Selling Games Back to Gamestop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hunner2415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hunner2415
Member since 2006 • 83 Posts

Is there a website that shows the price list for what Gamestop will pay to buy games?

valgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 valgear
Member since 2005 • 2087 Posts
No, because the trade-in values change daily, its best to just call them.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

Don't sell to gamestop put them on ebay you will get more for them.

doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts
If not try blockbuster i traded in 3 PS3 games and got $95 in store credit...
Vasilli24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vasilli24
Member since 2002 • 143 Posts

yeah dont go through gamestop they will rip you off.

BelAir1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BelAir1
Member since 2007 • 338 Posts

If not try blockbuster i traded in 3 PS3 games and got $95 in store credit...doesntcare

what about in cash?

ZOnikJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ZOnikJJ
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts
Trading in games is such a waste. You really should just eBay your old games. Personally, I like to keep every single game I have, and just store them all away when the next generation of consoles comes along.
doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts
Since i would be saving the cash to buy other crap else where, i would rather have the store credit to get other games or movies
spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts

[QUOTE="doesntcare"]If not try blockbuster i traded in 3 PS3 games and got $95 in store credit...BelAir1

what about in cash?

I know at gamestop it is 5 dollars less than getting it in store credit as for blockbuster Im not sure because I never traded games there
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
I would not trade it into gamestop or EB...i find that i get more money if i trade it into blockbuster...if you have one near you give them a try
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

If not try blockbuster i traded in 3 PS3 games and got $95 in store credit...doesntcare

i dont know if all blockbusters buy games. the one near me barely even sells games ,and the used ones they sell are previous rentals.

and to the TC, i think EACH gamestop store sets the prices for what they pay for games. and that probably changes every day. BUT you'd think somebody would make a website that would list what stores were paying each day for popular games, but i havent seen one yet.

ER777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ER777
Member since 2008 • 377 Posts

I would also not recommend trading in your games at gamestop. I asked about 3 games and they offered $20 total for the three. They did offer me a great deal where if I traded in all 3 they would only charge me $20 for one other used game... seriously? I looked at their used game prices and they were a joke. A few games there were $60 new and $55 used and not one game had more than a $10 price difference between new and used. The gaming community is definitely better off using something like Ebay rather than being charged $40 to use stores like gamestop as a middleman.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Check out GOOZEX ... you trade your games to other users for points that can be spent on other user's games. I do this all the time, it's safe, you get fair retail value on your trades.

If they ask you if someone referred you, give them my name "jqtaxpayer" ... I'm sure they give me points if I get people to go on. But if they don't, whatever... still check it out. The only games I trade back to Gamestop are the ones where it isn't worth me going out and buying a shipping envelope for them.

zombie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zombie91
Member since 2005 • 567 Posts

Check out GOOZEX ... you trade your games to other users for points that can be spent on other user's games. I do this all the time, it's safe, you get fair retail value on your trades.

If they ask you if someone referred you, give them my name "jqtaxpayer" ... I'm sure they give me points if I get people to go on. But if they don't, whatever... still check it out. The only games I trade back to Gamestop are the ones where it isn't worth me going out and buying a shipping envelope for them.

Generic_Dude

You beat me to it. As you can see from my sig, I'm a big Goozex'er. Over 100 trades out so far and over 80 in. Best deal out there for gamers. If you go through games then it's what you need.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
[QUOTE="Generic_Dude"]

zombie91

You beat me to it. As you can see from my sig, I'm a big Goozex'er. Over 100 trades out so far and over 80 in. Best deal out there for gamers. If you go through games then it's what you need.

lol, I try and name drop them whenever I can around here, because a lot of people here would get something out of it... and obviously it increases the amount of games available for trade. I'm a really big fan, as you can see -- I'm always worried about people thinking I'm a spammer or something, lol. I just really think it's the best thing to happen in game retail for a while.

Hunner2415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hunner2415
Member since 2006 • 83 Posts
I put some games up on there, but it looks like it's going to take awhile! Also, newer games seem to be impossible to get! Is this always true?
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 THE_BRUTALIZER
Member since 2008 • 3488 Posts

Is there a website that shows the price list for what Gamestop will pay to buy games?

Hunner2415

Dont even bother. I traded in 29 ps2 games and got about 70 bucks. thats about 3 dollars a game and they arent even real bucks. you can only use the money at gamestop.

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 THE_BRUTALIZER
Member since 2008 • 3488 Posts

I put some games up on there, but it looks like it's going to take awhile! Also, newer games seem to be impossible to get! Is this always true?Hunner2415

not if you are a playstation ninja like me.

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

Blockbuster .. up to 35 dollars for any game .. don't matter how old it is.

But do not go to Gamestop ..

gatorforlife07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 gatorforlife07
Member since 2007 • 1098 Posts
Gamestop rips you off
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts

-Renegade
ya but store crdit sux at block buster!! i always saell my games in to craiglist, i get like almost 2times as much as gamestop store credit., cragslist and ebay are the way to go., although they can take weeks, even months at times!
Mix-Master_415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Mix-Master_415
Member since 2008 • 205 Posts
You guys are right, I need to stop getting ripped off by them. I guess the only reason I go there is because it's fast. It's been a while since I sold a game.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
[QUOTE="-Renegade"]

StealthKnife

ya but store crdit sux at block buster!! i always saell my games in to craiglist, i get like almost 2times as much as gamestop store credit., cragslist and ebay are the way to go., although they can take weeks, even months at times!

Use ebay dude :lol: I put my games up for 24 hours and they always sell for $30+. :D

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Goozex sounds interesting. I might have to check it out.
goodgunda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 goodgunda
Member since 2008 • 293 Posts

Dont trade it in to gamestop. You'll get more money on ebay or sell it to a friend or somewhere.

Why not trade it to gamestop??? Well, heres my story:

I ordered SyphonFilter: LS from Buy.com and then sentthe game to me. next week they sent me the game again for some reason without charging me. So i keep the game because i am evil :twist:. Then, i thought i can get some good money from gamestop because it was BRAND NEW, UNOPENED WITH THE PLASTIC STILL ON. So i go there and ask how much they would give me (was expecting like $35 since it was a $40 game), and guess how much they said they would pay??? Lousy $12!

I am like WTF!?!?!? I yelled "WTF!? Thats retarded, its brand new you cheap bastards!" in their face.

itwiz90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 itwiz90
Member since 2003 • 3037 Posts
The market value of these games change daily, so you must call it in, like a stock broker, a broke stock broker, LMAO