RES 5 exclusive to 360??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nc_soldier
Member since 2004 • 789 Posts

yesterday i just stumbled over a gamereactor magazine from march(this magazine is in norwegian). But anyways, i read a couple of articels in it, and then headed for the rumor section, and there it said that res 5 might be exclusive for 360, ive done my best to translate what it said: The reason capcom did not show res 5 at the TGS, is said to be that capcom is now talking with microsoft about exclusivenes of the game. Earlier rumores suggested thats sony had tried the same, but pulled out of biddings. This might mean that res 5 will only be realesed for the 360.

Anyone have heared anything new about this? or anything at all? ive never been a fan of the series, but res4 rly seemed like a great game and i was looking forward to res5, hopeing it would turn out just as good as res 4 was said to be.

Conjuredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Conjuredevil
Member since 2004 • 1409 Posts

yesterday i just stumbled over a gamereactor magazine from march(this magazine is in norwegian). But anyways, i read a couple of articels in it, and then headed for the rumor section, and there it said that res 5 might be exclusive for 360, ive done my best to translate what it said: The reason capcom did not show res 5 at the TGS, is said to be that capcom is now talking with microsoft about exclusivenes of the game. Earlier rumores suggested thats sony had tried the same, but pulled out of biddings. This might mean that res 5 will only be realesed for the 360.

Anyone have heared anything new about this? or anything at all? ive never been a fan of the series, but res4 rly seemed like a great game and i was looking forward to res5, hopeing it would turn out just as good as res 4 was said to be.

nc_soldier

Havent heard man!! Please dont let this be true!!

Casper3141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Casper3141
Member since 2004 • 60 Posts

Who Cares Capcom sucks they are releasing it to 360 because they believe Multiplating is the way to go so they earn more cash, so When are they going to bring their big 360 titles the PS3? I Mean Multiplating is suppose to be about putting out games for both consoles

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
if anything it will be a timed exclusive
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lawlessx

Who Cares Capcom sucks they are releasing it to 360 because they believe Multiplating is the way to go so they earn more cash, so When are they going to bring their big 360 titles the PS3? I Mean Multiplating is suppose to be about putting out games for both consoles

Casper3141

mutitplat games go from consoles to pc..which is where DMC4 and lost planet are both heading. 

Casper3141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Casper3141
Member since 2004 • 60 Posts

Not always, Look at FEAR and Elder Scrolls they both started on PC and ended up on the 360 and PS3

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
sure, they probably have fond memories of RE4 exclusivity for the Gamecube
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lawlessx

Not always, Look at FEAR and Elder Scrolls they both started on PC and ended up on the 360 and PS3

Casper3141

oblivion was always announced for the 360 and pc..and i worded my post wrong..i meant to say that mutiplat games go for all platforms including the pc

Abby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Abby88
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts
Eh, I don't believe it until I hear something more than a rumor. Would suck if it turns out to be true, though.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
No way, it's already been announced as a multiplat game, it's coming to the PS3 & 360.
_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts

Who Cares Capcom sucks they are releasing it to 360 because they believe Multiplating is the way to go so they earn more cash, so When are they going to bring their big 360 titles the PS3? I Mean Multiplating is suppose to be about putting out games for both consoles

Casper3141

Capcom does bite nuts pretty hard. 

amourkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 amourkiss
Member since 2003 • 1751 Posts
OF COURSE NOT :)
Chris-Hansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chris-Hansen
Member since 2007 • 685 Posts

i raelly doubt it is true butas for the game itself im worried about it. the creator of RE4 the mastermind behind reviving the series left so i dont know how its gonna turn out, they havent even showed gameplay or anything new in ages !

darkmanure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darkmanure
Member since 2007 • 548 Posts
At least put a Link up if it's actually true.
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nc_soldier
Member since 2004 • 789 Posts

At least put a Link up if it's actually true.darkmanure

i dont know if its true or not, thats why im asking around. i found the information in the rumor section in the magazine "gamereactor" march edition. if you want to you can go to this page: www.gamereactor.no and download the magazine for free and look it up yourself, but as i said its in norwegian so i doubt that most of you can read it 

darkmanure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darkmanure
Member since 2007 • 548 Posts
Oh well I don't play resident evil, but I'll wait to see what capcom got to say about this. If it happens Capcom will probably slowly turn to 360 exclusive with MS unlimited money, not really but the man got billions.
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

