replaying single player games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Srenjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Srenjy
Member since 2010 • 307 Posts

are you guys have a habit of this? i find myself replaying a lot of uncharted series and god of war 3 and deadspace 1 and 2 everytime, just cranking up difficulty more and more as a pass through, hahah but some games like l.a noire i just cant replay, now im thinking of replaying darksiders for the last time a played it is a year and 8 months already

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
The only games I repeatedly played on my PS3 was Uncharted 1 which I beat 17 times and Uncharted 2 which I beat several times. I don't typically do so anymore, but I have been thinking about a whole GoW series run on Easy (since I beat them all on their second hardest difficulties), another Uncharted 1 run, a Batman AC NG+, and a replay of Prince of Persia 2008 once I beat it. All these games though are being borrowed by various friends, and honestly, I can wait, because I really really want to replay DXHR. That's almost a guarantee from me.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
I've replayed most of the games in my collection at least once
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Some years ago I did it too, played every Final Fantasy Title up to X-2 at least twice (the motivation to do so with XII and XIII kinda left me, and still have to finish XIII-2) and many other games I did it as well, most recent ones are Infamous 1 & 2 and Batman Arkham City for their Trophies (All three platinumed) but time and more new game releases wont allow this luxury for me now anymore (STILL have to play The Witcher 2 on PC o_O )

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I've only really done that with shorter "instant gratification" sort of games like Max Payne 3 and the Uncharteds. Demon's & Dark Souls are the only lengthy games I went through a second time.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
I'm almost done with uncharted for the second time. That, "no gameplay" stigma the series has is a load of bs.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
UC2&3 crysis2 dark souls redemption
Avatar image for T-A-N-T-H-I-L-L
T-A-N-T-H-I-L-L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 T-A-N-T-H-I-L-L
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I've finish resident evil 4 then hundred dead.... I'm italian and sorry for my english, but i'm singup in these forum for study these language and I ther help for my error ;)
Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
Not many, I still think FEAR has my record for how many times I've played through completely for a singleplayer game. RE4, GOW series, RE5, GTAIV, ME1, just to name a few more.
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

I only replay if I can change the outcome, like fallout and infamous. There are too many games I want to play to keep coming back to the same game. However my few exceptions are for farming trophies or co-oping with friends, like in uncharted.

T-A-N-T-H-I-L-L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 T-A-N-T-H-I-L-L

I only replay if I can change the outcome, like fallout and infamous. There are too many games I want to play to keep coming back to the same game. However my few exceptions are for farming trophies or co-oping with friends, like in uncharted.

damann22
Infamous is an big game.... i don't use infamous 2.... is better than infamous 1??? you play these game??
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
Sometimes I say I'm going to, but after a few chapters I hang up the controller for good. Recently though I'm thinking I could go back through Uncharted 2 a second time. That game took me away as completely as any in recent memory.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Yeah I do. Sometimes just wanna run through a game again.:D

Also I agree TC I tried to replay LA Noire and in about 5 minutes I was about to fall asleep it was so boring.:lol:

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
I used to replay a lot of games when I was younger and new games were few and far between, but now that I'm older and can buy any game I want I find myself buying more and more new games so the time to replay old ones is very limited. I'll still go back every once in a while and replay an old favorite though, usually during the spring and summer because of the lack of new releases during this time. Most recently I went back and replayed Persona 3 about 2 months ago.
T-A-N-T-H-I-L-L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 T-A-N-T-H-I-L-L

damann22
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#16 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I do replay single player campaigns, but after a long length of time so it feels fresh again. Usually between 1 and 2 years after first playing it.

illestStyolz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 illestStyolz
whenever I beat the hardest mode I usually stick to multiplayer.
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
I already finished Fallout New Vegas like 5 times. Right now I'm playing it for the 6th time.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I already finished Fallout New Vegas like 5 times. Right now I'm playing it for the 6th time.unrealtron

Why? It can't be that good.

Srenjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Srenjy
Member since 2010 • 307 Posts
im replaying darksiders 1 now and im still enjoying it maybe more than my first time :D
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
After the platinum trophy I need to force myself to go back, but when I do I always enjoy it.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
I love LA Noire and don't have an issue replaying it. Actually the way the game is structured it makes it very easy to play again and again, like watching a TV series after you seen it all; going back and watching certain episodes you like but with LA Noire's you can change the outcome and try to perfect each case by getting 5 stars.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#23 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I always do this, I've completed every game in my collection at least twice with the exception of Battlefield 3 which his just horrible. I don't spend a lot of money on games so I have to.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

[QUOTE="damann22"]

T-A-N-T-H-I-L-L

Infamous is an big game.... i don't use infamous 2.... is better than infamous 1??? you play these game??

I think you are trying to say. "Infamous is a big game. I have not played Infamous 2...Is infamous 2 better than infamous 1? Do you play these games?"

Just keep working at it and you will get english down. Try listening to a lot of movies that say the english words well. I do that when I try to learn spanish.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#25 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

All the games I buy are SP and they all get replayed dozens of times each. It's a waste of money to only play a game once. At least it is for me.

4dr1el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 4dr1el
Member since 2012 • 2380 Posts

I'm almost done with uncharted for the second time. That, "no gameplay" stigma the series has is a load of bs.Heirren

thats because of fanboys and their jelly, nothing more. The same happens with MGS4 and "its a movie" remark. Lems are still butthurt they dont have it. Would it be announced for the 360 and they would be all over it

edit: Is SW off for someone else?

JogsterXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JogsterXL
Member since 2010 • 298 Posts
I typically replay at least once, especially if there are unlockables and such reasons for replaying. For instance, I replay Resident Evil 5 single player until I have S ranked every mission on all difficulties, unlocked and upgraded all guns, etc. I replay MGS4 until I have obtained all emblems, all weapons, camos, ipod songs, etc. I replay Uncharted to finish all difficulties, collect all treasures, obtain all medals, etc. Other than such instances, I rarely replay a game unless it has been a couple years or so and I want to relive its glory.
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
I have played some games 2 times. I feel like it would be crazy to play a 10-20+ hour video game all the way through more than a few times. Maybe some of the old-school games that take only an hour to beat, but not any of the modern games that have a "story'. It would be like torture replaying most of them.