SCEA: Home Beta for August 26

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
As you probably already know, there will be a Home expanded beta opening it's doors to a group of lucky PS3 owners by the end of the summer. While European Playstation owners have received confirmation E-mails as well as previous Home beta testers, the rest of us are stuck wondering when we will receive our shot to experience the revolutionary social gaming application. Well, I think I may have the answer you looking for.

Today at 7:50 PM (EST) I dialed the number for SCEA Consumer Support. I was greeted by a woman named Betty. I asked Betty "When is the Home expanded beta going to be released?". Silence struck my ear for two or three seconds. Then Betty exclaimed, "August 26!". Could this be true? I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming (don't worry I wasn't). I asked Betty the question again and she replied with the same answer. Suddenly, Betty said something suspicious. She said "Oops!". As I thought in my head what she meant by oops, I started to get nervous. Betty went on to tell me that she wasn't suppose to tell me that the beta was to come out on August 26th.

After hanging up with Betty I called SCEA several more times. The majority of the representatives didn't even answer my question. In fact they danced around it like it was prom night. At last! Someone actually gave me a decent answer. A Sony Rep. named Darien said that I can expect the Home expanded beta very soon. He went on to tell me that you can let four other people on your PSN and download the Home Beta Client like you can with games.

NazzyQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NazzyQ
Member since 2005 • 1153 Posts
Well PSN is down for maintenance today... so who knows? Only time will tell
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts
If I come back from work and see a Home icon, I am going to pe myself.
nobodylive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 nobodylive
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts
psn is back
river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
lol i hope sony doesnt read that, or betty is getting canned
LiquidDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LiquidDom
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts

As you probably already know, there will be a Home expanded beta opening it's doors to a group of lucky PS3 owners by the end of the summer. While European Playstation owners have received confirmation E-mails as well as previous Home beta testers, the rest of us are stuck wondering when we will receive our shot to experience the revolutionary social gaming application. Well, I think I may have the answer you looking for.

Today at 7:50 PM (EST) I dialed the number for SCEA Consumer Support. I was greeted by a woman named Betty. I asked Betty "When is the Home expanded beta going to be released?". Silence struck my ear for two or three seconds. Then Betty exclaimed, "August 26!". Could this be true? I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming (don't worry I wasn't). I asked Betty the question again and she replied with the same answer. Suddenly, Betty said something suspicious. She said "Oops!". As I thought in my head what she meant by oops, I started to get nervous. Betty went on to tell me that she wasn't suppose to tell me that the beta was to come out on August 26th.

After hanging up with Betty I called SCEA several more times. The majority of the representatives didn't even answer my question. In fact they danced around it like it was prom night. At last! Someone actually gave me a decent answer. A Sony Rep. named Darien said that I can expect the Home expanded beta very soon. He went on to tell me that you can let four other people on your PSN and download the Home Beta Client like you can with games.

wwedx

Hahaha Betty. So does that mean, if you get into the beta, you can invite 4 friends along even if they didnt get an invite? NEATO

SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts
how do you sign up for the beta? or are you chosen partly because you are a gap member...
mo52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mo52
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts
if i don't get this beta SOMEONE PLEASE invite me!!
Goku87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Goku87
Member since 2003 • 167 Posts
PSN is back and i dont see anything new in the store
Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Flam3Thr0w3r
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

wwedx

Lmao, you got nervous?

Haha, that's a bit wierd dude. :P

Anyway, the PSN Maintenance could be Sony preparing for the Extended HOME Beta, for all we know.

We just have to wait and find out.

b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
Are people actually that interested in Home that they pinch themselves at the thought of getting to download it?
LURCH87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 LURCH87
Member since 2008 • 1375 Posts
u do know u just got betty fired dont u. now whos gonna feed her kids. shame on u.:lol:
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
if i don't get this beta SOMEONE PLEASE invite me!!mo52
you can invite people??
djfu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 djfu
Member since 2003 • 97 Posts
I want home beta so if somone has it plz invite me!!!
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Wow you guys or so naive. Didn't you read the very top of the actual link?

*Please take this with a grain of salt. This has not been 100% confirmed, we are going to keep it as a rumor*

*sigh*...kids these days...:roll: