Resistance 2 or Far Cry 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
I'm so stoked about these two games... but I can only get one, and I don't really want to buy both because they are both FPS and I want to save money for Prototype or inFamous when they come out.

I like the sound of the free-roam, 50km2 to explore and AI in Far Cry 2,

But also the 60 player online, 8 player co-op, and continuing story of Resistance: Fall of Man with Resistance 2.

I have Resistance: Fall of Man, so I guess I want to continue the story, but Far Cry 2 just looks so good. What do you decide?

Also don't be fanboys/girls and suggest a different game, I've decided these two only, and doing so will be considered as spam.
Czenkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Czenkus
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts
Far Cry 2 looks much more appealing to me. To each his own though ^.^
BushWacker69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 BushWacker69
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
i will be getting both, and after that i can tell you which i prefer, at the moment all i can tell is that i'm more hyped about R2 because i loved R1 and the online which i still play.
hajrudin1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 hajrudin1984
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts
Both i will buy :D
USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 USMC_Sn1per
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts
far cry 2 cuz u can do whatever u want and go wherever u want in single player!
FatChuwawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FatChuwawa
Member since 2007 • 736 Posts

i think i will get R2, but i want KZ2 and far cry 2 looks good as well but i dont really know much about the game exept for 1 video that i watched.:cry: why are games so over priced in australia!

Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts
R2 looks awesome.
mgsthefury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mgsthefury
Member since 2005 • 406 Posts
idk. the online in resistance 2 sounds epic
Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Prisoner1137
Member since 2008 • 1213 Posts
Far Cry 2 for me :D
FabioPizzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FabioPizzini
Member since 2004 • 115 Posts

I'd loved resistance 1 and far cry bored me.

So i voted for resistance 2.

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
Yeah I think I'm favouring Resistance 2 right now. The first one had me hooked so much, and Resi 2 has heaps more multiplayer than Far Cry 2, apparently. Well yeah.
Cactus_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cactus_Matt
Member since 2008 • 8604 Posts

Resistance: Fall of Man was one of the worst games i've ever played, and unless they address all the things I hated about the first one (which they probably wont) then its a no brainer...Far Cry 2 for sure...Though to be perfectly honest I probably won't get either...which begs the question, what am I doing on this board? lol

EDIT: Just watched the E3 vid for Far Cry 2, looks awesome. Definetly Far Cry 2.

mozesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mozesx
Member since 2004 • 4049 Posts
Resistance 2
BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts

Resistance: Fall of Man was one of the worst games i've ever played, and unless they address all the things I hated about the first one (which they probably wont) then its a no brainer...Far Cry 2 for sure...Though to be perfectly honest I probably won't get either...which begs the question, what am I doing on this board? lolCactus_Matt

Please explain to me what was wrong with Resistance? Basically everthing in Resistance 2 is getting upgraded.

Cactus_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cactus_Matt

[QUOTE="Cactus_Matt"]Resistance: Fall of Man was one of the worst games i've ever played, and unless they address all the things I hated about the first one (which they probably wont) then its a no brainer...Far Cry 2 for sure...Though to be perfectly honest I probably won't get either...which begs the question, what am I doing on this board? lolBrettB7400

Please explain to me what was wrong with Resistance? Basically everthing in Resistance 2 is getting upgraded.

Perhaps I was unfairly harsh on the game but I thought the lack of destructible environments was completely unforgivable. I found the control scheme difficult to manage, in particular simply moving around seemed incredibly slow for a FPS. What I saw of the enemy seemed rather ordinary too (I didn't get too far into it before giving up) and the multiplayer was lackluster.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts
Resistance 2. 64 players online.
BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts
[QUOTE="BrettB7400"]

[QUOTE="Cactus_Matt"]Resistance: Fall of Man was one of the worst games i've ever played, and unless they address all the things I hated about the first one (which they probably wont) then its a no brainer...Far Cry 2 for sure...Though to be perfectly honest I probably won't get either...which begs the question, what am I doing on this board? lolCactus_Matt

Perhaps I was unfairly harsh on the game but I thought the lack of destructible environments was completely unforgivable. I found the control scheme difficult to manage, in particular simply moving around seemed incredibly slow for a FPS. What I saw of the enemy seemed rather ordinary too (I didn't get too far into it before giving up) and the multiplayer was lackluster.

I can see what you're talking about. Well, most games dont have destuctible environments. I think there is only one game with destructible enivironment out right now. I actually thought the controls were great. I do agree that it was kind of slow but not to slow to hamper the game at all. The multiplayer is probably one of the funnest to play right behind COD4.

ShamrockRovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ShamrockRovers
Member since 2006 • 1441 Posts
Tough choice, But I'd go with R2.
Cactus_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cactus_Matt
[QUOTE="Cactus_Matt"][QUOTE="BrettB7400"]

[QUOTE="Cactus_Matt"]Resistance: Fall of Man was one of the worst games i've ever played, and unless they address all the things I hated about the first one (which they probably wont) then its a no brainer...Far Cry 2 for sure...Though to be perfectly honest I probably won't get either...which begs the question, what am I doing on this board? lolBrettB7400

I can see what you're talking about. Well, most games dont have destuctible environments. I think there is only one game with destructible enivironment out right now. I actually thought the controls were great. I do agree that it was kind of slow but not to slow to hamper the game at all. The multiplayer is probably one of the funnest to play right behind COD4.

I gather your a big fan of Resistance, that's fair enough, I admired the game's story and setting at least. I sometimes forget that I shouldn't compare games from the PS3's launch to games of today such as Battlefield: Bad Company, which i've been playing recently and admiring the destruction I can cause to the world around me. I'll probably give Resistance 2 a rental at the least.

agentzero23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 agentzero23
Member since 2008 • 921 Posts
both:)
Avatar image for deactivated-5802d4d9371b3
deactivated-5802d4d9371b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5802d4d9371b3
Member since 2005 • 613 Posts
Far Cry 2 for sure. Far Cry looks to innovate in a lot of ways: an actual paper map you pull out of your pocket, a fully realized weather system that affects your gameplay, day/night cycle that you can use to your advantage and actually rest until it's the time of day you prefer. It seems like Far Cry 2 might be everything S.T.A.L.K.E.R. should have been and more. THe only question you need to ask yourself: do you want more of the same with bigger and potentially better, or do you want a shooter that turns the genre on its head and incorporates (gasp) things that haven't been seen before. Answer is easy for me... but **** I'm getting both, lol.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts
Resistance for myself, I'm still debating over Far Cry 2.
sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
i played resistance but i didn't like the gameplay so i'm going to choose far cry 2 because you can go anywhere and do anything in the game.