Rented Tekken: DR..... Yuck!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gotcha455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gotcha455
Member since 2006 • 2611 Posts
The high praise and overall lack of good titles available at the local Blockbuster lead me to this title. I was under the assumption that, although fighting games don't interest me, a game of this caliber should convert me. WRONG. I can't see what people like about it - Stage after stage of punching and kicking? L A M E. Guess I just dislike fighters as a genre.
killjoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 killjoi
Member since 2002 • 10005 Posts
I'd like to hear from Tekken players who've played this--how does it compare to the console and arcade versions?
tonemd_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tonemd_basic
Member since 2003 • 1944 Posts

Out of all the platforms that fighting games exist on, you thought the handheld version of Tekken would convert you? Interesting.

If you actually LIKE fighting games, Tekken DR is a great game. I only had two gripes: No infracture VS and I had to mod the d-pad to make it playable (not as interesting as it sounds).

Stage after stage of punching and kicking? Maybe you should have turned the difficulty up or downloaded some ghosts from other Tekken players. To each his own I guess.

kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts

It is basically a carbon copy of the game, but on a psp. If you like the ps2 or arcade version, then this will be perfect.

Like the original poster said he does not like fighters, so it is rather unsurprising that he did not enjoy this game. Although I would say this game is a lot more than punching and kicking, if you make it so.

4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 4dry4n
Member since 2007 • 1411 Posts
Maybe it's just you most people like Tekken including me. The PSP excels on fighting games you just don't like fighting games that's why you think it sukcs but the rest of the world doesn't.
hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
im not a fan of the fighting genre either, and i really disliked this game as well. but thats expected, given the fact that like i stated before, i really don't like fighting games.
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts

I'd like to hear from Tekken players who've played this--how does it compare to the console and arcade versions?killjoi

It's the same great experience, and for some strange reason is more fun to beat the crap out of the computer in the PSP

For the one that posted the Thread: If you haven't been playing games from the Tekken series what would you expect

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts

Out of all the platforms that fighting games exist on, you thought the handheld version of Tekken would convert you? Interesting.

If you actually LIKE fighting games, Tekken DR is a great game. I only had two gripes: No infracture VS and I had to mod the d-pad to make it playable (not as interesting as it sounds).

Stage after stage of punching and kicking? Maybe you should have turned the difficulty up or downloaded some ghosts from other Tekken players. To each his own I guess.tonemd_basic

LOL, not mod, you just need to wear it out a little bit. And yeah not having infrastructure VS is the worst thing that could've happened

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
What has the OP been smoking?
tonemd_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tonemd_basic
Member since 2003 • 1944 Posts
[QUOTE="tonemd_basic"]

Stage after stage of punching and kicking? Maybe you should have turned the difficulty up or downloaded some ghosts from other Tekken players. To each his own I guess.piranha_inc

LOL, not mod, you just need to wear it out a little bit. And yeah not having infrastructure VS is the worst thing that could've happened

Maybe mod is too strong a word. :) But I know I had to do the whole stick plastic under the d-pad to get Raven to do his shadow step consistently. Good for all PSP fighting games.

stubbies1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 stubbies1
Member since 2006 • 188 Posts
i dont really like fighters but this game is alright. its a laugh with friends tho
TheCheat23k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheCheat23k
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts
I like many fighting games, but I never really cared for Tekken, nor do I care for Tekken DR. Its a decent game, but gets boring really quick.
GeonYoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GeonYoung
Member since 2005 • 155 Posts

The high praise and overall lack of good titles available at the local Blockbuster lead me to this title. I was under the assumption that, although fighting games don't interest me, a game of this caliber should convert me. WRONG. I can't see what people like about it - Stage after stage of punching and kicking? L A M E. Guess I just dislike fighters as a genre.gotcha455

You should own it, so you can think that it's yours forever. Then you'll like the game... as I did

suchoi1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 suchoi1919
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts
i was not big fan of fighting game but tekken dr was pretty aswome
Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

Tekken Dr is honestly the best/deepest fighting game ive ever played. Baek do son ftw

thenobody300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thenobody300
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts
I actually just bought the game yesterday. I'm having a blast with it. I can't believe all the unlockables and stuff to do in the game. My new favorite PSP game!
B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#17 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts
Great game IMO I a huge fan of fighting games Tekken DR is one of the Best on the PSP
lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

Maybe it's just you most people like Tekken including me. The PSP excels on fighting games you just don't like fighting games that's why you think it sukcs but the rest of the world doesn't.4dry4n

Somebodys a fanboy...

Actually I didnt really like it either. It should of had online. It also got pretty boring for me but thats just my opinion. The graphics were pretty impressive though..

4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 4dry4n
Member since 2007 • 1411 Posts
woot fanboy??? it's one of the best games for the PSP ya heard! IDK how did you came with the conclusion that I am a fanboy? but oh well nevermind.
joshsta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#20 joshsta7
Member since 2007 • 280 Posts

I had never owned and hardly played properly a Tekken game in my life, and I LOVED Tekken Dark Resurrection.

I think it is still the most addicting PSP game. I played it for over 20 hours and I got more than my money's worth!

I literally could not stop playing it until I got to the highest rank-Divine Fist

I said "That's It!" so many times when it got frustrating and took the game out, but I got it a out again and did it. Its an awesome game.