RUMOR: UT3 might be cancelled for 360, >MIGHT< be ps3/pc exclusive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MGSFan27285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 MGSFan27285
Member since 2004 • 850 Posts

yea, i was on the official UT3 site to try to d/l the demo faster and it listed the pc, pc special edition, and ps3 versions only. and if you search the entire site, 360 is never mentioned. might be true, or might not be mentioned for the sake of the timed exclusivity and not being able to pre-order it any where. LINK thats the main website, bottom left

heres the pre-order page

post your reflections. honestly i dont think they will scrap the 360 version, but another exclusive would be nice.

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts
wasn't the plan ps3 & pc first.. then some time exclusivity to those two then 360..? :o
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50663 Posts

Wouldn't really be an exclusive though. Don't matter to me, I'm getting ps3 version no doubts.

MGSFan27285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MGSFan27285

Wouldn't really be an exclusive though. Don't matter to me, I'm getting ps3 version no doubts.

Chutebox

true. but one less great game for xbots. im probably going to get the pc version, unless the ps3 version comes out sooner. or jsut get the pc version and use my sixaxis on my pc lol. one thing consoles have that beats pc, controllers.

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

MGSFan27285

true. but one less great game for xbots. im probably going to get the pc version, unless the ps3 version comes out sooner. or jsut get the pc version and use my sixaxis on my pc lol. one thing consoles have that beats pc, controllers.

ooo. retract that.. cause i know alot of people will say mouse+keyboard > controllers
fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts

yea, i was on the official UT3 site to try to d/l the demo faster and it listed the pc, pc special edition, and ps3 versions only. and if you search the entire site, 360 is never mentioned. might be true, or might not be mentioned for the sake of the timed exclusivity and not being able to pre-order it any where. LINK thats the main website, bottom left

heres the pre-order page

post your reflections. honestly i dont think they will scrap the 360 version, but another exclusive would be nice.

MGSFan27285

360 is never mentioned because they haven't started to port the game yet, and they are focusing on the ps3 and pc version. After the pc version is out they are gonna work on the xbox 360 version, like it or not I honestly think this game will be going to the xbox 360, but I can be wrong.

Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts

Chutebox

same here

gsf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gsf
Member since 2003 • 164 Posts
[QUOTE="MGSFan27285"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

expanded

ooo. retract that.. cause i know alot of people will say mouse+keyboard > controllers

mouse+keyboard > controllers

MGSFan27285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MGSFan27285
[QUOTE="expanded"][QUOTE="MGSFan27285"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

gsf

i used to be like that, but i dont like swinging my mouse around. my dad can't play as well with out M+K so i tend to get games he likes, such as COD4, for pc, so he can enjoy them too, other wise its up for grabs. yea, one thing i tend to do on my computer, not be able to play through the campaign, i tend to just want to play online, but when im on console i can either just fine. off topic though.

nice discussion guys. up for speculation, but if you talk about it, make sure you include its a rumor, and your friends head remembers, its a rumor! i hate it when people take rumors and make them seem real so most people hear its GOING to happen rather than it MIGHT happen.

AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts

Chutebox

same here

Game-o_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Game-o_O
Member since 2005 • 2275 Posts
Not to sound mean, but this is an 'xbox360' post. Not a PS3 related post. It only references, it sounds like you're depressed about it. (Where are others would be going "yeah!!!" or "haha!") It doesn't sound like a system wars board, but difinitely not a PS3 subject.
mohit2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mohit2003
Member since 2003 • 669 Posts
OK as cool as it would be if this was true I am 90% sure it isnt because if you see one of the recent interviews with the guy he says that it is going to be for the 360. The person asking the questions just says ps3 and pc but the guy (i dont remeber his name now i think it was mark something) interrupts the interviewer to add the 360. It will come out but probably not for a while i think.
dudester1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dudester1981
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts

It does say in the epic forums that are doing a 360 version but the focus is on the pc and ps3 versions as thewy are released 1st.

Thats why there are no details yet ont he 360 version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
Member since 2007 • 6696 Posts
[QUOTE="expanded"][QUOTE="MGSFan27285"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

gsf

i only like m+kb for rts or fps

everything else i like on controllers more

PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
who cares about the x360 port, itll most likely sell poorly due to xbots playing halo3 and mass effect, it wouldnt be smart to port it to x360...ps3 on the other hand, it wud be a console pusher and a great investment..now if only they cant make it come out b4 08...plzplzplzplz lol
dudester1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dudester1981
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts

Again epic have said it may be released this year still and that the game is in great shape. Midway games had a duty to shareholders to inform them that it may be delayed.

I'm sure epic want it out before christmas as much as the ps3 consloe owners from the pc demo the game will be awesome.

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 F1sTDaCuffS
Member since 2005 • 2570 Posts

heres the pre-order page

MGSFan27285

it should be canceled. 1. midway is going broke, and there ureal engine is played out. and the fact there going from 3rd person back to first person. its not going to happen vs halo 3. and gears of war took over the 3rd person slot. so, you see. they waited too long. if i was them i would'nt even think of releasing it on 360. they better save it for the ps3. ps3 is the system that needs it, not xbox.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
not gonna happen.