Should I buy a Ps3? Questions inside

This topic is locked from further discussion.

adam483t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 adam483t
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Hey guys, I've been thinking about something for awhile now. Do I want to buy a Ps3?

My favorite Series is the Final Fantasy series, with a close second being Kingdom Hearts. I love RPGs incredibly, and I'll play any one as long as it's entertaining. JRPGs are preferred, due to the length, and usually I'm just overall attracted to them. Awesome, although they can be cliche.

I'm also a fan of most other games as well, such as Adventure/Action/Platformer.

Judging by this information, do you think I should buy one? Also, can you reccomend me any games that stand out from these descriptions? I've been looking at the Ps3 for awhile now..and it just looks so sleek and sexy.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
It's a great all-around system. Definitely a great video game console to own. But honestly, what'd you expect from the PS3 boards? :P
davidkamayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 davidkamayor
Member since 2008 • 1642 Posts

Hey guys, I've been thinking about something for awhile now. Do I want to buy a Ps3?

My favorite Series is the Final Fantasy series, with a close second being Kingdom Hearts. I love RPGs incredibly, and I'll play any one as long as it's entertaining. JRPGs are preferred, due to the length, and usually I'm just overall attracted to them. Awesome, although they can be cliche.

I'm also a fan of most other games as well, such as Adventure/Action/Platformer.

Judging by this information, do you think I should buy one? Also, can you reccomend me any games that stand out from these descriptions? I've been looking at the Ps3 for awhile now..and it just looks so sleek and sexy.

adam483t

Yes get a PS3

and wait as far as I've seen WRPGs are longer than JRPGS

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

adam483t

Well, now is not a bad time to get a PS3. There are a lot of games that might entertain you in the genres you listed. Look at the reviews of these games and decide for yourself :

Uncharted : Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2 : Among Thieves
Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy VS XIII
God of War 3
inFamous
inFamous 2
Ratchet and Clank Future : Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank Future : Quest for Booty
Ratchet and Clank Future : A Crack in Time
Valkyria Chronicles
Demon's Souls

The PS3 is a great console and you should buy it to play its exclusives. They are fantastic.

Semantia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Semantia
Member since 2008 • 185 Posts

I'll try to give as close to an honest opinion I can to help you out. I got my ps3 3 years ago now, could not be happier with it. Unfortunately last month it died. But I got over it. I also own a 360, however I gave that to my brother and get it back every now and again to play something on it. I gave it to him last january, and i'll take it back for a week when Fable III comes out, assuming it's still working.

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

Yes you should. PS3 seems like the perfect console for you. :)

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
If you do buy a PS3 make sure you buy Valkyria Chronicles its a great JRPG with a fantastic battle system, story, art style, characters and presentation. You wont regret it :)
INfErNo_GaMeRs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 INfErNo_GaMeRs
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Ya man, go buy a PS3! There the best!

Vomalities

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Vomalities
Member since 2007 • 140 Posts

I've heard somewhere that the 360 has a better and varied lineup of RPG games. However, I'll give you some specific reasons to get a PS3:

1. Certain specific PS3 games are just absolutely legendary. The top of my list of exclusives are God of War 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, and LittleBigPlanet (although second is coming soon and it seems 10x better).

2. The Dualshock 3 controller (I heard) is more comfortable with fighting games.

3. Free online.

Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

I play all three consoles, but mostly PS3 and Wii.

For action/adventure/platform, PS3 is an ideal system. It has great platformers like Ratchet and Clank and Little Big Planet. None of them can compare to Nintendo's platformers, but they are great nonetheless. The upcoming Heroes on the Move looks great. Great action games Like God of War and adventure like Uncharted. (A bigger list has already been provided above) Plenty of good third party titles and multiplats in these areas as well, such as Prototype, Devil Mary Cry, Prince of Persia, etc. I feel the 360 is lacking in this particular area, aside from the multiplats. The Wii is the overall champ of Platformers, but the PS3 offersa lot more action and adventure.

For JRPGs though, I know of more good ones on the 360. My brother is a bigger JRPG fan than me, and that's why he bought the 360. PS3 still has it's share though, and although Final Fantasy 13 is also on the 360, Final Fantasy 13 VS is still going to be a PS3 exclusive I believe.

Overall, I feel PS3 offers the most variety in terms of games available. Based on your interests, I'd say it'll be a good buy.