Got to love capcom for never lying :)

Remember resident evil 4 being exclusive... and dmc4 ?

those where the days :lol: 

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

Who Cares Capcom sucks they are releasing it to 360 because they believe Multiplating is the way to go so they earn more cash, so When are they going to bring their big 360 titles the PS3? I Mean Multiplating is suppose to be about putting out games for both consoles

Casper3141
Me personally, ifs it a multiplatform game, i prefer the 360 versions over PS3 so far. PS3 for me is more for exclusives. But i TOTALLY agree that games should go both ways. If youre going multiplatform for profits sake, like Capcom says, then why arent PS3 owners playing Dead Rising? Personally it doesnt effect me, but i dont think its fair.
Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Schumi7WDC
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts

Well let's face it, you would have to be mentally challenged not to see that Capcom and Sony are in a deteriorating relationship with one another, atleast in this generation.  DMC 4 going multiplatform, went over really badly, Sony fanboys are crying for boycotts, Capcom also announced that they have no plans to port Lost Planet or Dead Rising to the PS3, and it's all going downhill between the two.  I'm not saying there is a shred of truth to this rumor, but come on, would anybody really be all that shocked at this point in time?

It will as it always does, come down to money, right now, the PS3 is badly trailing the other two consoles, even March which was supposed to be a big surge for the PS3, they were terribly behind the rest, they need to sell consoles to actual people, not just sell them to retailers so they can sit on shelves, until that happens, game developers are going to go where they know they can make a good showing with thier games.  Capcom has had a string of good success with MS, they have momentum, and an ever improving relationship with MS, and MS has huge pockets if they want to use them to get exclusives.

I wouldn't freak out about it though, we know the game is probably still a year off, and by that time, the PS3 may gather some momentum and have a strong enough install base, and by then people will have forgotten about the recent riffs between the two companies.  We all know the console has great worth, hopefully Capcom will too and keep the game available on it. 

sm0ke311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sm0ke311
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

dmc4 was ps3 exlusive  now re5 xbox exlusive, looks like capcom loves microsoft.

ludacriss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ludacriss
Member since 2005 • 1150 Posts
No way. Resident Evil was born on playstation. So it stays on ps.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

sure, they probably have fond memories of RE4 exclusivity for the GamecubeBenderUnit22

Good point. :P There's no way Capcom would want to limit one of their game to be available in just one console... Becuase they said they won't.

risi37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 risi37
Member since 2005 • 4542 Posts
no thats not true
jcwordlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 jcwordlife
Member since 2004 • 2686 Posts
How can it be exclusive to 360 when it is one of the Most Wanted games in Japan for PS3?
McSkombi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 McSkombi
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
[QUOTE="nc_soldier"]

Conjuredevil

Havent heard man!! Please dont let this be true!!

If that's true, than i I'll kill them! RE4 was my favourite game last gen!
newown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 newown
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts
I don't beleave !!!
RE1 2 3 4 all to PlayStation Game since the first series !!! How could Capcom say that after all of these years !!!!
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
Uh, does the REmake mean anything to anyone?  What about RE 0?  Microsoft might pay for the rights, that's their decision, if it is, one less game on the PS3.  If the rumor is true and Sony dropped out of the bidding, then it isn't Capcom's fault.  Once again they are doing what needs to be done to make money.
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts

it's funny how so many people all of a sudden don't like capcom and bad mouth their games just because they want to show some love to other consoles besides sony.  They are a business and right now if they want to make money, they expand their horizens past sony and look at how successful microsoft is and how well the 360 is selling.  If people want to hate capcom for that, then you really shouldnt' go into business yourself because you'll would go broke in a month.

