Resistance 2 Dissapointment

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_sephex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 _sephex_
Member since 2003 • 179 Posts
I have spent the past 2 weeks putting some good time into Fallout 3 and Resistance 2. I was far more excited for R2 prior to playing either game. But R2 has now let me down. The good, is that the game is amazing. Fantastic Controls, Beautiful Upgrade on the Graphics ( From Resistance 1), new ambitious game-play modes ( 60 - player online!) .... but where Resistance 2 falls short is, it leaves you with huge dissapointment. First and Foremost, they have removed Co-op Campaign, by far, the best part of Resistance 1. My best friend and I played through Resistance on all difficulties together and had the time of our lives doing so. Without Co-op Campaign Resistance is 1/2 the game it used to be... but fear not I'm told, as Resistance 2 has a NEW co-op mode. The new co-op mode is a cinematic-free 8-player flurry. Face-paced, TONS of on-screen enemies and the worst network failures I've experience in a PS3 game yet. I am yet to complete a 2-player Co-op game from start to finish without it crashing. Wouldn't be that big of a deal if I could play through all of the levels continuously... but after each level you are booted out the main menu screen. I was expecting a FPS equivalent of Diablo's Battlenet. This is what I was expecting from the Resistance 2 after playing the Beta. The Beta was one level at a time, frequent crashes ( again, mostly on split screen) but tons of fun when it did work. All in All, Resistance 2 suffers from some serious flaws. If you have no friends, or your friends are never with you in person, only online... this may work out for you. But for those of us who enjoy a great co-op experience, Resistance is NOT it. I will continue playing Fallout and Little Big Planet until I hear of an update to Resistance 2. At some point I will play through the single-player (ONLY!) Campaign, but for now I am very dissapointed. Sephex
demoman314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 demoman314
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts

resistance had been out for 3 days so idont know how you could play it for two weeks, unless you mean the beta. Anyways, really? the lack of 2 person coop campaign offline with the same story mode is bad to you?? its another story so you dont get bored. i love that, i dont want to play through the story mode again and agian with my friends but rather do a new story. i think the game is great.

Also not to be a @$$ but you sounds like your trolling...

Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts

I don't think he is trolling, but I have heard R2 does have the best serves thus far. No lag on a 60 player match is pretty impressive.

Though if you are having troubles TC, maybe you should tell Insomniac on their forums so they can be aware of this issue, cause so far this is the only issue I have heard from the Co-op. Then maybe they can fix it up in a patch.

gamefan274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 gamefan274
Member since 2007 • 1863 Posts
From what I know its because the servers are overflowing. CoD4 had the same problem but was adressed quickly after. The servers will quiet down in a week or so so it doesn't crash. It is still pretty lag free and I've only been kicked a few times. Also the enemies are easier to take down. One titan no longer takes 10 minutes to kill. (Yay!) I thought the game really improved since the beta.