Resident evil 1 has been released in Canada only

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Atheno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Atheno
Member since 2004 • 1902 Posts

Yep, I sent a message to Capcom about the Canadian region capcom PSn store, where it shows resident evil, here is proof

Please do not reply to this email. To help ensure a prompt response, please click the link at the bottom of this email to refine your question.

On 11/16/2008 you posed a question to CAPCOM Customer Support which was noted as inquiry 9116.Response:

Hello Cory,

We have no information on the game as it has only been released to Playstation Store in the Japanese & Canadian regions. Any issues with the installation of the game onto the PSP must be referred to Sony. They can be reached via telephone at 1-800-345-7669. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

From the help center at capcom USA. Why did only japan and Canada now get it?

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

BECAUSE CANADA RULEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

No idea but don't worry about it, you americans should receive it soon enough.

Atheno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Atheno

lebanese_boy

Canada and America are Brothers, if you see it like that or not. We usually get things at the exact same time. It's ..kinda weird that US region store didn't get it also.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

Atheno

Canada and America are Brothers, if you see it like that or not. We usually get things at the exact same time. It's ..kinda weird that US region store didn't get it also.

I don't know anything about brothers, but I do know that we DON'T have Resident Evil in our PS Store, I just checked...

o-10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 o-10
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

Atheno

^ I, too am surprised.

Though we are brothers, there are a couple of PS2 games I still can't find in Canada that my US friends have found. D:<

RandomxPulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 RandomxPulse
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

woah. so RE 1 is for the PSP now?

Imma have it shipped to me.

Atheno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Atheno
[QUOTE="Atheno"][QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

lebanese_boy

We do..I..own it..so do my friends. You sure you made a canadian account? You can choose american and not get the PSP store..I JUST checked my store..its STILL there. It's udner CAPCOM store, not the normal PSN store.

I don't know anything about brothers, but I do know that we DON'T have Resident Evil in our PS Store, I just checked...

wado-karate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 wado-karate
Member since 2007 • 3831 Posts
Uhh, I don't see RE1 on the PSN store.
Atheno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Atheno

lebanese_boy

Ok for some odd reason my first post didn't show up, I will retype, you have to go to the CAPCOM store not the PSN normal store. It's not listed there, the CAPCOM store can be found at the main menu of PSN, at the left side, bottom corner. It's there, I JUST RE CHECKED, it is there. IF it's not there for you, then sorry you made an american account.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lebanese_boy

I think I get it, it's on the PS3 Store under the Capcom category. So us on the PC and PSP store can't get it.

Stupid....

Atheno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Atheno

I think I get it, it's on the PS3 Store under the Capcom category. So us on the PC and PSP store can't get it.

Stupid....

lebanese_boy

Oh sorry, my bad, truly. i forgot to say you can onyl download on the PS3 PSN capcom store, once again, sorry.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lebanese_boy
[QUOTE="lebanese_boy"]

Stupid....

Atheno

Oh sorry, my bad, truly. i forgot to say you can onyl download on the PS3 PSN capcom store, once again, sorry.

It's fine, but I still find it stupid that they would put this only in the PS3 store, let alone deprive americans of having the game.

Atheno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Atheno

Stupid....

lebanese_boy

It's fine, but I still find it stupid that they would put this only in the PS3 store, let alone deprive americans of having the game.

Its actually even more retarded then that. It's not only JUST on ps3 store, but you can't even PLAY it on ps3. you need to hagve your psp connected to PS3 for it to even download. When it's done, it installs to PSP then deletes it self off PS3, FULL OF FAIL!

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lebanese_boy

It's not my type to complain that much but I just had to add this as well: I've made some searches on the subject and found out that the game doesn't even work! It freezes the PSP! Can it go even lower then that :lol: ?

Atheno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Atheno

Dude I know..I bought it, it just turns PSP off or freezes it. Like I said in my other post on PS3, it's the ultimate slap in the face. not only did we wait for ever tog et what Japan got, but only canadians got it (even though im canadian it's just nto fair to USA resident evil fans), it's not for PS3, psp only, and it doesn't evfen work on psp. What does that equal?

Ultimate pwnage from Sony and capcom. I ADMIT, they got me!

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lebanese_boy

Dude I know..I bought it, it just turns PSP off or freezes it. Like I said in my other post on PS3, it's the ultimate slap in the face. not only did we wait for ever tog et what Japan got, but only canadians got it (even though im canadian it's just nto fair to USA resident evil fans), it's not for PS3, psp only, and it doesn't evfen work on psp. What does that equal?

Ultimate pwnage from Sony and capcom. I ADMIT, they got me!

Atheno

Speaking of which, I wonder when they'll get PSN cards out in Canada.

I know it's a different subject but still. I would have bought that game if I had the card......and a PS3 of course :P

Atheno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Atheno
Not sure about the cards, but for a closing statement about the RE game, I reckon by this thursday there will be afix for it on PSN. If not, I say we all rush Sony HQ and Capcom as well.
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

The convoluted nature of the entire affair makes me laugh and laugh... Sony has Cranial Rectosis (aka "Head-Up-***-Disease"). There's no WAY I would buy into this scheme... re-issue the game, on UMD, and stop being fancy with it. I'm not buying a PS3 and I'm not paying for DL games that'll get erased from my memory card like a game save one day, accidentally. I've had issues with keeping the free demos of the PSN (USA), why would I PAY for the privalege of gnashing my teeth in frustration?

It's funny that this comes up, as I just played through RE on my other hand-held. So far when it comes to my favorite games of days gone by, the other one is winning. As I said in another thread though, I would play ports of any RE game if it made it to PSP. Sadly, it doesn't look like this is going to happen to my satisfaction (UMDs instead of a DL) anytime soon. The PSP is a good little system, I don't know what the problem is... other than the company who makes it and makes decisions for it.

(NOTE: THIS IS NOT A FLAME SO STAY CALM.)

UnamedThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#19 UnamedThing
Member since 2008 • 1761 Posts

Uhh, I don't see RE1 on the PSN store.wado-karate

Same... It's lies!

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

[QUOTE="wado-karate"]Uhh, I don't see RE1 on the PSN store.UnamedThing

Same... It's lies!

Yo fellas, the poster recanted and tried to clarify, but they had intended to post that the game is available through CAPCOM's site, not the PSN I believe... go back and read the thread again, I might be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure that was the eventual story.