Screwed up my Mass Effect 2 playthrough, need advice

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

So I really messed up my ME2 game this time around. Both Miranda and Samara aren't loyal to me, and I have no way to make them as far as I can tell, I accidentally passed up on getting Legion (I said "Cerberus gets him", thinking it meant I would get him, but nope), and I decided to romance Kelly Chambers instead of Miranda this time around.

First of all, on the Miranda/Samara loyalty fronts, that is Bioware dropping the ball. Samara's loyalty mission is waaaayyy too easy to fail, and with no secondary option (seriously) if you fail... oh well. As for Miranda, after 20 hours of gameplay, I make ONE decision against her, siding with Jack, and now she hates my guts? Really Bioware? Thanks for the artificial relationships that don't really hold any weight...

So long story short, I don't have Legion, Miranda and Samara are almost definitely going to die, and I made a whole lot of decisions I'm not all that happy with in the intro sequence to try and "change up" my experience from when I played it on the 360. For instance, I killed the Council in the intro comic, which I thought would mean I would just have a new council, but nope, Bioware is too lazy to actually play that out for us, so they just take them out all together. I also killed Wrex, which worked out okay I suppose, but now I find out that Wrex plays a significant role in the final game.

In short, I am NOT happy with the save data I have now, but I don't want to go back and redo all that stuff again, as it is going to just beat me down to the point where I don't even want to play ME3. So I pose this question to you:

Based on how much impact your save data has, is it worth finishing the game (just about done, only have the last mission to go), or just starting ME3 from scratch and making all the decisions I wish I would have made. I already know what happens in the previous games obviously, and I feel as though the story will still impact me. But if having save data and not having save data make HUGE differences (to give you an idea of how I feel, ME2 did almost nothing with imported data, other than the way your guy looked and some really subtle changes to the world... starting from scratch at the beginnign of ME2 and making the decisions either in the comic or in the convo with Miranda and Jacob had the same effect), I don't want to go into it cold. So what do you guys think?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
That's not Bioware dropping the ball, man... I've done like 6+ playthroughs of ME2 and I have never failed Samara's (or any) loyalty mission.. And yeah, if you give one of the paragon or renegade responses when Jack and Miranda fight they will both be loyal and just get over it.. But, if you just want them to live, you can just switch to the easiest difficulty, it's still kind of random, but much higher chances of everyone living.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Essian

That's not Bioware dropping the ball, man... I've done like 6+ playthroughs of ME2 and I have never failed Samara's (or any) loyalty mission.. And yeah, if you give one of the paragon or renegade responses when Jack and Miranda fight they will both be loyal and just get over it.. But, if you just want them to live, you can just switch to the easiest difficulty, it's still kind of random, but much higher chances of everyone living.MethodManFTW

Chances are if you didn't fail Samara's mission the first time, you won't because you will know what to do. Furthermore, my problem was that if you fail the dialogue section, there is no second chance. It's just instant failure. Secondly, I didn't have max Paragon points to talk to Jack/Miranda with, and even about to go off on the shuttle mission where all the screw get kidnapped, I am like half a bar away from full Paragon. Requiring full status on either one of them felt like fault to me. And yeah, having that ONE decision completely destroy all that relationship with Miranda feels artificial and lame. So I consider those BOTH the fault of bioware.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

In the Jack vs Miranda argument you have to have an extremely high paragon or renegade score and choose the paragon or renegade option. Samara's loyalty mission is pretty much impossible to fail..actually all of them except for maybe Tali's. Do not try to get mixed alignment. Focus on one not both. You can't play this game "properly" if your paragon or renegade score aren't high enough.

4dr1el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 4dr1el
Member since 2012 • 2380 Posts

Lol, I lost Jacks loyalty because I chose Miranda side on the argument (only because I wanted to nail Yvon... er I mean, Miranda). Tough luck men...

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

It's a role playing game, if you want a perfect playthrough, consult a guide.

Tornesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Tornesol
Member since 2010 • 89 Posts

I messed up that Miranda vs Jack argument too.. But if I recall it right.. Both of them survive the final act. If you have been loyal too both of them troughout the game. Thats what I remember anyways :)

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Essian

In the Jack vs Miranda argument you have to have an extremely high paragon or renegade score and choose the paragon or renegade option. Samara's loyalty mission is pretty much impossible to fail..actually all of them except for maybe Tali's. Do not try to get mixed alignment. Focus on one not both. You can't play this game "properly" if your paragon or renegade score aren't high enough.

kage_53

apparently it's not that hard to fail, because I managed to do it by choosing the Art and Music dialogue options in chat. And suddenly she just got up and left... and there was no way to fix that mission... fail Bioware...

tab134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 tab134
Member since 2011 • 346 Posts

if im in a mission and i make a really bad dialog mistake, i just goto load and hit 'restart mission'. I also create a new save everytime I quit. Didn't have a problem with samara, just let her do her sh*t. The jack and miranda thing is pretty annoying though, but still i don't really care if miranda makes it into my mass effect 3 playthrough.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="kage_53"]

Essian

apparently it's not that hard to fail, because I managed to do it by choosing the Art and Music dialogue options in chat. And suddenly she just got up and left... and there was no way to fix that mission... fail Bioware...

It seems you're really awful at this game

If playing casual is still too hard, buy a guide.

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Covers-All-Platforms/dp/0307890074/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331319236&sr=8-1

Maybe a mix of casual and a guide will help you able to play it?

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Essian

[QUOTE="Essian"]

[QUOTE="kage_53"]

Jaysonguy

It seems you're really awful at this game

If playing casual is still too hard, buy a guide.

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Covers-All-Platforms/dp/0307890074/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331319236&sr=8-1

Maybe a mix of casual and a guide will help you able to play it?

is that really necessary? I mean come on, no need to be rude. I was just saying it's easier to fail than the guy was saying...

anyway, I ended up just finishing the game to import the save. Didn't want to feel like I wasted 20 hours