This topic is locked from further discussion.

lukey9493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lukey9493
Member since 2007 • 393 Posts

So do you think that Insomniac will make resistance 2 or not.I wouldn't be suprised if they did but when could we expect to come and what would happen in the story. Ur thoughts

Fadixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fadixon
Member since 2005 • 762 Posts
they already said it will be a sequel
furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
ofcourse.
Teyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Teyon
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts
I think we'll discover that the Chimera have been here for a very long time and are possibly even the first inhabitants of earth before the climate change that melted the polar ice caps which caused the Chimera to go into hibernation (we all know they hate heat). This would help to explain why the Chimera "virus" infects us so easily :because it isn't a virus at all, simply a re-agent is used to awaken dormant genes and rapid mutation. Millions of years has allowed the human dna chain to alter enough that full conversion can't happen without the aide of cybernetic implants and thuse, the Chimera as we know them are born. It's a theory anyway. Personally, FPS games usually have the weakest stories imaginable (the one in RFOM is good though), so I doubt they'd do anything that extreme.
slikMotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 slikMotion
Member since 2003 • 2820 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how amazing a sequel will look like after the experience they've gained, and having more development time (at least not the frenetic timeline to get the game out for launch).
lukey9493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lukey9493
Member since 2007 • 393 Posts
yeah good call, i expect it to come late 2009. i think that the chimera will turn out to be a russian wepon gone rong or something and then america will try and save the day by nukeing europe and asia.
Fadixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fadixon
Member since 2005 • 762 Posts

yeah good call, i expect it to come late 2009. i think that the chimera will turn out to be a russian wepon gone rong or something and then america will try and save the day by nukeing europe and asia.lukey9493

lol

MadDog1250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MadDog1250
Member since 2004 • 76 Posts

well we already know that the chimera were human(especially that one wit the russian tagging on his arm later in the game)

Whether this was always the case (one dude went rarrrgh immabe a chimera Phear me!! and everyone went, bugger) or whether they aliens that have been here for ages (they returned to dig that mahussive tower out) who knows!!!

What we do know is the sequel is called resistance :- rise of man and is set in europe!!!!!!

And fan boys wont miss it from the h a few posts above, ppl who saw the ending will miss it, as it will answer a lot of questions, and how can you even dare to make a fanboy comment when you are using mario as an avatar!!!?!?!?! the biggest fanboy pleaser of em all??

nintendo's answer to everything/?? if you cant make a game, pick a genre , stick mario in it, watch the cash come rolling in???!!!!!

Seriously, bar the first person shooter, think of one genre that doesn't have a mario game?????

I rest my case.

Bring on super mario help old ladies cross the road tbh.

aznkid2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aznkid2o9
Member since 2005 • 188 Posts

well we already know that the chimera were human(especially that one wit the russian tagging on his arm later in the game)

Whether this was always the case (one dude went rarrrgh immabe a chimera Phear me!! and everyone went, bugger) or whether they aliens that have been here for ages (they returned to dig that mahussive tower out) who knows!!!

What we do know is the sequel is called resistance :- rise of man and is set in europe!!!!!!

And fan boys wont miss it from the h a few posts above, ppl who saw the ending will miss it, as it will answer a lot of questions, and how can you even dare to make a fanboy comment when you are using mario as an avatar!!!?!?!?! the biggest fanboy pleaser of em all??

nintendo's answer to everything/?? if you cant make a game, pick a genre , stick mario in it, watch the cash come rolling in???!!!!!

Seriously, bar the first person shooter, think of one genre that doesn't have a mario game?????

I rest my case.

Bring on super mario help old ladies cross the road tbh.

MadDog1250

are you saying sony and microsoft wouldn't do it if they could?...nintendo's not the only one...

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
Duuuuuuuuuuuuur.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
Duuuuuuuuuuuuur.
yellowglen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yellowglen
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
i really hope so. RFOM was an excellent game.
istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
the sequal is called risistance rise of man isnt it.
liamabob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 liamabob
Member since 2004 • 1723 Posts

MadDog1250

RTS

MadDog1250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MadDog1250

Rts , ummm good point *hides in corner* im not saying sony and microsoft wouldnt (god knows that they've made enough cash ins in the past)

Im not a fanboy of any sort, possessing consoles from all three consoles, just saying that nintendo do seem to use mario as a sell point rather than use original material and characters (in contrast to other compainies) , i know he is one of the oldest and most popular characters from gaming history and deserves to carry on as such, but at the same time it'd just be nice not to have one character dominatign the world of a companies sales,

Anyway back to the point. yes resistance has a sequel and yes it will most definately rock!!!!

owen29051992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 owen29051992
Member since 2006 • 40 Posts
its being called resistance: rise of man (i read it in a magazine!)
MagMower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MagMower
Member since 2005 • 992 Posts
yeah good call, i expect it to come late 2009. i think that the chimera will turn out to be a russian wepon gone rong or something and then america will try and save the day by nukeing europe and asia.lukey9493
Dear god, I hope you never become a developer, writer, or film director.
MadDog1250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MadDog1250
lol mag
corecodec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 corecodec
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
LMAO @ Mag nice one, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make a sequel considering the sales of the R:FOM went well extremely well and most didn't think it would have went well. Dear god I love insomniac for the imagination with weapons they are so godly at making weapon designs.
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
whose the rebel fanboy who picked no????????? good one MAG.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

**SPOILER**

Is it me, or does anybody else think that the Americans are involved with the whole Chimera thing? I have a feeling that the second one might soon take us to the US and Russia and I think those Angels would be the least of our problems in the game. I personally think that the Chimera had help.

Ocram_Zepol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ocram_Zepol
Member since 2006 • 1199 Posts

Of course they're gonna do it. They started an amazing franchise, and they'd be idiots if they didn't keep it going.

And I think it's funny that someone ACTUALLY voted no.

Josh848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Josh848
Member since 2004 • 64 Posts

Insomniac is known for their sequals, shortgame creation times,and not messin/screwin up something good. So Resistance is bound to show up in sometime next year (we might here about it this year at E3).

The ending of the game alone is enough of a teaser (where he is loaded into the helicopter), that i wouldnt be suprised if they use it in the sequal's trailer....

Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts
Lol, I'm just wonderin who the one guy is who said no. Of course they'll make another one.
Josh848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Josh848
Member since 2004 • 64 Posts

**SPOILER**

Is it me, or does anybody else think that the Americans are involved with the whole Chimera thing? I have a feeling that the second one might soon take us to the US and Russia and I think those Angels would be the least of our problems in the game. I personally think that the Chimera had help.

Denji

Im not sure whether the Army will have any direct contact, but i think its mostly gonna be the secretive "Black Ops." group that will do all the problem causing...

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts
Its kinda obvious with the sucess of the first one and all...
FusionApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FusionApex
Member since 2006 • 1151 Posts

I wonder how humans miised those huge underground towers?

Rise of man is probably the sequel's name.

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
Isomnaic already annouced Resistance 2: Rise of Man(working title) will be out in 2008 and New rachet game in 2009

they basically plan on doing a resistance game - then a rachet game then resistance and so forth untill they make a new IP ...