Recommendation for PS4 games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

I really like JRPG. I'm thinking about getting Tales of Berseria (I already have 8 Tales games on my shelf) but the thing is, from what I've seen, Velvet is one of those kind of characters I really hate. I just watched episodes 6-7 in Zesteria anime and I couldn't stand Velvet. She just was horrible, with full of hate and rage, like other character I really hate- Kratos from GOW.

Anyway, I'm looking for other JRPG or WRPG games on the PS4.

I already have on PS4 those games: Digimon story cyber Seluth, FF15, SAO Lost Song, Witcher 3. And I already played on PS3 those games (which are on PS4 also): Tales of Zesteria, Nights of Azure, Dragon Age 3, Valkria Chronicles and Skyrim. so don't reccomend them.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Digimon world next order just came out. It plays like Digimon world 1 if you've ever played that.

And Horizon zero dawn comes out soon. And Kh 2.8 is worth it if you haven't played dream drop distance and can get it for under 50.

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3  Edited By RedAlert539
Member since 2015 • 361 Posts

I'm not very fond of JRPGs or the PS4 exclusive library in particular so i'll just point out the obvious: Persona 5? I think it comes out in April. Sorry if i'm being too predictable.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

@yammireckorrdsan: Have you tried the Disgaea series?

It's a Strategy RPG but a very good comical series.

YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 YammiReckorrdSan

@RSM-HQ: I have Disgaea 4 on PS3 and it was good but I wasn't able to really get into it.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I really, really, really enjoy Tales of Berseria. It is true, that Velvet is full of rage. They try to explain it though, as you start off with her being very sympathetic until some major story events that change her. The story they tell is fantastic and they add characters to contrast her. Magilou for example is one of my fav. JRPG characters ever. They did a fantastic job in Gameplay, characters and story. To me it is the best (non-strategy) JRPG in the last 10 years. A must-have for every JRPG fan IMO.

There really aren't many good JRPGs on the PS4. Sure there's games like Megadimensional Neptunia, the Fairy Fencer port, Grand Kingdom, Atelier Iris, Omega Quintet and many more, but they are pretty much just average. I played them all and on the PS4 my favs. are probably Disgaea 5, Tales of Berseria, I am Setsuna and World of Final Fantasy (besides the ports of great games like FFX or Odin Sphere)

YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 YammiReckorrdSan

@ArchoNils2: Yeah, I really enjoyed Magliou in Zesteria anime. Thanks bro. I just ordered Berseria, I was thinking about it anyway.

Now I have 20$ on my credit card. I'm thinking about another game on that price. I use this site for ordering games:

http://www.base.com/games/ps4/bestseller/pg735/bn10005853/games.htm?link=dropdownmenu

If anyone can help with anouther game it will be good. 20 us dollars are about 16 british pounds. For the second game in doesn't have to be RPG.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#8  Edited By benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9174 Posts

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 HD Remix are coming to the PS4 next month recommend them if you missed out on the PS3 version

DarkTower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarkTower
Member since 2017 • 201 Posts

bloodborne

dark souls 3

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Fallout 4

Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition.

Dragon's Crown

Child of Light

Diablo 3 Evil Edition

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Wait for Ys 8 and Persona 5. Ys 8 especially.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@yammireckorrdsan said:

I really like JRPG. I'm thinking about getting Tales of Berseria (I already have 8 Tales games on my shelf) but the thing is, from what I've seen, Velvet is one of those kind of characters I really hate. I just watched episodes 6-7 in Zesteria anime and I couldn't stand Velvet. She just was horrible, with full of hate and rage, like other character I really hate- Kratos from GOW.

Anyway, I'm looking for other JRPG or WRPG games on the PS4.

I already have on PS4 those games: Digimon story cyber Seluth, FF15, SAO Lost Song, Witcher 3. And I already played on PS3 those games (which are on PS4 also): Tales of Zesteria, Nights of Azure, Dragon Age 3, Valkria Chronicles and Skyrim. so don't reccomend them.

Going to include a few non rpg that I like as well. I listed some non rpg due to the fact that they are quality couch co op games.

Games that are out:

Disgaea 5, World of Final Fantasy, Yakuza 0, Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (couch co op), Digimon World: New Order, Gravity Rush 2, Alienation (couch co op), The King of Fighters XIV, TowerFall Ascension (couch co op), Bloodborne, Nioh, EDF 4.1 (couch co op), Dragon Quest Builders, Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star, God Eater 2, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Dark Souls 3, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Child of Light. Project Setsuna, Divinity Original Sin, Darkest Dungeon, Final Fantasy: Type-0, Stardew Valley, The Dwarves, Sword Coast Legends, The Banner Saga 1 and 2, The Witch and the Hundred Knight, Gauntlet, Wasteland 2, Citizens of Earth, Crypt of the Necrodancer (couch co op), Bastion, Costume Quest 2, Lords of the Fallen, Transistor, Stories: The Path of Destinies, and Megadimension: Neptunia. There are also a few lesser quality reviewed games like The Technomancer, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, and Bound by Flame that might be more of a risk but still have some stuff in it to enjoy.

Games that aren't out YET:

Horizon: Zero Dawn is coming out in like week I believe. Persona 5 is coming in april. Yakuza Kiwami in the summer when you end up liking Yakuza 0. Ni no Kuni 2 is coming out later this year. Yakuza 6 early 2018. Keep in mind that the yakuza games are already released in japan so we're getting them every half year up to 6 to catch up. They are great though. Kiwami is a remake of 1 and 0 is a prequel that takes plce in the 80's. EDF 5 (couch co op) comes out later this year. Nier Automata is a good rpg hack and slash made by platinum games with the director and composer of the original nier and published by square enix coming out like next month, Nights of Azure 2 is coming this year. Toukiden 2 is coming out this year I believe. Nex machina is coming this year aong with Matterfall. The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 is coming this year. Mass Effect Andromeda is coming out soon. Kingdom Come Deliverance is coming out this year apparently. Torment: Tides of Numenera is coming out this year. Vampyr is coming this year. Divinity: Original Sin 2 is coming out this year.

Jeg3854

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jeg3854
Member since 2017 • 52 Posts

@putaspongeon:

I love your game recommendations. It's walk in the game store point at the wall of PS4 games and say give me those, plus everything else that shows up this year...Awesome!!!