Rumours: Killzone 2 graphics will be better then the E3 trailer+ more!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gameruk2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gameruk2010
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts

As some may know I used to work at Sony, and I was speaking to a friend still there last night, trying to get some details out of him over a few pints. Now he isn't working on Killzone 2 but he's been told and shown a few things. Here's what he said;

1. He seen a gameplay video. Graphically he said it was better than the E3 trailer, but personally I think he was just a bit over exited because it looked amazing.

2. NPC's react realistically to where they are shot. The example he said is that a Helghast was hit in the hand and it shook its hand as if in pain, and also if shot in the leg blood seeps out of the exact area shot.

3. For multiplayer each server is like a world, with villages and towns, and your battling for control. If Helghast controlled it looks run down, if ISA controlled it looks nice, with residents living there.

He said the game is very far along too.

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=81699

Like they say 'Dont shoot the messenger'

dsmusician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dsmusician
Member since 2004 • 275 Posts
I used to work at sony as well for a few years... which location? i was in foster city fpqa.
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
thats great. i hope to see some new video clips.
Rhaxdric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Rhaxdric
Member since 2006 • 2864 Posts

This guy doesn't claim he works for Sony, the guy in the link does.

But anyways, I hope it's true, that'd be great news. I doubt he's telling the truth but we'll see at E3.

ipath4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ipath4life
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts
if that were true that game has the potential to be one of the greatest this gen....
SolidSnake2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidSnake2020
Member since 2006 • 2180 Posts
Non I don't belive it, if it looks the same as the trailer in E32005 that I would belive, just my opinion.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
ill wait for a week
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

I remember someone mentioned this awhile back. The trailer looks too good to be true... I mean, for a debut game to have such graphical achievement, If the graphic do surpass the trailer then the developer is going all out. Anyway, I guess we will find out soon enough. :D

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

ill wait for a weekMiguel16

Same, I can believe the hand thing because Killzone did have very good animations. The Online thing I don't know and the first statement I'll wait until E3.

slystallion26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 slystallion26
Member since 2005 • 819 Posts

Do you guys realize how many of these stories were appearing at e3 last year and in 05 especially about the wii....how it was going to be virtual reality and that thier graphics were going to be real life quality because of some sort of new technology and they had like a sister who dated some guy who works at nintendo....

don't ever believe any stories starting out like i know someone who works at so and so

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
Why don't you still work at sony? I'm just curious because I would think most people would like working for them but I have no idea. Do they pay well or can you make a lot more working some where else? How much money do most game programmers make? I just curious about this because I thought about getting into the videogame business by doing stuff like this but I don't know if I could handle sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours a day 5 days a week.
gameruk2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gameruk2010

Why don't you still work at sony? I'm just curious because I would think most people would like working for them but I have no idea. Do they pay well or can you make a lot more working some where else? How much money do most game programmers make? I just curious about this because I thought about getting into the videogame business by doing stuff like this but I don't know if I could handle sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours a day 5 days a week.odin2019

I guess you have to register with PS3forums.com and ask him that.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 odin2019

[QUOTE="odin2019"]Why don't you still work at sony? I'm just curious because I would think most people would like working for them but I have no idea. Do they pay well or can you make a lot more working some where else? How much money do most game programmers make? I just curious about this because I thought about getting into the videogame business by doing stuff like this but I don't know if I could handle sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours a day 5 days a week.gameruk2010

but you said you used to work there I guess you mean your not a game programmer?

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Miguel16
[QUOTE="gameruk2010"]

[QUOTE="odin2019"]Why don't you still work at sony? I'm just curious because I would think most people would like working for them but I have no idea. Do they pay well or can you make a lot more working some where else? How much money do most game programmers make? I just curious about this because I thought about getting into the videogame business by doing stuff like this but I don't know if I could handle sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours a day 5 days a week.odin2019

but you said you used to work there I guess you mean your not a game programmer?

lol no he doesnt work there. he just opied the text from that webpage he linked to

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 odin2019
Oh ok.
W3dotCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 W3dotCOM
Member since 2005 • 1942 Posts
Yeah I figured Sony would pour all their resorces into it. I can't wait, but I hope it's not to late.
gameruk2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gameruk2010

Oh ok. odin2019

lol, I wish I worked for Sony!! unfortunately I don't

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
wow if that stuff is true im pumped. I dont even care if its 100% like that trailer, i just hope it is 90% like it, just like how motorstorm was to its trailer. That sounds amazing, the online, the reaction to being shot, and the blood thing. Really great to hear, i hope its true.
aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
This sound very exciting... I hope Sony have huge plans for KillZone at E3 since they kept it on locked for little over two years.. "SONY UNLOCK KillZone for us at E3."
amapi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 amapi
Member since 2005 • 2404 Posts

I'll say it once, and i'll say it again.

Those graphics cannot be produced on any computer, let alone anyconsole. I'm willing to bet that the graphics for Killzone will be killer(pun intended), but E3 05 graphics? no friggin' way.

