne is difficult. If you need to find other players to help you with bosses, you won't find many people in Bloodborne as the game is old. I could not find someone to help me with darkbeast paarl for ages now.

NPC help is not enough. Most of them are cannon fodders and die within 2 minutes of the fight.

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nirogol

@tanerb said:

Bloodborne is difficult. If you need to find other players to help you with bosses, you won't find many people in Bloodborne as the game is old. I could not find someone to help me with darkbeast paarl for ages now.

NPC help is not enough. Most of them are cannon fodders and die within 2 minutes of the fight.

Bottom line what you're saying is don't buy bloodborne it'll be to hard for you which is stupid reason....

Co-op is a great addition, it's not a must.

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tanerb

@nirogol: I am not saying don't buy Bloodborne. I am saying prefer DS3 over it. I played D1 and D2 and still had hard time at Bloodborne. without coop boss fights would be difficult and since game is around for a while there are not that many people around to help you

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nirogol

@tanerb said:

I am not saying don't buy Bloodborne. I am saying prefer DS3 over it. I played D1 and D2 and still had hard time at Bloodborne. without coop boss fights would be difficult and since game is around for a while there are not that many people around to help you

You mean every From Software game has sort of expiration date which is when the hype is over and the amout of players playing it online runin' low?

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

Bloodborne is a better game.

Bloodborne is a doable game even if you're an averagey gamer, my friend picked it up and beat the first boss in like 2 tries and it was his first souls games.

Just always look out for shortcuts though.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@tanerb said:

Most bosses are defeated within 3-4 minutes TOPS.

AlsoDarkbeast Paarl is literally one of the easiest bosses in the game. If you needed help on that, rip any hopes of you doing any other boss solo.

Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Bloodborne are the only games worthwhile in souls series.

Also I'd suggest you get Dark Souls 1-3 on pc if you're going to get them, not on ps4, where you're forced to get online.

Bloodborne is fun without online though.

Get Bloodborne for ps4 then wait for dark souls 3 to be like 15 bucks on steam.

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tanerb

@putaspongeon said:
@tanerb said:

AlsoDarkbeast Paarl is literally one of the easiest bosses in the game. If you needed help on that, rip any hopes of you doing any other boss solo.

Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Bloodborne are the only games worthwhile in souls series.

Also I'd suggest you get Dark Souls 1-3 on pc if you're going to get them, not on ps4, where you're forced to get online.

In darks souls games you get better by playing the game. after losing the boss maybe ten times you learn and beat it. with some bosses it takes more than others but eventually you learn to beat it. after beating it couple times it becomes easy. that is not valid for al bosses but for most. I beat already maybe 10 boss by myself so your argument is wrong.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PutASpongeOn

@tanerb said:
@putaspongeon said:
@tanerb said:

In darks souls games you get better by playing the game. after losing the boss maybe ten times you learn and beat it. with some bosses it takes more than others but eventually you learn to beat it. after beating it couple times it becomes easy. that is not valid for al bosses but for most. I beat already maybe 10 boss by myself so your argument is wrong.

Bloodborne is 100% agressive so no excuse not to mow through enemies in 2 minutes. None of the bosses in bloodborne are that hard.

Also my argument isn't wrong, you needed help versus one of the weakest bosses and it takes you so long to defeat bosses that 2 minutes of help is little to you.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Do you tend to hide behind teammates in FPS game? Do you like to turtle in online fighting games? If yes then Dark Souls 3 will be a lot easier for you to turtle behind your shields all day, if you can manage your stamina efficiently. Though you should play Bloodborne first before the online community completely dies off.

ndarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 ndarker
Member since 2013 • 50 Posts

@tanerb: if you cant beat the bosses without npc help you are noob captain overlord

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Bloodborne first and dark souls 3 after

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#28 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

For a first game in the souls both are hard.

My first souls type game was Bloodborne and it was hard but I prefer the agressive style of Bloodborne and also the horror atmosphere that may have made the game harder because you are always tense.

The first boss is real joke but the second one ... holy shit ! after that you learn the look for the moves before you find the open window to attack and be agressive.

