Resistance 2 Co-Op Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stooge_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 stooge_01
Member since 2006 • 415 Posts
will the online co-op be for only 8 players, no less? because me and my friend are huge fans of the series but were only 2 people. but we may have another one of our friends joining. so is it posible to play the co-op campaign with 3 people?
jdogthebomb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jdogthebomb09
Member since 2006 • 556 Posts
Look up some Q&A's and see.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
You can't play coop campaign at all. It's a seperate parallel story.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura10
kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 kenshinhimura10
Member since 2008 • 555 Posts

will the online co-op be for only 8 players, no less? because me and my friend are huge fans of the series but were only 2 people. but we may have another one of our friends joining. so is it posible to play the co-op campaign with 3 people?stooge_01

The game has 2 campaigns. The first is the Single Player campaign, and we still dont know if it will have split screen. The second campaign is a completely new story that happens at the same time as the events of the SP campagin. It can be played with 2 player splitscreen, and up to 8 players online. So the max per console is 2.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duckman5

[QUOTE="stooge_01"]will the online co-op be for only 8 players, no less? because me and my friend are huge fans of the series but were only 2 people. but we may have another one of our friends joining. so is it posible to play the co-op campaign with 3 people?kenshinhimura10

The game has 2 campaigns. The first is the Single Player campaign, and we still dont know if it will have split screen. The second campaign is a completely new story that happens at the same time as the events of the SP campagin. It can be played with 2 player splitscreen, and up to 8 players online. So the max per console is 2.

Nope, confirmed no coop of any kind for the regular campaign.

Here

"Shack: There's a big emphasis on co-op with the new online mode, but can you still play through the story split-screen with a friend, like you could in the first Resistance?

Ted Price: No. The co-op follows a separate campaign all together. We are not playing through the single-player campaign.

Shack: At all?

Ted Price: Correct. But there is split-screen co-op, so you can play split-screen with--if you're sitting next to your buddy, you can play player A, he claims player B, you're with six other people who are online."

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts
[QUOTE="kenshinhimura10"]

[QUOTE="stooge_01"]will the online co-op be for only 8 players, no less? because me and my friend are huge fans of the series but were only 2 people. but we may have another one of our friends joining. so is it posible to play the co-op campaign with 3 people?Duckman5

Here

"Shack: There's a big emphasis on co-op with the new online mode, but can you still play through the story split-screen with a friend, like you could in the first Resistance?

Ted Price: No. The co-op follows a separate campaign all together. We are not playing through the single-player campaign.

Ted Price: Correct. But there is split-screen co-op, so you can play split-screen with--if you're sitting next to your buddy, you can play player A, he claims player B, you're with six other people who are online."

That's the way it should be ..

kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kenshinhimura10

[QUOTE="stooge_01"]will the online co-op be for only 8 players, no less? because me and my friend are huge fans of the series but were only 2 people. but we may have another one of our friends joining. so is it posible to play the co-op campaign with 3 people?Duckman5

Here

You know you just self owned yourself right?

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 420Token420
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="kenshinhimura10"]

[QUOTE="stooge_01"]will the online co-op be for only 8 players, no less? because me and my friend are huge fans of the series but were only 2 people. but we may have another one of our friends joining. so is it posible to play the co-op campaign with 3 people?kenshinhimura10

Here

You know you just self owned yourself right?

How?

kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kenshinhimura10
read his first post.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Duckman5

read his first post.kenshinhimura10

"You can't play coop campaign at all. It's a seperate parallel story."

Yes, you can't play the campaign coop you play a seperate storyline. I don't get what your trying to say...

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 420Token420

read his first post.kenshinhimura10

I did .. he confirmed what he wrote ..

You can't play the regular campaign in co-op .. it's a different story all together ..

Learn to read ..

whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts

Here

awesome so 2 people can be on the same system and there can be 6 others who are playing with you online. Sounds like warhawk. At least thats what i'm gathering. Awesome.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="kenshinhimura10"]

[QUOTE="stooge_01"]will the online co-op be for only 8 players, no less? because me and my friend are huge fans of the series but were only 2 people. but we may have another one of our friends joining. so is it posible to play the co-op campaign with 3 people?whodeysay85

Here

awesome so 2 people can be on the same system and there can be 6 others who are playing with you online. Sounds like warhawk. At least thats what i'm gathering. Awesome.

Pretty much exactly like warhawk except we don't know if this applies to regular game modes also. (Like deathmatch, TDM, etc)

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts

That's the way it should be ..

420Token420

What's up Al Bundy?! You're always in the R2 threads man!