This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Joystick_n_hand
Joystick_n_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Joystick_n_hand
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts
I am really on the fence about picking up a psp. There are some titles that sound appealing to me...but i just don't know. Give me some reason why I should...or shouldn't get a PSP.
aznstyle11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 aznstyle11
Member since 2008 • 1125 Posts

Wow alot of people sure want PSPs lately. Like I saw before just wait for the new one to come out. PSP is a great portable, if you get bored of playing your games just watch your videos or listen to your music. Plus it has great graphics games (most of the time).

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
yes do it
VHRS05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 VHRS05
Member since 2008 • 542 Posts

Wow alot of people sure want PSPs lately. Like I saw before just wait for the new one to come out. PSP is a great portable, if you get bored of playing your games just watch your videos or listen to your music. Plus it has great graphics games (most of the time).

aznstyle11

I agree with him, maybe because holiday season is comming near. And yes PSP is a great device you can even do your net surfing there. Plus most of the games are really good.

preitje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 preitje
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts

It's pretty cool ofcourse, but a big big minus point is that you only can play a couple of hours before you have to recharge the battery....
It's a big turn-off for me for sure.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Here's how I see it.

People may criticise the PSP for not having many games, but I just say that for the games it has, it's totally worth it.

The DS may have a lot, but the best PSP games are equal to the best DS games.

So both systems are great and worth it.

VHRS05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 VHRS05
Member since 2008 • 542 Posts

It's pretty cool ofcourse, but a big big minus point is that you only can play a couple of hours before you have to recharge the battery....
It's a big turn-off for me for sure.

preitje

You can play for almost 5 hrs, even more sometimes (depends on your psp settings) and you can always charge it either via adapter, USB or car charger so I think its battery life span is not that bad.

centerside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 centerside
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts
The battery life is good for me but when I play god of war it's kinda cut short. it depends on what games you play i think, and settings you have.
preitje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 preitje
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts

I heard from a friend of mine, that he could only play for like 4 hours. The new psp will even have a shorter playtime (between charging). If I would play any game on it, I will continually wonder if the battery is almost low. Very annoying if you ask me.

deku-shrub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deku-shrub
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts
i own a psp and ds and the psp is easyly better
Halokid94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Halokid94
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts
Mini movie player, music player, browse the web. games with better sounds and graphics (unlike the DS), Grand Theft Auto on the go, soon to be Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep,Final Fantasy Dissidia, God of War,and that's pretty much it on my list but i'm sure you'll discover more things.
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

Here's how I see it.

People may criticise the PSP for not having many games, but I just say that for the games it has, it's totally worth it.

The DS may have a lot, but the best PSP games are equal to the best DS games.

So both systems are great and worth it.

ASK_Story
I completly agree, both have their strengths and weakness's but they are both great systems.
B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#14 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts
dont worry about the battery life so much the PSP will let you know when it's running dry (battery light starts to blink), 4 to 5 hrs of gameplay is alot on one charge, especially when you see some of the games in action, God of War, Monster Hunter, Crisis Core, Gta, and stand up right next to the ps2 version of the game. also if you're going to be out for long periods of time you may want to invest in a better battery (the original psp battery last about 7 to 8 hrs and the extended one last even longer). There are a bunch of great game on the PSP that make it worth having, plus all the extra features like music, video, skype, web browser are included. If you plan on getting it might as well wait for the new version 3000 model, but if you cna't the surrent 2000 model is fine.
Darth_Tic-Tac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Darth_Tic-Tac
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts
Not a big question. GET IT. It is a revolutionary handheld that lets you listen to your music, watch your videos, and did I mention the games? I mean, games like Tekken, Def Jam, Metal Gear Solid, NFS, Burnout, CoD, MoH.... are all there and it has some sweet unique titles. And things are looking up as both Square Enix and Capcom are VERY interested in PSP development. So should you get it? You bet you should. :)
UnamedThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 UnamedThing
Member since 2008 • 1761 Posts
First of all, make your own decisions, don't let random people over the internet( who could be sony employees for all you know) convince you. Secondly; just read the 100, 000 other threads that are the same thing. And to answer future questions yes I am feeling pissed off today.:evil:
Franconomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Franconomicon
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

First of all, make your own decisions, don't let random people over the internet( who could be sony employees for all you know) convince you. Secondly; just read the 100, 000 other threads that are the same thing. And to answer future questions yes I am feeling pissed off today.:evil:UnamedThing

Pliz, Don't create a bad ambience in the forum, if you are pissed of, take a rest, solve your problems or do something. Each person CAN question about "should I" and if you dislike it, don't read it, don't post it...

there are people that want to help other people, and not necessarily they have to work for SONY

Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts

It is a must-own for a collector (it jut opens up another pathway for games to come into your life).

It has a solid library of RPG's, sports, puzzlers and a okay selection of stealth/shooter games.

The cases are awesome too. And the PSP makes a good MP3 player as well. If you have a PS3 and wi-fi conection you can play your PS1 games on it...

I dunno enough reasons yet?