Re-review Uncharted don't use Ryan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZahrimThoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 ZahrimThoth
Member since 2004 • 299 Posts

It would be nice to get a re-review of the game from someone that is not biased and actually knows the genre he/she reviews in. I'm sure many feel the same way for Ratchet & Clank. Ryan is a 360 gamer, having someone like this review an Exclusive PS3 title, one that many have been waiting for (was there even a Launch Center?) is a complete disservice to both the game and the system.

boo Ryan Davis boo

REFORM THE REVIEW PROCESS!

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
It's like a mass exodus from GS. :lol:
justin_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 justin_06
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts

It's like a mass exodus from GS. :lol:emitsu97

A bit of house cleaning, perhaps?

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts

why is he gone?

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]It's like a mass exodus from GS. :lol:justin_06

A bit of house cleaning, perhaps?

Well i would also leave a site that lost all its credibility.

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
Is there any sort of link to back up that claim?
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

the uncharted review was a travesty. how can a game be too hard or too easy(or both in this case :lol: )if it hasmultiple difficulty modes?

dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts
did MS stop funding and Sony picked up the slack? :D jk
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

Yup and wasn't Ninja Gaiden on XBOX hard too and it is still a great game.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

Yup and wasn't Ninja Gaiden on XBOX hard too and it is still a great game.

bobbyD213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bobbyD213
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts
Ryan Davis is awesome.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
Well I won't miss his reviews, but do you have a link or anything to the story?
PS2Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PS2Hawk
Member since 2003 • 4180 Posts
good becuase thats the sh******t review he wrote. that fanboy, up ***
svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts
So Gamespot had to officially address the review of Ratchet - is it possible that at the time they started reviewing their rewiers??? Maybe the cleanup is an admittance that they haven't been completely fair and aren't putting in the time they get paid to put in... just a thought
ZahrimThoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ZahrimThoth

Yes, I do have a story to back up the claim:

http://www.gamespot.com/users/Ryan

PS3Dude33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PS3Dude33
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

Ryan Davis, the GS reviewer that scored Uncharted a disappointing 8.0 is now gone from Gamespot! He did all PS3 and Uncharted fans a disservice with a lackluster review of one of the systems best games.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

It would be nice to get a re-review of the game from someone that is not biased and actually knows the genre he/she reviews in. I'm sure many feel the same way for Ratchet & Clank.

ZahrimThoth

Holy crap. I was just complaining about this over on the post from Gamespot about the Kane and Lynch thing. Especially how that guy completely screwed up the review on Uncharted which certainly derserves at least a 9 if Halo can get a 9.5. Well I second that opinion then GOOD RIDDANCE!

PS3Dude33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PS3Dude33
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

ZahrimThoth

??? That's link doesn't say he's leaving at all. I think you are mistaken. Needless to say his Uncharted review still sucks and I hope becomes more objective or DOES leave.

svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 svenskamerikan
[QUOTE="ZahrimThoth"]

PS3Dude33

??? That's link doesn't say he's leaving at all. I think you are mistaken. Needless to say his Uncharted review still sucks and I hope becomes more objective or DOES leave.

LOL - how did he get that Ryan is gone based on that link.......seriously learn how to read (original thread writer).... WOW that is how rumors get started - never knew

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
All i want is unbiased reviews.
solaris1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 solaris1979
Member since 2003 • 1592 Posts

ZahrimThoth

It was a mistake to have one guy that doesnt even play PS3 (just 1 PS3 title in his PS3 collection? something's fishy here) was the mistake. I say we should review the Gamespot review process and let people that is not biased toward one system to do the review for that game genre, like what PC Gamers does, which has a specific reviewer for FPS, RTS, turn-based, simulation, racing, and what not. Instead of this "haha, i know you are xbox fan but i hate you so ur going to play hello kitty game for review this week stuff." If you look at each of the reviewer's profile, they are almost purely Xbox-centric. I won't say they are bought out by MS, but to have bunch of 360 gamers reviewing PS3 is just my idea of biased review in preparation (i doubt they even bothered to try the PS3 version given choice).

EmielGr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 EmielGr
Member since 2007 • 344 Posts
That'd be good. I never liked him (not because of scores he gave games).
shadystxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 shadystxxx
Member since 2005 • 2158 Posts

Ryan has not left.

God know's how you got "Ryan davis is gone" from that blog post.

I'm a PS3 fan but i'm a multi-console owner and have no loyalty to any corparation, i go where the games go and great games go to every platform.

Over the last year or so all i have read from the PS3 forum is crying fangirls constantly, game's like heavenly sword/motorstorm/uncharted/RFOM/lair all got fair reviews IMO, they are good games except lair but heavenly sword is not on the same level as god of war/ninja gaiden so how could it get a 9.0+/ RFOM is not on the same level as Gears/rainbow six/crysis so how doe's it deserve a 9.0+.