And to the title of the post, I don't think it's going to be exclusive because it was annouced for both the 360 and PS3 when they first showed that trailer for it, but who know's, things can change.

rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rothman713
Member since 2007 • 693 Posts

it's funny how so many people all of a sudden don't like capcom and bad mouth their games just because they want to show some love to other consoles besides sony. They are a business and right now if they want to make money, they expand their horizens past sony and look at how successful microsoft is and how well the 360 is selling. If people want to hate capcom for that, then you really shouldnt' go into business yourself because you'll would go broke in a month.SmoothBrother1

I think that's a pathway you'll see many game companies start to follow in the upcoming years. If there's money to be made, why wouldn't they make a game multiplatform? (There are, of course, the occasional ultra-loyal companies, game companies that are paid to keep a game exclusive, and/or game companies that design a game so complex that it would no longer be cost-efficient to create a port)

ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts
No one can escape the cancer that is Microsoft.
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SmoothBrother1

[QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"]it's funny how so many people all of a sudden don't like capcom and bad mouth their games just because they want to show some love to other consoles besides sony. They are a business and right now if they want to make money, they expand their horizens past sony and look at how successful microsoft is and how well the 360 is selling. If people want to hate capcom for that, then you really shouldnt' go into business yourself because you'll would go broke in a month.rothman713

I think that's a pathway you'll see many game companies start to follow in the upcoming years. If there's money to be made, why wouldn't they make a game multiplatform? (There are, of course, the occasional ultra-loyal companies, game companies that are paid to keep a game exclusive, and/or game companies that design a game so complex that it would no longer be cost-efficient to create a port)

that is very True, companies like Square Enix and Konami will probably always favor sony, although they may want to taste the waters of microsoft here and there, I think it's safe to say there big games will always be exclusive to sony.  but most of the third party companies will go multiplatform because thats where the money is right now.

SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SmoothBrother1

No one can escape the cancer that is Microsoft.ball_of_air

Yeah well if you consider Microsoft a cancer to sony then sony was a cancer to nintendo, and you saw how that turned out for nintendo, didn't we.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

[QUOTE="ball_of_air"]No one can escape the cancer that is Microsoft.SmoothBrother1

Yeah well if you consider Microsoft a cancer to sony then sony was a cancer to nintendo, and you saw how that turned out for nintendo, didn't we.

that was nintendo fault because the ps 1 was soposed to be nintendo system then turn around and kick sony in the but. so sony after taking there to make the ps 1 they decided not to just scapt the idea made it into a system. nintendo did not want to change the contriges to cd so that is what made nintendo go to 2nd place.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GARRYTH
that would be so stupid of capcom because A no support in japan B. sony fans are the ones that gave them all that money.
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SmoothBrother1
[QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"]

[QUOTE="ball_of_air"]No one can escape the cancer that is Microsoft.GARRYTH

that was nintendo fault because the ps 1 was soposed to be nintendo system then turn around and kick sony in the but. so sony after taking there to make the ps 1 they decided not to just scapt the idea made it into a system. nintendo did not want to change the contriges to cd so that is what made nintendo go to 2nd place.

Point taken, but Ball_of_Air called microsoft a cancer for trying to make a name for themselves in the gaming industry, to me that just stupid.  Just how sony moved in on nintendo, microsoft is doing the same thing.  So why is microsoft a cancer?  and why wouldn't he consider sony a cancer also?

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GARRYTH
[QUOTE="GARRYTH"][QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"]

[QUOTE="ball_of_air"]No one can escape the cancer that is Microsoft.SmoothBrother1

Point taken, but Ball_of_Air called microsoft a cancer for trying to make a name for themselves in the gaming industry, to me that just stupid.  Just how sony moved in on nintendo, microsoft is doing the same thing.  So why is microsoft a cancer?  and why wouldn't he consider sony a cancer also?

because to me there not thinking up anything new. some people might xbox live but there microsoft so that is a giving. there forcing game devs to make there games the way they want them to be(fps). lair dev. said it them selves because they went to micrsoft first and trying to make them change the whole thing.  hey started the on-line thing and made story's in games disaper. you can see there not just tring to be in the game industry but take it over completly. weather im looking like a fanboy or not these things are noticable. just don't like the 360 (microsoft) stadergy on this whole thing. first out of the gate just for a very defalted counsole. they just abanded the first xbox. it might be not that bad but alot of defalted system out there. there tring to hard to win. it looks deperate
Magsec-Uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Magsec-Uk
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts

I understand the FF (SquareEnix) loyalty but is there not a rumour afoot that they on about taking the console dive themselves. Where will their loyalty lie then

