Reason I am Still Getting Heavenly Sword

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts
I thought the demo was cool and exciting and i definitly think that the game will have enough movement and changing enviroments to stay fun. Besides, it is apparently 6-8 hrs long (which I haven't seen in print yet) and so it gets a low score. But i loved other really short games, such as God of War and GoW 2, MGS 1 and MGS 2, Jak series, and LoZ Minish Cap! These are all 6-10 hr long games but are some of the best i have ever played! I see no reason why Heavenly Sword should be any different!
azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

I thought the demo was cool and exciting and i definitly think that the game will have enough movement and changing enviroments to stay fun. Besides, it is apparently 6-8 hrs long (which I haven't seen in print yet) and so it gets a low score. But i loved other really short games, such as God of War and GoW 2, MGS 1 and MGS 2, Jak series, and LoZ Minish Cap! These are all 6-10 hr long games but are some of the best i have ever played! I see no reason why Heavenly Sword should be any different! jakndaxter7223

People shouldn't get too caught up with reviews. The demo is a great place where you can make a decision wether to buy the game or not. I think that HS is going to rock despite the reviews.

munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts
have fun with it. a rental will work 4 me
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

[QUOTE="jakndaxter7223"]I thought the demo was cool and exciting and i definitly think that the game will have enough movement and changing enviroments to stay fun. Besides, it is apparently 6-8 hrs long (which I haven't seen in print yet) and so it gets a low score. But i loved other really short games, such as God of War and GoW 2, MGS 1 and MGS 2, Jak series, and LoZ Minish Cap! These are all 6-10 hr long games but are some of the best i have ever played! I see no reason why Heavenly Sword should be any different! azad_champ

People shouldn't get too caught up with reviews. The demo is a great place where you can make a decision wether to buy the game or not. I think that HS is going to rock despite the reviews.

Agreed!!!! Demo's are very important,it gives you personal time with the game so you can form your own opinion.

giton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 giton
Member since 2007 • 1745 Posts
i'm going to get it too. i enjoyed the demo, i thought the graphics were great, and the battle system was interesting. i'm not too concerned with the length of the gameplay. it's not like this is an rpg.
Avatar image for BobbyDigitalPS3
BobbyDigitalPS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 BobbyDigitalPS3
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I am so confused how this isnt rated higher . Most of the games i play are short other than RPG's. And the hype died down so quickly after that. it sucks so bad...I ALREADY PAID FOR IT and am just waiting for Gamestop to call me to pick it up haha. DONE DEAL!!!
Numbman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Numbman
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

Why shouldn´t anyone ownin a PS3 buy HS and LAIR???

Even with the mediocre reviews they have got they are still the best exclusives to P
S3 that has been released for a while.

I mean PDZ was barely avarage when it was released but 360 owners still bought it. I think both LAIR and HS are great markers of things to come. I mean when mediocre PS3 titles looks visually more impressive than most titles on competative consoles how will the AAA games be like???

I will buy em both and show em to my 360 only friends, they will bash the gameplay whilst envying the visualls.

adlaug2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 adlaug2
Member since 2007 • 114 Posts
I am still getting it. I have been looking forward to this game ever since it was shown at E3 2006. A couple of low review scores isn't going to deter me at all.
stefanlek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 stefanlek
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts

hmmm might get it

can you still blow up armies with rocket launchers?

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
I'll pick it up already preodered it. played the demo and loved it. ....tho I hope the 2nd Heavenly will have longer lenght of game play, I'd like it as many hours as FF games.
jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jakndaxter7223

I am still getting it. I have been looking forward to this game ever since it was shown at E3 2006. A couple of low review scores isn't going to deter me at all.adlaug2

Agreed, i saw this a LONG time ago and i always thought it looked amazing!