Sony have brought out some good exclusive games this year but nothing amazing, and the only reason the fangirls want 9.0+ exclusives is so they can head over to system war's and brag about a game the other pathetic bunch of fangirls cannot play.

Constant crying is all i read, it's like gamespot is populated with 95% of she-boy's readying there hand-bags for dawn.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Honestly, I think they all should be canned and replaced by PROFESSIONALS. A game review site becomes a complete joke when they start taking sides after being neutral for so long. 360 was to give this "we're hip" feel and Gamespot bought into it like a mindless bunch of fools.

As I've said in many posts in the past on this subject, I can do a better job than they can. Why? I don't subscribe to this childish "system war" and what I like doesn't matter when it comes to a public general review. If I'm stuck to do a genre I don't like, I'd still review it to the best of my ability and try to see it from the point of view of fans that do like it. It's a service to the public, plain and simple.

ZahrimThoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZahrimThoth
You are correct, but I'll explain where I read too much into the blog. A few people in the comments of that blog made it sound like Ryan was gone. I edited my first post in this thread to correct that...different post altogether, but my intent is still the same. Ryan Davis should NEVER review a PS3 game, especially an exclusive title.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Ryan has not left.

I'm a PS3 fan but i'm a multi-console owner and have no loyalty to any corparation, i go where the games go and great games go to every platform.

Over the last year or so all i have read from the PS3 forum is crying fangirls constantly, game's like heavenly sword/motorstorm/uncharted/RFOM/lair all got fair reviews IMO, they are good games except lair but heavenly sword is not on the same level as god of war/ninja gaiden so how could it get a 9.0+/ RFOM is not on the same level as Gears/rainbow six/crysis so how doe's it deserve a 9.0+.

Sony have brought out some good exclusive games this year but nothing amazing, and the only reason the fangirls want 9.0+ exclusives is so they can head over to system war's and brag about a game the other pathetic bunch of fangirls cannot play.

Constant crying is all i read, it's like gamespot is populated with 95% of she-boy's readying there hand-bags for dawn.

shadystxxx

I agree with you. But it also doesn't help when the site itself fuels it. I personally don't care about the scores, and I wasn't impressed with HS at all quite frankly. Like you, I too go with what I like and don't do this crap. But I do see it, and this site and it's staff are far from being innocent. Also for the population here, it's one thing to get "hrmph" about it, but most of these people take it too far. Like it's some fictional "war" happening. Going around like Gamespot is some Nazi PS3 prison camp. I just say, "don't take it too seriously" This site has no creditability anymore. It was dying when they started this system war crap in the first place. I myself only really come here cause any PS3 related news usually ends up here pretty quickly, on this forum I mean.

svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 svenskamerikan

Ryan has not left.

shadystxxx

The only flaw in your reasoning is that a lot of times people are complaining when Gamespot is giving SIGNIFICANTLY lower ratings than most other game magazines.... Ratchet would be one example. If a lot of sites are giving low scores people agree or disagree, but when games gets more than a full point less on GS then they have a right to question the sites integrity (especially considering MS big donor ship money to CNET....

solaris1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 solaris1979
Member since 2003 • 1592 Posts

Ryan has not left.

shadystxxx

I am still debating if I should bash you on the word play "fangirl"...

Having fair view on all games are important, but it's another issue when you take preferred console into account. Why let someone who have mostly 360 collection and obviously not wanting to bother with PS3 review a PS3 exclusive title? Is'nt it more fair if they can get someone who is truely passionate in PS3 to review that game for us? Multi-platform user like us does not represent the norm of the people that plays 360 or PS3.

A lot of the console shooter will show up as being slow and just downright borning on PC, yet they are perfect for controller type gameplay. If review is to be fair, just about all the FPS for console should get about 2-3 points lower.

But it's not, why? Double standard? Sure, different system, different game play, different target audiance, different need and taste. So why have guys that only play 360 in their life review PS3 when the PS3 and 360 owners are clearly not one and the same? When the game score is vastly different from the score given by the gaming community (well, beside K&L), it is not to say game reviewer is at fault or not fair, but, rather, we have the wrong person reviewing the wrong game that cannot see from what general PS3 audiance is seeing in these games. It's one thing to have a guy that spend majority of time on PS3 bashing one game, but I dare you to say the same for someone who had reviewed a PS3 exclusive when the only PS3 game he ever owned is warhawk.

skee_uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 skee_uk
Member since 2003 • 171 Posts

strange how games like uncharted and ratchet get reletavly low scores on some websites.

i know for sure if uncharted was 360 exclusive it would be a case of "a stunning game buy it now, grafix are unbelievable thisis just like a moview etc etc etc"

ZahrimThoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ZahrimThoth

strange how games like uncharted and ratchet get reletavly low scores on some websites.

i know for sure if uncharted was 360 exclusive it would be a case of "a stunning game buy it now, grafix are unbelievable thisis just like a moview etc etc etc"skee_uk

QFT!

Uncharted should be Game of the Year (for consoles), but it's going to be shadowed by an unoriginal, been there done that Halo 3.