Avatar image for deactivated-5f027f1888ad2
deactivated-5f027f1888ad2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#38 deactivated-5f027f1888ad2
Member since 2003 • 571 Posts
man i dont believe this crap res5 was announced to both consoles, i like capcom and especially re games,iam certain that it is just a romour,a big one actually,but if it is true capcom will be making a big mistake cause i dont think that they will harvest more money on the 360.
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SmoothBrother1
[QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"][QUOTE="GARRYTH"][QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"]

because to me there not thinking up anything new. some people might xbox live but there microsoft so that is a giving. there forcing game devs to make there games the way they want them to be(fps). lair dev. said it them selves because they went to micrsoft first and trying to make them change the whole thing.  hey started the on-line thing and made story's in games disaper. you can see there not just tring to be in the game industry but take it over completly. weather im looking like a fanboy or not these things are noticable. just don't like the 360 (microsoft) stadergy on this whole thing. first out of the gate just for a very defalted counsole. they just abanded the first xbox. it might be not that bad but alot of defalted system out there. there tring to hard to win. it looks deperate

Well your logic does seem a little fanboyish because sony's whole point of wanting to put out the first Playstation was to take over the whole industry, you don't think they came out with the playstation 1 just to be neck and neck with nintendo, do you?  If you feel you can take over a whole industry and push out the reigning kings, then you do it, it happens all the time, pepsi tries to do it with coke, Sony tried to do it with nintendo, they succeeded with Sega and now Microsoft is trying to do it with sony, it's not about being a cancer, it's about competition and molding the industry in your favor.

heavyhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 heavyhammer
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

its false .......they have been saying that about everygame coming out for the ps3...........from MGS4......to FF13

if anything they will release it for all 3 systems

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
[QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"][QUOTE="GARRYTH"][QUOTE="SmoothBrother1"]

Yeah well if you consider Microsoft a cancer to sony then sony was a cancer to nintendo, and you saw how that turned out for nintendo, didn't we.

Point taken, but Ball_of_Air called microsoft a cancer for trying to make a name for themselves in the gaming industry, to me that just stupid. Just how sony moved in on nintendo, microsoft is doing the same thing. So why is microsoft a cancer? and why wouldn't he consider sony a cancer also?

because to me there not thinking up anything new. some people might xbox live but there microsoft so that is a giving. there forcing game devs to make there games the way they want them to be(fps). lair dev. said it them selves because they went to micrsoft first and trying to make them change the whole thing. hey started the on-line thing and made story's in games disaper. you can see there not just tring to be in the game industry but take it over completly. weather im looking like a fanboy or not these things are noticable. just don't like the 360 (microsoft) stadergy on this whole thing. first out of the gate just for a very defalted counsole. they just abanded the first xbox. it might be not that bad but alot of defalted system out there. there tring to hard to win. it looks deperate

Actually, the only thing that is showing from your recent posts is a complete ignorance when it comes to evaluation of the Xbox 360 line up.  Story being driven out of games?  What about Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Resident Evil 5, Halo 3, Eternal Sonata, Cry on, Infinite Undiscovery, Grand Theft Auto 4, Assassin's Creed?  What does it tell you when people go through 4-5 Xbox's?  It tells me that the experience they get is so addictive that they can't walk away from it EVEN IF IT MEANS DROPPING ANOTHER $400 TO GET A NEW SYSTEM.

----------------------------------- 

To the poster that said Microsoft is a cancer, how?  I don't get it?  Because they spend money to give their consumers the experience they want for their money?  I must have missed something, since when is delivering quality product to your consumer being a cancer...because Sony says it is?  Sony paid the money to get Squaresoft on board and away from Nintendo.  Ever hear about the Nintendo 64 version of Final Fantasy 7?  Of course not, but it did exist way back when.  Sony can hide under their facade of "we don't pay for games, they just come" all they want.  The Playstation brand is losing money, people have just about had it with the defects in their XBR line of TV's (clouds on LCD's, green splotches w/ rainbows on their rear projections), what do they have left?  

Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts

This is why microsoft and capcom suck.

MS cant dev for $H!t and since they have all the money, they´ll just buy games to screw over the PS3

and capcom just suck, there just **** afraid to make games to support PS3 because it hasnt sold as much as the 360, while THEY should be making system selling software