shoud i get the 40gb or 80gb

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FreeMan5407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FreeMan5407
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts

well here is the deal ,

the 60 gb where i live is difficult to find i from puerto rico btw

the supervisor at gamestop said the 40 gb is only a rumor and if it come is in the holidays season

i have crappy ps2 games that never going to play it again , spiderman 3 is a meh movie , so what the ps3 40 gb offer me is only the cheaper price

however the 80 gb have partial BC which my brother want to buy it , because he want to play some ps2 games and for me the only ps2 game i want to play is god of war 2 nothing more and the free motorstorm copy is meh too i don't like racing games so i have a dilemma

but here is the thing my brother tell me if i get the 80 gb , he is going to pay me $80

yeah i know i should the 80gb then but $500 is alot of money

i think i going to buy the 80 gb tomorrow but i don't know

alexmanny01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 alexmanny01
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts
i would get the 80 gb for the game...plus you never know when you might want to put in an old ps2 game
ryank285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ryank285
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts

well here is the deal ,

the supervisor at gamestop said the 40 gb is only a rumor and if it come is in the holidays season

i have crappy ps2 games that never going to play it again , spiderman 3 is a meh movie , so what the ps3 40 gb offer me is only the cheaper price

however the 80 gb have partial BC which my brother want to buy it , because he want to play some ps2 games and for me the only ps2 game i want to play is god of war 2 nothing more and the free motorstorm copy is meh too i don't like racing games so i have a dilemma

but here is the thing my brother tell me if i get the 80 gb , he is going to pay me $80

FreeMan5407

id go with the 80gb... you get more harddrive space and a free game for the same price. backwards compatibility isnt really that important, you are supposed to be playing ps3 games anyway.

ghettokid15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ghettokid15
Member since 2003 • 947 Posts

me personally if i didnt have 2 of my favorite ps2 games i would have waited to get the 40 so if u have NO DESIRE TO PLAY any ps2 than go with the 40g

xooco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xooco
Member since 2007 • 521 Posts

well here is the deal ,

FreeMan5407

Hey man, I'm from PR too and don't believe the gamespot guys ever. Go and check walmart and see if they still have the 60gb one. Or check if you can buy it online like I just did. For $500 I got the PS3 60gb, a blue ray remote and Warhawk. But yeah, Gamespot employees are not very smart, specially in our little tiny island.

If you don't have another option go for the 80gb one based on your situation.

EDIT: I forgot about the no other language rule.

FreeMan5407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FreeMan5407

cool you are from P.R. TOO

yo no lo compro en el internet no confio , pero tu dices q en walmart los tiene el de 60 gb y donde compraste el tuyo?

xooco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xooco
Member since 2007 • 521 Posts

cool you are from P.R. TOO

yo no lo compro en el internet no confio , pero tu dices q en walmart los tiene el de 60 gb y donde compraste el tuyo?

FreeMan5407

Speak english, mods don't like that much spanish :D. But Im pretty sure walmart should have a few left. I bought mine online with a special offer, I just did in fact. But again, if you can't find the 60gb the 80gb is best. Specially if your brother is giving you 80 bucks.

Kruegmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 Kruegmeister
Member since 2003 • 539 Posts
40 Gig Has No Memory Card Reader Slots, However you can use USB Memory Sticks. 40 Gig Has No Backwards Compatibility. 80 Gig has pretty good Backwards Compatibility, 80-90% Getting better with each Firmware. The 80 Gig comes bundled with MotorStorm which is a really good game. ($60 value) So from what you've described as your needs I would say you would be best served by the 80 Gig.
FreeMan5407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FreeMan5407

thanks guys , i think i will go for the 80 gb i mean my brother would pay 80 bucks why not , im not dumb but still im looking for better solution , tomorrow im gong to different store to see .

hey xooco what part ofP.R. you live or you living in another country?

BJBond007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BJBond007
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts
the memory fills up fast, my 60g has like 10g left idont know were it all went
buffysummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 buffysummer
Member since 2004 • 804 Posts

well here is the deal ,

FreeMan5407

I don't know what you should do; but, try to get the 60 gb, try on internet or buy it at the Dominican Republic, there still a lot of the 60 gb version there and it is so close to Puerto Rico. If you can't get it, buy the 80 GB.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dc1155346926
deactivated-5dc1155346926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 deactivated-5dc1155346926
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts
go 80gig man it's better than getting the 40 gig on all levels. More features, more USB inputs, it reads SD's and mini SDs, backwards compatible...it's the works. No true reason to get the 40 over the 80 unless it's a money issue.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
go 80gig man it's better than getting the 40 gig on all levels. More features, more USB inputs, it reads SD's and mini SDs, backwards compatible...it's the works. No true reason to get the 40 over the 80 unless it's a money issue.kenken2g
Indeedily-doodily.
CrimsonGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CrimsonGX
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Why not just give the PS2 to your brother and buy the 40 gb when it comes out?

Motorstorm isn't very good. I like it, but I wouldn't pay $60 for it. If anything, try to get the 60 gb deal with the remote and game of your choice.

KrzyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KrzyJoe
Member since 2004 • 503 Posts
yeah the guys from gamestop in PR don't knowcrap
CrimsonGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CrimsonGX
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
The majority of gamespot employees don't know crap. This goes for *everywhere*. Research it yourself before you get hyped up or bummed out.