I didn't enjoy Dark Souls 3 at all, the medieval setting wasn,t for me but it is the defensive style that just isn,t it for me. I played as the pyromancer and it was more interesting for me ... especially for the first boss that is a complete joke with pyromancer. Dark Souls 3 is also very bright and almost happy event though it is hard while Bloodborne is super dark, you'll need a torch or the little lamp to see around you in some spot which add to that tense atmosphere.

Khazrak134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#29 Khazrak134
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

Bloodborne is the better game imo. Ive only played Demons Souls, Dark Souls 3, and Bloodborne. I love the agressive fighting style, and it was something i tried to mimic in Dark Souls 3 which failed horribly.

Bloodborne hit the sweet spot in difficulty imo. The Bosses are straight forward to defeat.... if youre paying attention. If you slip up, or dodge the wrong way, then youre punished. I think the lore and atmosphere is much more interesting that dark souls 3.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I'd say dark souls 3, because it has more variety to it. Bloodborne is just too limited as far as the game world goes. Dont get me wrong, BB is a great game, but I go so tired of the town...

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#31  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11669 Posts

Been mentioned in other threads countless times now. Dark Souls III is a superior game for many reasons to Bloodborne.

BB took some interesting concepts in different angles, but not all for the better, some are underwhelming, others are pointless. While DkSIII does everything right and is the best Souls game without question. DkSIII main flaw is playing it safe, but in doing so has the least flaws.

DkSIII is also best on PS4, I've got it on P.C. as well and the online community is awful. Full of hackers and players out to crash your game. So unless you want the Single-Player experience only? Go X1 or PS4.

For more information I'll pull this from a previously discussed debate of DkSIII V BB from GD-

I've finished both and have a clear favorite. However which you should favor is down to preference.

Bloodborne-

Has tighter, more fluid combat that relies on keeping you in the action, almost always. The Bosses 'mostly' are spectacular.

It's very much a horror/action/RPG hybrid game, what stats you upgrade are pretty superficial overall. As your options are limited in the long run. (Also worth noting stat called Arcane is completely useless investment compared to the more substantial stats) due to elements having a much less impactful role in BB.

Bloodborne is considerably shorter, with much less content and design variety. The game tries balancing this with poorly placed difficulty spikes to extend length.

The game is visually superior to DkS3, and certain world changing mechanics are a sight to behold.

The online features for BB are 'strange'; the Bell system works in random succession which makes dedicated PvP a chore in itself.

Framerate at times is an utter mess. Gets pretty bad half-way through the game, and is on par with Blighttown from DkS.

Due to its theme and way it progresses, BB is remarkably memorable. But not all for positive reasons.

Dark Souls 3-

The game let's you create pretty much your hearts desire. Having both a superior create mode, plus the overwhelming loot & choices in the game.

The gameplay is still a blast, but some weapons seem upright useless. And Battle Arts are less balanced /&_or/ useful over BBs weapon transformations.

The game is heavy on pleasing fans of the first Dark Souls through easter eggs. This is a pro or con depending if you favor nostalgia or originality. Fans of DkS2 will feel a tad disappointed as it only gives light references to that games existence and seems thrown in.

The overall plot seems very uninspired, and thrown together when compared to Bloodborne, it lacks the motive BB had and suffers as a result.

A more fun, fleshed out hub world. Making it really feel like a base/keep of the Unkindleds operations.

It feels like a complete game, with a ton of content. Solid PvP. And good range to experiment.

Conclusion-

I could chat more on each game; but both are very good games. . . However, Dark Souls 3 is my preferred game. Has more options and is a true RPG in every sense-of-the-form. Bloodborne felt like it wanted to be five different games, and as a result is far more inconsistent but that's what makes BB unique.

@putaspongeon: BB has a ton of problems. And you've shown in past threads how bias you can be towards 'PS4 exclusives', you've stated you didn't like the Soul games till BB as well in recent memory. And even dismissed what DkSIII and its first DLC had to offer. So it's pretty apparent you've barely played the latter game_

You can't overlook how good DkSIII is, but I commend your failed efforts.

Back to TC. If you want an Action game> as a nod back to DMC? Go for BB.

