This topic is locked from further discussion.

dark_gender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dark_gender
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

What were the scariest moments you've experienced while playing a game? For methere were many scary moments when Iwas playing Dead space, when those Necromorphs suddenly appeared from nowhere.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i shat my pants throughout dead space
Avatar image for grim_reaper_000
grim_reaper_000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 grim_reaper_000
Member since 2009 • 89 Posts

What were the scariest moments you've experienced while playing a game? For methere were many scary moments when Iwas playing Dead space, when those Necromorphs suddenly appeared from nowhere.

dark_gender

me too

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Playing Aliens vs Predator, AvP2 and condemned: Criminal Origins. They were all on PC.. planning to get condemned 2 on PS3 when i see it for a good price.
Prince-Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Prince-Noctis
Member since 2009 • 1271 Posts

Well some moments in Bioshock and Resident Evil 5 made me jump a few times but nothing has really scared me. Still havn't tried Dead Space yet.

(Dark_Gender it's nice to see another Marilyn Manson fan on these forums haha.)

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Some moments in Condemned 2 : Blood shot.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
When I was playing Fallout 3 and my PS3 froze! AAAAGGHHHH!!!!! lol .................. I didn't find DeadSpace scary at all. I was more freaked out running around in those underground tunnels on Resistance: FoM. I did jump one time playing KZ2 online. I was running through a door and suddenly some dude with a shottie was like BLAM! outta nowhere. I almost sh!t myself.....
DrewRyanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DrewRyanFTW
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Fallout 3 in the run down subway tunnels, gouls sneaking up on me from behind, the sneaky bastards!
Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
Fifa 09, somebody scored against me :O!
DrewRyanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DrewRyanFTW
Fifa 09, somebody scored against me :O!b3yondstupidity
haha. that is possibly the scariest moment in the history of video games :D
burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 burock76
Member since 2008 • 1220 Posts

Deadspace: 1-The ever resurrecting necromorph 2- The ending of the game. When you thinkthe credits are going to roll. Didn't see that one coming!!!

Silent Hill : Everytime Pyramid head appears

Resident Evil : When the zombie dog comes jumping in from the window for the first time(I think it was RE2)

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
Fifa 09, somebody scored against me :O!b3yondstupidity
Na, whats scarier is watching Ronaldo dive and cry like a baby.
Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Scieran
Member since 2009 • 196 Posts

Mine would be Viva Pinata. Not only did it scare me, it was the scariest game I've encountered in my life! Along with Dead Space and Fallout 3.

barn79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 barn79
Member since 2005 • 241 Posts

When Fatal Frame came out it nearly scared the Sh*t outta me... But when I played Dead Space it got me scared so hard that I pissed on my pants when those damn Necromorphs suddenly jumps and attacks at you.. haha...^_^

Ronin893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Ronin893
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts

I get scared too easy. One memorable one was playing RE2 and I went down into the sewers for the first time and you were looking out of the screen and on the wall in front of you was a huge spider. I freaked and ran back out of the sewers.lol

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#16 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

i shat my pants throughout dead spacecampzor

Lol, same here. I was constantly scared where ever I went.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 M0wen10

One of my scariest moments came in Dead Space. There was a bit where I actually jumped in my chair. I opened one of these doors which led to the toilets and as soon as I opened the door a necromorph jumped me. Plus I was playing it in the dark!

There was also a fair few moments in FEAR and FEAR 2. When alma jumps at you it is really scary.

qzsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 qzsi
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts

UNCHARTED SPOILER!
I was really scared when I was trapped with these strange monsters. It was the middle of the night and I hate scary games. :D

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 campzor
[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

One of my scariest moments came in Dead Space. There was a bit where I actually jumped in my chair. I opened one of these doors which led to the toilets and as soon as I opened the door a necromorph jumped me. Plus I was playing it in the dark!

There was also a fair few moments in FEAR and FEAR 2. When alma jumps at you it is really scary.

lol i remember that toilet bit... that got me too lol.. Umm a few for me is when the 'back up' comes and gets infected and they are bigger stronger and FASTERRRR!! that made me all tense lol and also some bits with no air (out in space) its all SILENT and then u turn and see a necro coming for u..
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 campzor

UNCHARTED SPOILER!
I was really scared when I was trapped with these strange monsters. It was the middle of the night and I hate scary games. :D

qzsi

same i hate em too..which is weird coz i bought dead space lol... ye first time i played uncharted i was like 'EEEEEEP' second and third play throughs though it didnt faze me.. oh and.. resident evil 5 for anyone.. is NOT scary.. like wtf :S not once was i like "OH CR@P'

cool-mada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cool-mada
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts

I was freaking when i played fear and alma's shadow appears

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#22 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

it seems like it doens't take much to scare most people on this board...

Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

There were some pretty creepy moments in Bioshock, especially at around midnight of your first night owning it. Those two splicers arguing at the bottom of the stairs shortly after you start got me a little worked up.

Oh, and your first real Big Daddy encounter...

