Should I buy a Ps4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Unique-Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Unique-Warrior
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I was thinking of buying a Ps4, but I already have an Xbox One and it's no problem for me, I actually like it. Many of my friends are planing to buy Ps4's so I might aswell. I've watched Phil Spencer's interview about becoming the head of Xbox, and his plans for the future, and I believe in him, so now I'm stuck on whether I should buy a Ps4 or stay with only an Xbox one and see what the future holds. I ask for no fanboy non sense, although this is in "Playstation Discussion" lol. I've asked the same question to one of the PS agents, and all they said was "buy it and enjoy" which didn't really help me decide.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

A word of a man whos actions will take a few years to take effect... or a console already on that course?

Get both over time is the best answer.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

That's really something you have to research on your own. The main thing it comes down to is the games you're interested in playing, which we don't know the quantity of. If you're more interested in other features, the Xbox One probably already has you covered in that area. In the long run, it's definitely not a bad idea to get a PS4 as there should be plenty of great exclusives in the future. Again, it's just up to whether or not you have interest in the PS4s current library or what is known of its future library.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Are you interested in Infamous second son and future playstation exclusives? If the answer is yes than get one.

I think its a really good value at $399 for what your getting. Try to get the Infamous bundle.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4195 Posts

@unique-warrior: There's really one simple answer. Look at the games only coming to Playstation 4. If you want to spend 400$ to play those games, then you should get a ps4. If you want a bunch of strangers to talk you into it, you probably just want an excuse to spend money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

If you like RPGs, definitly get a PS4. It's going to have alot more than X1. I bought it for the MMOs and better controller. The touch pad makes all the difference.

Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Carl_W21
Member since 2004 • 2021 Posts

If you do and if your not already....sign up to PS+

I think main factors are money and future usage.

For me, I could buy one now....but....I have PS3 games, games on Steam, just got a 3DS XL, 360 games that I want to get through before I get a PS4.

If the money is there and you know you will use it, then....Why not ?

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

Wait for E3 and see whats in store for both consoles nuf said

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Should I go take a shit, should I go to the movies tonight? Should I go wash my car, what happens if it rains though?

No offense but this is a stupid question. No one here can tell you whether or not you should buy a PS4, open up another browser and do some research on the console and the games it has to offer, and than decide.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@BattleSpectre: amen ...I get tired of this question. Do your own research like o did before getting my ps4 day one release. No there are no exclusives now to compare and say it's better than xbox one but it is a more powerful system and the exclusives are co ing and I love the new controller.

Second son isn't a system seller as far as overall gameplay besides maybe graphics from what I have read but neither is forza(which I played) now titanfall without offline play). No one will know which system will have the best games but I do know which is the best system for games ...ps4 of course. Too many developers admit by specs and hands on with both sysyems that xbox one will never match ps4 and not just in resolutions.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Buy it and enjoy.

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ShangTsung7
Member since 2014 • 250 Posts

i would.. tho i will tell you its nothing special, so don't be expecting some jaw dropping masterpiece of a console, its not that impressive but compared to the xb1 its easily the better choice of the two, and since the only other option is the WiiU its worth purchasing a ps4 console to stay in the game.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

I own both consoles as well. I think the only way to answer your question is for you to ask yourself what games that are coming only to the PS4 are you interested in? I personally have enjoyed KZSF(campaign, the MP SUX hard), Knack(fun game despite what the trolls on here say and don't pay attention to the reviews), Resogun while not at all a system seller is a nice throw back to the games of 30 years ago like Defender and it looks amazing! Infamous Second Son is a fun, super hero type game, also not a system seller in my mind, but a very good game. I think that MLB The Show 14 will sell some consoles as it is the only baseball game out there. Future games like The Last of Us(for those of us who didn't play it on the PS3), The Order 1886, Drive Club, Deep Down and whatever E3 brings to us will also be worthy purchases. Also remember that the PS4 is home to better versions of almost every multiplat and that will continue with Watch Dogs, Destiny and others!

The bottom line is that owning both consoles is the way to go ultimately. That way you don't miss out on anything and you will never wonder if you made the right or wrong choice!

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

go for it i buy PS4

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#15 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@unique-warrior: depends on what you want to do with it. Sony is going to make more exclusive games. So if you want more experiences compared to the Xbox, then buy the PS4. but if you mostly buy third party games. Stick with the Xbox unless you really care about resolution

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#16  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

If I were in the States, I'd have bought it as soon as it hit the stores. Since it's so cheap there, I would not even think about it. Yet, it's expensive in some countries, thus we wait a tad to get it cheaper. I can buy it online for about 500$ here. Everyday it gets relatively cheaper.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Not until Naughty Dog and/or Quantic Dream make something for it :P

Avatar image for deactivated-59cda6205cc59
deactivated-59cda6205cc59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#18  Edited By deactivated-59cda6205cc59
Member since 2012 • 122 Posts

By all means, yes you should.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I have all the current machines (Xbone, PC, 3DS, Wii U, Vita, PS4, 360, PS3, Wii, etc).

@unique-warrior said:

I was thinking of buying a Ps4, but I already have an Xbox One and it's no problem for me, I actually like it. Many of my friends are planing to buy Ps4's so I might aswell. I've watched Phil Spencer's interview about becoming the head of Xbox, and his plans for the future, and I believe in him, so now I'm stuck on whether I should buy a Ps4 or stay with only an Xbox one and see what the future holds. I ask for no fanboy non sense, although this is in "Playstation Discussion" lol. I've asked the same question to one of the PS agents, and all they said was "buy it and enjoy" which didn't really help me decide.

There's your problem. You buy into PR and marketing, you shouldn't do that. It's going to take a LONG time to produce, and that's even if he's sincere.

Let history and facts be your guide. PS4 is cheaper, more powerful, PS+ gives you games every month and it's $10 cheaper a year.

I like Xbox Live on Xbone, but I don't get any games for Gold for Xbone. Actions speak louder than words. Then looking at 1st party support history of the PS360, or PS2Xbox is also something one should consider.

The Xbone is cool, but it's only for exclusives in my house.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Wait for E3, personally though if I had the money to buy one now I would.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#21 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

@SolidTy said:

I have all the current machines (Xbone, PC, 3DS, Wii U, Vita, PS4, 360, PS3, Wii, etc).

@unique-warrior said:

Actions speak louder than words.

Co-sign.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

Your on a PlayStation message board, of course people will be bias. I've been a long loyal Sony fan, and have not regretted a single console.

The PS3 was slow out of the gate, and also being a 360 owner I found my PS3 to be the better console in terms of games, but that is of course subjective depending on your tastes.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Keep your Xbox one and get a Playstation 4. This way you are set for the entire 8th generation of games. I have a PS4 and love it. I have 11 retail disc based games. already and 1 digital downloaded game Sound shapes. Plus the monthly free PSPlus rentals.

PS4 is worth it. I intend to get an Xbox one when Halo 5 or Gears of War 5 are released.

Have both consoles. PS4 is worth it,

MWright469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MWright469
Member since 2014 • 168 Posts

Honestly man, unless you already have one, just get a PS3. Ridiculous amount of good games, free online, tons of multimedia features, and one of the best controllers ever made. Not to mention, the games are criminally cheap right now. But, if you really must, yes, get a Playstation 4. I've heard it's pretty cool, and Killzone: Shadow Fall looks extremely tight.