For any other reason, DkSIII is the game! It has far less flaws, superior replay value, and more stable/ superior online features.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PutASpongeOn

@RSM-HQ said:

Been mentioned in other threads countless times now. Dark Souls III is a superior game for many reasons to Bloodborne.

BB took some interesting concepts in different angles, but not all for the better, some are underwhelming, others are pointless. While DkSIII does everything right and is the best Souls game without question. DkSIII main flaw is playing it safe, but in doing so has the least flaws.

DkSIII is also best on PS4, I've got it on P.C. as well and the online community is awful. Full of hackers and players out to crash your game. So unless you want the Single-Player experience only? Go X1 or PS4.

For more information I'll pull this from a previously discussed debate of DkSIII V BB from GD-

I've finished both and have a clear favorite. However which you should favor is down to preference.

Bloodborne-

Has tighter, more fluid combat that relies on keeping you in the action, almost always. The Bosses 'mostly' are spectacular.

It's very much a horror/action/RPG hybrid game, what stats you upgrade are pretty superficial overall. As your options are limited in the long run. (Also worth noting stat called Arcane is completely useless investment compared to the more substantial stats) due to elements having a much less impactful role in BB.

Bloodborne is considerably shorter, with much less content and design variety. The game tries balancing this with poorly placed difficulty spikes to extend length.

The game is visually superior to DkS3, and certain world changing mechanics are a sight to behold.

The online features for BB are 'strange'; the Bell system works in random succession which makes dedicated PvP a chore in itself.

Framerate at times is an utter mess. Gets pretty bad half-way through the game, and is on par with Blighttown from DkS.

Due to its theme and way it progresses, BB is remarkably memorable. But not all for positive reasons.

Dark Souls 3-

The game let's you create pretty much your hearts desire. Having both a superior create mode, plus the overwhelming loot & choices in the game.

The gameplay is still a blast, but some weapons seem upright useless. And Battle Arts are less balanced /&_or/ useful over BBs weapon transformations.

The game is heavy on pleasing fans of the first Dark Souls through easter eggs. This is a pro or con depending if you favor nostalgia or originality. Fans of DkS2 will feel a tad disappointed as it only gives light references to that games existence and seems thrown in.

The overall plot seems very uninspired, and thrown together when compared to Bloodborne, it lacks the motive BB had and suffers as a result.

A more fun, fleshed out hub world. Making it really feel like a base/keep of the Unkindleds operations.

It feels like a complete game, with a ton of content. Solid PvP. And good range to experiment.

Conclusion-

I could chat more on each game; but both are very good games. . . However, Dark Souls 3 is my preferred game. Has more options and is a true RPG in every sense-of-the-form. Bloodborne felt like it wanted to be five different games, and as a result is far more inconsistent but that's what makes BB unique.

@putaspongeon: BB has a ton of problems. And you've shown in past threads how bias you can be towards 'PS4 exclusives', you've stated you didn't like the Soul games till BB as well in recent memory. And even dismissed what DkSIII and its first DLC had to offer. So it's pretty apparent you've barely played the latter game_

You can't overlook how good DkSIII is, but I commend your failed efforts.

Back to TC. If you want an Action game> as a nod back to DMC? Go for BB.

For any other reason, DkSIII is the game! It has far less flaws, superior replay value, and more stable/ superior online features.

I'm not biased towards ps4 exclusives, I don't have quite a few of them, heck the game people tout the most (uncharted 4), I have zero interest in owning. My interest in the ps4 over say the xbox one is due to the sheer quality of games like alienation, the king of fighters xiv, gravity rush 2, yakuza 0, world of final fantasy, etc etc. I have a pc really for 3rd party games, however the ps4 is objectively a console worth praising for it's exclusives.

I didn't say I didn't like the souls games till bb. I started the souls series because I was originally planning on starting with demon's souls but my californian friend said that I should get dark souls, then I found out the connection between them and agree and so her and I played that game on the ps3. Found out she only got into it via pewdiepie and had it already but yeah.

I view it like Bloodborne > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2

I haven't played a hell of a lot of demon's souls but I'd place it around dark souls 2 level.

