Reason to buy a ps4 at lanch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

I want one coz there new and awesome but I don't feel the need to purchase one at launch when I'll still be getting through this lot:

batman arkham origins

beyond two souls

gta v

mgs5

watchdogs

rayman legends

destiny

the evil within

plus cod ghosts and fifa 14 to keep me going

I guess what i'm asking is, whats the benifit from buying a ps4 day one? wouldnt I be better off waiting a year? who knows, may be a price drop by then.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

If you can wait that long then go ahead.

The benefits of buying day 1 are that you get to experience next gen.

I doubt there will be a price drop anytime soon man.

Personally I would not be able to hold out that long which is why I preorderd it.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Do what is best for you.  If you're not excited enough to buy early, then don't.

I, on the other hand, am too excited to wait.  Is the launch lineup (that we know of so far) the most exciting to me?  Not exactly, but I simply can't stand the notion that there's a new console out and it's not in my possession. I can't let that be.

That's about what it boils down to - excitement and wanting it as soon as I can get it.  I wish the launch lineup looked better (not final yet), but there will still be plenty to play that it won't be collecting dust.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
It's up to u. I have been waiting like 3 years for next gen. There is plenty of stuff to play on current if your happy with it.
joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

I'm definately exited and want one on day one. I just don't know if I can justify it when theres still so many awesome games to come on ps3. I'm more exited for the likes of gta v and arkham origins than new killzone or infamous. If alot of the games I listed were exclusive to next gen I'd have preordred mine by now. But think I'll prob hold off till theres a must have game on ps4.

pickettsticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pickettsticket
Member since 2012 • 193 Posts

well i sold my PS3 a year ago so i need this new console, but if you still have games to play and you dont mind too much about playing next gen games before the games you mentioned then wait a bit, but you will have to wait quite a while for a price drop

zombieeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zombieeric
Member since 2012 • 54 Posts

I got YLOD earlier this year, so I'm picking up a PS4 at launch.  Otherwise, I'd probably wait.  There's plenty of stuff still coming out for the PS3 like GTAV and Dark Souls 2.  So, no reason to upgrade just yet.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I for one can't wait for next gen that is why i'm getting a PS4 at launch.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
The reason to get a PS4 at launch is to have the newest piece of tech before your friends.
Outsider-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Outsider-G
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts

I, on the other hand, am too excited to wait. I simply can't stand the notion that there's a new console out and it's not in my possession. I can't let that be.

That's about what it boils down to - excitement and wanting it as soon as I can get it.

nyc05

Agreed

pickettsticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pickettsticket
Member since 2012 • 193 Posts

The reason to get a PS4 at launch is to have the newest piece of tech before your friends.Kravyn81

And to play the kickass games . . . anyone else?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
This is a question that only you can answer. We currently don't know the full day one launch line-up for the PS4, but if out of what is announced there are a good amount of titles you want to get (I usually set 3 as my minimum, with 5 been preferred) then go for it. Otherwise if you have enough on PS3 to tide you over for a while, play them and when you've finished them, then look to the PS4.
ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts
Some of those games you listed will be better on PS4.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
i buy PS4 at launch reason i want next gen console
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I would get one for Infamous.  That game might not necessarily be out on launch day, but it seems like it will be coming sometime during launch window.  Infamous and Knack are my reasons for wanting a PS4, but I will not have the money for the system when it first releases.  I will probably just ask my family for one.  I am pretty sure if my aunts and uncles pitched in, I could get one.   

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#16 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
For me it's hopefully games will run smoother. Games like AC 3 , FC 3 and BF 3 really struggled on the PS3 and lagged too.
ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
A new console is great, but don't buy unless there is a game that interest you. I will say if you haven't preordered then I would do that as I think this console might have a shortage for a bit.
cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts
A new console is great, but don't buy unless there is a game that interest you. I will say if you haven't preordered then I would do that as I think this console might have a shortage for a bit.ez_moneymaker
Agree. Definitely going to be a shortage. All new consoles have that problem. If you can still get a launch or near launch console preordered I say go for it. There will be some great multiplat games at launch and hopefully something exclusive soon after. The price won't drop for a year or so and I am not going to wait that long to play the Ps4 exclusive games I want.