Avatar image for mistergamer2006
mistergamer2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mistergamer2006
Member since 2006 • 988 Posts

as a child, around the age of 9-ish, me and my best friend were playing Resident Evil Code Veronica i think, on the dreamcast. i can remember. but i remember turning off all the lights and taking turns playing, i friggin fell backwards off the bed, and slammed my head on the marble floor, didnt find it funny untill about a week later. games dont really scare me now tho :P i do get startled at times tho

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
silent hill 1 on ps1 and resident evil 1 (specially when the dogs jumped out the window to get u lol)
edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts

Silent Hill 1. When you are in the school house and the spirits of the dead children appear and disappear. The fact that they don't attack you but just zone in and out and finally disappear was an amazing addition to the little dead children with the butcher knifes.

B-L-I-N-G-A-H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 B-L-I-N-G-A-H
Member since 2008 • 410 Posts

mine was when i downloaded a theme to my ps3, i forgot my ps3 was loud, so i downloaded the theme and used it then when i moved my analogue stick, the sound was a bullet shot haha that scared the crap out of me , i actually jumped haha

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#28 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
regenerating necromorph in Dead Space. Most of condemned 2 and the one part in Uncharted, mainly because i hadn't been sleeping much, it was dark and unexpected so i thought i was having some sort of weird dream.
Dante_May_Die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dante_May_Die
Member since 2008 • 1505 Posts

probably dead space at chapter 1...there was 3 monsters that played dead when i saw teh body i thought its dead so i walked near it and it jumped on me..then my controller flew high in the sky and you could hear the screems of a little girl

yazter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 yazter
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts
Resident Evil 1, when you walk down the hall and the dogs crash through the window.' I was 13 XD
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 M0wen10

[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

campzor

lol i remember that toilet bit... that got me too lol.. Umm a few for me is when the 'back up' comes and gets infected and they are bigger stronger and FASTERRRR!! that made me all tense lol and also some bits with no air (out in space) its all SILENT and then u turn and see a necro coming for u..

Oh yeah, silent areas were so tense. When the necromorphs got faster I could almost not handle it. I panicked when trying to use stasis, lol.

Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

Resident Evil 1, when you walk down the hall and the dogs crash through the window.' I was 13 XDyazter

Ugh, yeah. Now that I think about it that got me too.

FunWithMatches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 FunWithMatches
Member since 2005 • 250 Posts

I don't play too many "scary" games, but I remember twice in Bioshock I was truly freaked out. One was the plastic surgeon/dentist dude who's shadow you see, the lights go out, he's gone, then you get some health and ammo, think everything is all right, then BLAM! Jumps out of the friggin storage in the wall in the next room. The other was early on when you're standing on the wooden dance floor, the lights go out and you hear the splicers running around you in circles, then the spotlights come on and they're all jumping at you. Besides all that, I'd have to say the scariest game to play is Resident Evil 5 with a friend who thinks its funny to release the raft pulley and makes you keep going against a giant alligator over and over.

adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

dead space wasn't scary at all, i mean at the beginning of the game after i kill a few aliens, i see a dead one on the floor, i decide to shoot at it, nothing happens then i walk closer to it, and its alive. that was the only moment that even startled me, its not scary.

now f.e.a.r. on the other hand that **** is scary.

MGS2, when you are running around naked as raiden, and the colonel calls and tells you to go to sleep cause yopu have been up playing all night, that scared me, cause i had actually been playing all that night, fourth wall destroyed, pulverised.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Resident Evil 1, when you walk down the hall and the dogs crash through the window.' I was 13 XDyazter

lol i was 10 at that time, what a great moment.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
The ending of Dead Space
hibikino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 hibikino
Member since 2004 • 666 Posts

The very first Silent Hill for PS1.... Don't even dare to play the game after I've found the first corpse.

I was 10.

deyrcs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deyrcs
Member since 2006 • 65 Posts

One part of Bioshock scared me. There was a point in the game where I was lost and I didn't know what to do. So what I did was look around for switches. I found some kind of electrical switch and so I went to press it. The game made a thump sound as I press the switch. I turn 180 to see if anything happened. Nothing. So I press the switch again, I hear another thump as I press the switch. This time I thought I switched something off, so again, I turn 180 to see if anything happened. Nothing. At this point, I thought... OK one more time just to make sure. I press the switch, heard the thump sound again, turn 180 and.... HOLY T%#$@%# A BIG DADDY LOOMS OVER ME. And then within a second it drills me with that arm of his and I died lol.

The thump sound was from the Big Daddy walking and the electrical switch did nothing as it was just a prop of the level. It was pure coincidence of the timing of the thump. Anyways, that scared the s**t out of me.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Seeing Mike Tyson for the first time. Goddamn, he's HUGE.
xHBTNx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xHBTNx
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Seeing Mike Tyson for the first time. Goddamn, he's HUGE.

They've been playing some of his old fights on ESPN2 I think. He used to be a beast. Recent scariest moment was during Fallout 3 before I found out Sniper Rifle + Mysterious Stranger visit seemed to trigger freezes on PS3s. Other than that, I think Mortal Kombat was the last game to truly "scare" me back in the day... damn fatalities.