See, more loot =/= better loot, just look at all the different versions of the same attack animation weapon on dark souls for example. Bloodborne goes "**** that" and gives you unique weapons that each have 2 types and has stuff like combos. For example, hitting enemies with different types and then changing to the other form of your trick weapon grows into an attack in the combo fluidly. Bloodborne has in my opinion better diversity of weapons and EVERY weapon is viable in the game.
I never had anything even close to blight town in frame rate, sounds like a horrible exaggeration, I honestly didn't have any trouble, it didn't run at 60fps 24/7 obviously like my pc can easily handle, however I never had problems with the frame rate. I would say part of the "visually superior" part comes from the exceptional design of Bloodborne.

I'm not a super fan of the souls series, even Bloodborne. I beat the game once then do another playthrough when I feel the itch to go back (possibly in ng+ mode sometimes)

I personally like the pvp in bloodborne a lot more than dark souls 3. The fact that you can use any weapon at least moderately well and there is a lot you can do with each weapon. The fact that if you shoot a person who is trying to heal, they get opened up for a visceral attack. The fact that you have to earn backstabs into of simply circle strafing. The speed of it.

Overall the only gripe I have with Bloodborne pvp is that due to it being on ps4 only, I'm not going to bother with it anymore since I don't plan on wasting money to play online, though that will change if sony changes it to where you can keep the games even if the subscription expires. The main reason bloodborne pvp is downed upon is because it's only on ps4 and therefore has a smaller number of players (not that this is different to stuff like dark souls, however stuff like rocket league have cross server). A lot of people also insult bloodborne since they don't have a ps4.

Also the dismissing what dks3 had to offer wasn't even me. You're mixing me up with another guy or you're mixing that specific conversation you had with someone else with me. Anyway I say pvp in bloodborne is better and it has more replay value. The bosses are great as well.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

1yr old topic, no-one cares.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#34  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11669 Posts

@GTR12: So it is. . . Haha I sometimes miss that :P

The question overall is asked too much on the forums anyway. And only @putaspongeon: keeps playing bias as much as possible, enough to cancel DkSIII out entirely. When most enjoy both.

Though you'll probably dismiss it. I may hunt down that thread later dood on you calling Souls games "mediocre" till Bloodborne came out. And viewed DkSIII a "bad" follow-up. So best not to act all rational when many here (above) have read on your thoughts previously.

And despite DkSIII using the same engine as BB, and using a more distinct palette of options and superior multiplayer functions. I don't know how you can continuously state BB is the only game worth the play. And though it does somethings better. The flaws I mentioned are not opinions, it's proven FACTS. It's the difference between being bias and being rational_

*PS4 is no reason why the Bell System barely works. I don't know how you 'magically' think it's better when its one of BBs most criticised features. I love PS4 games, I've had one since launch, got BB at launch, beat NG on launch-day. But looking back it's underwhelming for many reasons. And the positives barely hit even. If you PvP like I do? BB was a huge disappointment.

Only reason you seem to bad mouth DkSIII is because it's multiplatform, and that's a weak argument when you >can< play it on your PS4. Try it sometime!

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@RSM-HQ said:

@GTR12: So it is. . . Haha I sometimes miss that :P

The question overall is asked too much on the forums anyway. And only @putaspongeon: keeps playing bias as much as possible, enough to cancel DkSIII out entirely. When most enjoy both.

Though you'll probably dismiss it. I may hunt down that thread later dood on you calling Souls games "mediocre" till Bloodborne came out. And viewed DkSIII a "bad" follow-up. So best not to act all rational when many here (above) have read on your thoughts previously.

And despite DkSIII using the same engine as BB, and using a more distinct palette of options and superior multiplayer functions. I don't know how you can continuously state BB is the only game worth the play. And though it does somethings better. The flaws I mentioned are not opinions, it's proven FACTS. It's the difference between being bias and being rational_

*PS4 is no reason why the Bell System barely works. I don't know how you 'magically' think it's better when its one of BBs most criticised features. I love PS4 games, I've had one since launch, got BB at launch, beat NG on launch-day. But looking back it's underwhelming for many reasons. And the positives barely hit even. If you PvP like I do? BB was a huge disappointment.

