Rockstar exclusive game not in development

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts
If you guys didn't watch Gametrailers interview with Jack Tretton concerning the exclusive game from Rockstar this is what went down.

GK: "Last year when you were on the show, you broke a little bit of news about this coming exclusive Rockstar game, right? Do we have any update from that, about the next great franchise from Rockstar?"

Jack Tretton: I would love to tell you that we do, I hope something is imminent - but it's dissapointing that we stand here a year later and don't have anything definitive to announce."

GK: have they given you any hints though, do you know anything about what we're going to see?

JT: We talked about different properties but we haven't homed in about that we're both excited about to say " Yeah that's the one"

Hopefully, Sony will be able to secure Grand Theft Auto V as an exclusive since they don't have a game in development for the exclusive deal right now. :D
terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
I wonder what happened to that Western Rockstar game to.The one at E3 2005 the untitled one.
Avatar image for ChrisMoneyMaker
ChrisMoneyMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ChrisMoneyMaker
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts

maybe so but i see that happening but i want a different game rockstar havent made something new

LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LuckyLy
I wonder what happened to that Western Rockstar game to.The one at E3 2005 the untitled one.terdoo

Red Dead Revolver?
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts

If you guys didn't watch Gametrailers interview with Jack Tretton concerning the exclusive game from Rockstar this is what went down.

GK: "Last year when you were on the show, you broke a little bit of news about this coming exclusive Rockstar game, right? Do we have any update from that, about the next great franchise from Rockstar?"

Jack Tretton: I would love to tell you that we do, I hope something is imminent - but it's dissapointing that we stand here a year later and don't have anything definitive to announce."

GK: have they given you any hints though, do you know anything about what we're going to see?

JT: We talked about different properties but we haven't homed in about that we're both excited about to say " Yeah that's the one"

Hopefully, Sony will be able to secure Grand Theft Auto V as an exclusive since they don't have a game in development for the exclusive deal right now. :DLuckyLy

do you really think gta v will be an exclusive i dont think so MS paid 50 million and all that got them was exclusive DLC.

LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LuckyLy

[QUOTE="LuckyLy"]If you guys didn't watch Gametrailers interview with Jack Tretton concerning the exclusive game from Rockstar this is what went down.

Hopefully, Sony will be able to secure Grand Theft Auto V as an exclusive since they don't have a game in development for the exclusive deal right now. :DTX360

do you really think gta v will be an exclusive i dont think so MS paid 50 million and all that got them was exclusive DLC.

We all know Sony can afford to pay Rockstar for GTA V exclusivity, the question is whether or not Sony wants to.

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
[QUOTE="TX360"]

[QUOTE="LuckyLy"]If you guys didn't watch Gametrailers interview with Jack Tretton concerning the exclusive game from Rockstar this is what went down.

Hopefully, Sony will be able to secure Grand Theft Auto V as an exclusive since they don't have a game in development for the exclusive deal right now. :DLuckyLy

We all know Sony can afford to pay Rockstar for GTA V exclusivity, the question is whether or not Sony wants to.

Don't kid yourself. Sony can't outbid one of the biggest companies in the world. 50million for some DLC is no small amount, the xbox team are aware of GTAs importance, and for rockstar, to maximise sales they'll stay multiplat.

LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LuckyLy
[QUOTE="LuckyLy"][QUOTE="TX360"]

Hopefully, Sony will be able to secure Grand Theft Auto V as an exclusive since they don't have a game in development for the exclusive deal right now. :Dkieran88

Don't kid yourself. Sony can't outbid one of the biggest companies in the world. 50million for some DLC is no small amount, the xbox team are aware of GTAs importance, and for rockstar, to maximise sales they'll stay multiplat.

Now I never said Sony can outbid Microsoft, all I said was Sony CAN afford to pay for GTA V exclusivity. Don't take my words out of context.

chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts
[QUOTE="LuckyLy"][QUOTE="TX360"]

Hopefully, Sony will be able to secure Grand Theft Auto V as an exclusive since they don't have a game in development for the exclusive deal right now. :Dkieran88

Uh...yeah they can. Microsoft has money but their gaming division can't touch all of that money.

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
[QUOTE="kieran88"][QUOTE="LuckyLy"][QUOTE="TX360"]

Now I never said Sony can outbid Microsoft, all I said was Sony CAN afford to pay for GTA V exclusivity. Don't take my words out of context.

By saying that you're implying that the xbox team would simply allow that to happen, which we both know is garbage. Also, Rockstar wouldn't handicap their sales by putting it only on the one system, especialy after seeing the significant success from GTA IV being multiplat since launch. I didn't twist your words, you did.

Dimb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dimb
Member since 2005 • 1178 Posts
Your pants on head retarded if you think that Sony doesn't have as much money to throw around as MS.
LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LuckyLy
[QUOTE="LuckyLy"][QUOTE="kieran88"][QUOTE="LuckyLy"][QUOTE="TX360"]

By saying that you're implying that the xbox team would simply allow that to happen, which we both know is garbage. Also, Rockstar wouldn't handicap their sales by putting it only on the one system, especialy after seeing the significant success from GTA IV being multiplat since launch. I didn't twist your words, you did.

By saying that I'm implying that Sony in general can afford to pay for GTA V exclusivity. Is it that hard for you to understand? :roll: No way did I twisted my own words.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

If Rockstar has trouble getting idea, here is one.

Grand Theft Auto: Tokyo The Geisha

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TX360

there in no way it will be exclusive to the ps3 the 360 and ps3 combined in sales is huge Rockstar would have to be crazy to do otherwrise.

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TX360

Your pants on head retarded if you think that Sony doesn't have as much money to throw around as MS.Dimb

well sony do have the cash but rockstar would not be stupid enough to make it exclusive.