recomendations please.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11785 Posts

could some of you recomend me some good single disc, rpg's that were on the ps2, so that i might get me some more rpg style play on the ps3 for a little while, im in the mood for some real good rpgs. thanks. oh and make sure they are single disc.

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
How about FFXII? Great game.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11785 Posts

How about FFXII? Great game.Thomas-Crown

thanks i got the final fantasy games on my list already, thanks though.

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
Well, this one isn't exactly a rpg but is similar (IMO) and is something you should really give it try. I love it to bits, BTW. The game is called Okami.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

Well, this one isn't exactly a rpg but is similar (IMO) and is something you should really give it try. I love it to bits, BTW. The game is called Okami.Thomas-Crown

I was going to say that too, and Kingdom Hearts.

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts

could some of you recomend me some good single disc, rpg's that were on the ps2, so that i might get me some more rpg style play on the ps3 for a little while, im in the mood for some real good rpgs. thanks. oh and make sure they are single disc.

Lach0121
I'm not sure if you'd like these. But some of my favorite PS2 games were Silent Hill 2, Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Primal, Odin Sphere, and yes. Okami. :)
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gizmo_logix

Lach0121
Oh, and make sure you check out Folklore for the PS3 when i comes out.
PapaGlide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 PapaGlide
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

Kingdom Hearts has the best story in the world and if you dont experience emotions of happiness and saddness your one cold hearted pig..........God of War is sweet and Silent Hill scares the crpa out of me

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gizmo_logix

Kingdom Hearts has the best story in the world and if you dont experience emotions of happiness and saddness your one cold hearted pig..........God of War is sweet and Silent Hill scares the crpa out of me

PapaGlide
You got that right. I played it for 2 weeks and had to put the game down for a few days because it freaked me out so much. it's not scary like Fatal Frame or Resident Evil. It's more freaky morbid! Silence of the Lamb freaky.
VeSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 VeSupreme
Member since 2006 • 1963 Posts
Try the Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne I love that game. PS. Sorry if I misspelled it.
ace52387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ace52387
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts

Okami is very similar to Zelda games while Odin sphere is an action game at heart with a very long, RPG-eque story. Both of those are good.

Nocturne is kinda like pokemon on hallucinagens. You collect deities and they fight for you. The combat get incredibly tedious, and it's not an easy game, but it's not without its charm.

All the Tales games are really fun to play. They're also usually light hearted, with complex, but cheesy stories. If you can deal w/ the corniness, you'll be enjoying one of the least tedious battle systems in RPGs.

Valkyrie profile 2 is basically unplayable if you haven't played the first because the story will make 0 sense. If you have played the first, it's a really fun game that gives you buttloads of characters and the battle system is designed in a way that's semi-real time. It lets you experiment a crapton with specific combos between different characters as well as big picture strategy. From equipped skills to character choice to attack choice from each character, combo possibilities alone are all insane let alone big picture strategies.

Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts
Dragon quest 8 is a single disc also the xenosaga trilogy. dark cloud 2 and rogue galaxy.
Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts
I mentioned the xenosaga trilogy I forgot episode 2 and 3 both are 2 disc