Only reason you seem to bad mouth DkSIII is because it's multiplatform, and that's a weak argument when you >can< play it on your PS4. Try it sometime!

Did I get possessed by a supernatural demon where I started trashing dark souls 3 over a month? People keep putting words into my mouth and thinking I do thing. Dark Souls 3 is my second favorite.

It's worse than Bloodborne though.

I already stated why it's better, also the same engine, so? Horizon Zero Dawn and Killzone Shadowfall are on the same engine.

I'm not badmouthing it, I'm saying it's worse than Bloodborne.

Bloodborne's bosses are superior.

Bloodborne's combat is more thrilling due to the much more aggressive approach, including but not limited to no shields, getting health back on hits, and the increased focus on iframes.

Bloodborne's world design is more interesting.

Bloodborne has cool weapons.

Bloodborne has better aesthetic.

I view Dark Souls 3 as "let's make dark souls better" due to the popularity of the souls series.

I view Bloodborne as "So we have this kind of game, how can we make it fucking awesome? Add a damn rail gun on the tower."

No ty, Dark Souls 3 is pc for me, I dislike the concept that I might lose out on core aspects of a game if I don't get nickle and dimed for a subscrption fee. Plus I spent 1100 on a gaming pc.

I like the ps4 because it has good games. I don't like the games because they are on ps4.

I don't have Nioh but playing it prior to launch a few times, I think I might end up liking it more than dark souls 1 at least. Not sure about 3, will have to play it. It does add a lot like combos, skill trees, weapon stances, ki pulsing, etc etc. I'll need to get my hands on it. But yeah, I'm currently working my way through some games with a friend like dead nation apocalypse edition and resi 6, along with playing final fantasy 15.

I'm not that big a fan of the soulsborne, however they are pretty good. I wouldn't argue to in defense of Bloodborne, I guess I consider it one of the best games of the generation, however I've enjoyed games more.

Here is a list of games I'm interested in this year, as you can see, it's not a bunch of ps4 games, I'll get most on pc.

Star Citizen, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Ni no Kuni 2, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, Mass Effect Andromeda, A Hat in Time, Nex Machina, Matterfall, Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 3, Nier Automata, Styx: Shards of Darkness, Digimon World: New Order, Horizon Zero Dawn, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8, Little Nightmares, Get Even (possibly), Tekken 7, The Bard's Tale IV, Absolver, Ace Combat 7, Agents of Mayhem (possibly), Call of Cthulhu, Dauntless, Death's Gambit, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Drawn to Death, Dreadnought, Dreams, Earth Defense Force 5, Frozen Synapse 2, Gran Turismo Sport, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev.2, Lords of the Fallen 2 (if not just to see if they can improve on the first game to make a solid game), Mages of Mystralia, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Megaton Rainfall. LIGHTFIELD, New Hot Shots Golf, Nine Parchments, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon, Nidhogg 2, Outlast 2, Overkill's The Walking Dead, Pillars of the Earth, SpellForce 3, Starblood Arena, Star Control: Origins, State of Mind, Strafe, Sundered, The Guild 3, The Sexy Brutale, The Church in the Darkness, The Escapists 2, Thimbleweed Park, Tokyo 42, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Vampyr, Windjammers, What Remains of Edith Finch, WipEout: Omega Collection, Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles, etc etc

Call me a fanboy, but I think the games that interest me the most out of that list are Ni no Kuni 2, Yakuza 0 (have it), Yakuza Kiwami, Nex Machina, Matterfall, Dawn of War 3, Nier Automata, EDF 5, Nidhogg 2, Windjammers, WIpEout: Omega Collection, and Persona 5. Most of which are ps4 games. Do I like them due to being exclusives? Nah, however the ps4 is fucking sweet for having them as such. I could go through the list and say why each game is fucking great, none of which are because they are only on ps4. I'll most likely like every game on that list and probably quite a few others on the list above more than Bloodborne though. I like good games, and Bloodborne is a better game than dark souls 3.

PEA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PEA
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts
Loading Video...

swantn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 swantn5
Member since 2011 • 546 Posts

both are 20 bucks so why not save up and buy both?