And the fact that theres a rumour of the game having BETTER graphics is absurd.

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Miguel16

Those graphics cannot be produced on any computer, let alone anyconsole. I'm willing to bet that the graphics for Killzone will be killer(pun intended), but E3 05 graphics? no friggin' way.

amapi

If only people like you existed in this world, god knows where we'd be.

amapi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 amapi
[QUOTE="amapi"]

Miguel16

Just stating the truth, brother. The faster people accept it, the less heart ache when its finally shown. Like I said, I know the graphics will be awesome (the budget is so huge), but not E3 good, or better than E3 05 graphics.

E5 05 is CG for crying out loud.

gameruk2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gameruk2010

amapi

I guess you haven't heard or seen crysis or Gears of war?

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
I highly doubt it. It will be good, dont get me wrong. But it wont be nearly as good as the trailer. Lets wait and see when they show it at that 2 hour speacil presentation.
imafreshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 imafreshman
Member since 2004 • 221 Posts
Pretty hard to make it look as great as the trailer, ill believe it when I seen it.
amapi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 amapi
[QUOTE="amapi"]

gameruk2010

Well yeah, but theres justtwo differences. Geow isn't CG quality in graphics of technically, and nor is Crysis. And another thing, Crysis can't be ported onto consoles because both 360 and ps3 lack the technical requirements.

Ps3 can just about produce decent pots let alone games with CG quality in graphics. I just seriously can't believe people think its going to look as good, or better on ps3, or any console for that matter.

Avatar image for Password1233456
Password1233456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Password1233456
Member since 2006 • 335 Posts
[QUOTE="gameruk2010"][QUOTE="amapi"]

amapi

Well yeah, but theres justtwo differences. Geow isn't CG quality in graphics of technically, and nor is Crysis. And another thing, Crysis can't be ported onto consoles because both 360 and ps3 lack the technical requirements.

Ps3 can just about produce decent pots let alone games with CG quality in graphics. I just seriously can't believe people think its going to look as good, or better on ps3, or any console for that matter.

You're just a parade rainer
ipath4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ipath4life
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts

Do you guys realize how many of these stories were appearing at e3 last year and in 05 especially about the wii....how it was going to be virtual reality and that thier graphics were going to be real life quality because of some sort of new technology and they had like a sister who dated some guy who works at nintendo....

don't ever believe any stories starting out like i know someone who works at so and so

slystallion26

good point....

Deepcut9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Deepcut9
Member since 2007 • 761 Posts
Warhawk Beta is the first CG quality I SWEAR! Play the beta and you'll see how good it is. Perfect frame rate.. insanely awesome CG graphics.
Agent-of-Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Agent-of-Evil
Member since 2004 • 415 Posts

Lol, yeah. WarHawk is awesome fun, just plain awesome. Must buy for me. But that is just nonsense and I know you're not serious, but I replied anyway.

You just named Warhawk, the one game that is all about the gameplay. Wich is awesome.

Avatar image for TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
TOTAL_DEFENSE_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
Member since 2007 • 1192 Posts
i dont know. better than E3 05 seems to be shooting a little too high. as long as its as good or close to E3 05 i'll be happy. however, the gameplay sounds awesome if true.
FireFalkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FireFalkon
Member since 2004 • 866 Posts

that multiplayer thing with the villages and all reminded me of Total Annihilation, in that game's multiplayer you were fighting for the galaxy and the team that won the most in each planet would take it and this would go on until one team conquered the entiregalaxy and then restart, i think this is called "metagame" or something...

Why Supreme Comander should suck so bad?!

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Miguel16
[QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="amapi"]

amapi

Just stating the truth, brother. The faster people accept it, the less heart ache when its finally shown. Like I said, I know the graphics will be awesome (the budget is so huge), but not E3 good, or better than E3 05 graphics.

that isnt the point. Nothing is impossible bro. Look where we are now in terms of graphics and technology. That was the point of my comment. I honestly dont know how good it will look but i know its gunna look good. But dont say it'll never look as good

Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

you do realize when he says worked for sony

he probably means he worked at a sony store or something

amapi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 amapi
[QUOTE="amapi"][QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="amapi"]

Miguel16

that isnt the point. Nothing is impossible bro. Look where we are now in terms of graphics and technology. That was the point of my comment. I honestly dont know how good it will look but i know its gunna look good. But dont say it'll never look as good

1. Since when did I say nothing is impossible?

2. I said already it'll look good, great even.

3. I didn't say it'll never look that good.

4. The end.

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Miguel16
[QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="amapi"][QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="amapi"]

amapi

4. The end.

aite were done, this is a pretty useless argument anyway but im just gunna leave this line

"Those graphics cannot be produced on any computer, let alone anyconsole."

The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

god the sound of that makes me giddy as a school girl.

the multiplayer might be whats so different that was mentioned in the 1up podcast.

zappa02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#38 zappa02
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts
[QUOTE="amapi"][QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="amapi"][QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="amapi"]

Miguel16

4. The end.

aite were done, this is a pretty useless argument anyway but im just gunna leave this line

Like Miguel16 said is true, GRAPHICS IN KILLZONE 2 CANNOT BE PRODUCED ON ANY COMPUTER LIKE THAT. What makes you guys think that PS3 can make graphics like that but they can't do it on the PC,let alone any console.And lets see now, OH YEA KILLZONE 2 THAT THEY SHOWED AT E3,05 WAS CGI NOT REAL TIME GAME PLAY.

9thwardice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 9thwardice
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts
[QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="amapi"][QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="amapi"][QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="amapi"]

zappa02

4. The end.

Like Miguel16 said is true, GRAPHICS IN KILLZONE 2 CANNOT BE PRODUCED ON ANY COMPUTER LIKE THAT. What makes you guys think that PS3 can make graphics like that but they can't do it on the PC,let alone any console.

actually he was quoting what amapi said as kinda mocking him i think

sgallag_play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sgallag_play
Member since 2006 • 2007 Posts
It's meant to be the most costly game ever developed. So I would beleive it looks better than the 2005 E3 trailer.
libthegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 libthegod
Member since 2006 • 1517 Posts
[QUOTE="zappa02"][QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="amapi"][QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="amapi"][QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="amapi"]

9thwardice

4. The end.

Like Miguel16 said is true, GRAPHICS IN KILLZONE 2 CANNOT BE PRODUCED ON ANY COMPUTER LIKE THAT. What makes you guys think that PS3 can make graphics like that but they can't do it on the PC,let alone any console.

actually he was quoting what amapi said as kinda mocking him i think

If it looks better than the E3 05 trailer, will you admit ownage?

Elviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Elviathan
Member since 2006 • 5052 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it.
NickinAround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NickinAround
Member since 2003 • 3430 Posts
Anyone with an inkling of technical knowledge knows despite the PS3's processor it has the equivalent of a 7800 series computer card and it simply lacks the requirements to just pull CG graphics out of it's a** unless you wanna see a game running at a horrible framerate or just be suprised to see it even run at all. 

To defend the guy above, he said it simply isn't possible within' the limits of the system and even compairs it to something obviously above it's level such as a better gaming computer can't even do so. He never said it's never gonna be possible, but at this time and juncture, it isn't gonna have no jaggies whatsoever, perfect super high resolution textures and an endless draw distance. You can't just look at technical specs and say "it can" you have to picture what it's like to process that type of information all at once on screen. The fact that so many of you casually throw out the word CG graphics and act like the PS3 is the Jesus Christ of consoles and it just "will" is asinine. 

I'm not saying it will look horrible, I'm sure it'll provide some fine eye candy, but be realisitic, E3 vid was a farce, it was a benchmark for what they were idealistically "aiming" for, but don't get your hopes up too much, I almost guarantee you'll be dissapointed in what you see if you expect E3 vid or above graphics.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Miguel16

Anyone with an inkling of technical knowledge knows despite the PS3's processor it has the equivalent of a 7800 series computer card and it simply lacks the requirements to just pull CG graphics out of it's a** unless you wanna see a game running at a horrible framerate or just be suprised to see it even run at all.

To defend the guy above, he said it simply isn't possible within' the limits of the system and even compairs it to something obviously above it's level such as a better gaming computer can't even do so. He never said it's never gonna be possible, but at this time and juncture, it isn't gonna have no jaggies whatsoever, perfect super high resolution textures and an endless draw distance. You can't just look at technical specs and say "it can" you have to picture what it's like to process that type of information all at once on screen. The fact that so many of you casually throw out the word CG graphics and act like the PS3 is the Jesus Christ of consoles and it just "will" is asinine.

I'm not saying it will look horrible, I'm sure it'll provide some fine eye candy, but be realisitic, E3 vid was a farce, it was a benchmark for what they were idealistically "aiming" for, but don't get your hopes up too much, I almostguarantee you'll be dissapointed in what you see if you expect E3 vid or above graphics.NickinAround

i can agree with wat youve said

Shadowhawk2606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shadowhawk2606
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts
Can we all just wait until we see the freakin game in action at E3 before we judge the thing.
Tdiddy05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 Tdiddy05
Member since 2004 • 153 Posts
[QUOTE="amapi"]

gameruk2010

Yeah this guy probably said the same thing about gears and crysis before they were released. Anything is posible man and with 20 million dollars and 100 plus people working on this game it can happen.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
KillZone2 is the next best PS3 title...... whatever you're saying, I sure cant wait til the game comes out. It's gonna be one hell of a game ever.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#48 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
We need to bookmark this topic. Because I see ownage for whoever is right next week.;)
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts
I can't wait for this game to come out so all this stuff stops.