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
I will also get the game. I don't see anything wrong with the game. Like you, TC, I, too enjoy the demo. Is going to be a great game.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#13 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
I'm still getting this game because I have my own mind and wont let anyone (reviewer or friend) tell me how to spend my money.
ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts
The review and boring demo convinced me that it's only worth a rent. I can't justify dropping sixty bucks on a repetitive combat game with boring enemies. they made too big a deal out of the production values, and the fact that Andy Serkis did motion capture work for it. The gameplay is shallow.
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts

People are acting like heavenly sword Flopped even though it's had 9/10 reviews even a 10/10 ign only gave the darkness a 7 something and gamespot gave it a 8.5, for all we know it could still get a bloody 9 out of 10 from gamespot

luggymeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 luggymeister
Member since 2005 • 499 Posts
Yea i'll most likely be renting it. Not worth paying $60 for a short game imo not matter how good it is.
Avatar image for Ratchetbuddy101
Ratchetbuddy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#17 Ratchetbuddy101
Member since 2006 • 6098 Posts

But i loved other really short games, such as Jak series jakndaxter7223

I found the Jak II to be really long for me. Probably cuz I suck at it. :P

MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts
I agree. There are great reviews out their for this game too but no one pays attentions to it. When 1 site gives a bad review, everyone hops into the bangwagon to say **** like the PS3 sucks and such. It's really annoying to see that the media and consumers do this without even trying out the full game yet. It's really a matter of opinion.
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
I'm reting it. If you see Ign's video review you'll see the game can be easily be beaten in 6 hours, so it sounds like a good sunday afternoon to me :wink:
Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts
6 hours long!?!?!?! what a joke and from what I heard its the same battles over and over again.... not worth $70 imo..
zehoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zehoo
Member since 2004 • 75 Posts
i'll be buying
Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts
Good for you!
mgsbethatgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mgsbethatgame
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

I thought the demo was cool and exciting and i definitly think that the game will have enough movement and changing enviroments to stay fun. Besides, it is apparently 6-8 hrs long (which I haven't seen in print yet) and so it gets a low score. But i loved other really short games, such as God of War and GoW 2, MGS 1 and MGS 2, Jak series, and LoZ Minish Cap! These are all 6-10 hr long games but are some of the best i have ever played! I see no reason why Heavenly Sword should be any different! jakndaxter7223

im buying it no matter what it still has a 85% at gamerankings

Blanco98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Blanco98
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts
Im almost 99% sure im going to get it, people have to rember that reviews are opinions too and your opinion can vary GREEAATLLYY compared to a review also what makes people think the game is bad is the hype making people think that the game is bad, just cuz i game fails to meet its hype doesent mean its bad....Hyping is something people do to own another or themselves there no point to it.
w4rhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 w4rhawk
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts
Heavenly Swords biggest problem is NGS. It just owns action adventure games.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#26 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

6 hours long!?!?!?! what a joke and from what I heard its the same battles over and over again.... not worth $70 imo..Jamie_1987

Where do you live where ps3 games are $70?

giton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 giton

[QUOTE="Jamie_1987"]6 hours long!?!?!?! what a joke and from what I heard its the same battles over and over again.... not worth $70 imo..MusashiSensi

maybe australia?

Theibault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Theibault
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
This game will be good. I'm not worried.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
HS is looking really cool.
Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts

[QUOTE="Jamie_1987"]6 hours long!?!?!?! what a joke and from what I heard its the same battles over and over again.... not worth $70 imo..MusashiSensi

I live in canada, most games for ps3 cost $69.99 plus tax here, I don't know why its so expensive,

giton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 giton
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

[QUOTE="Jamie_1987"]6 hours long!?!?!?! what a joke and from what I heard its the same battles over and over again.... not worth $70 imo..Jamie_1987

I live in canada, most games for ps3 cost $69.99 plus tax here, I don't know why its so expensive,

Live rates at 2007.08.25 17:00:16 UTC

59.99 USD = 63.4026 CAD

not much different from the US price. the difference of a few dollars is probably due to costs of doing business in Canada vs US, maybe import fees, etc.

jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jakndaxter7223

[QUOTE="jakndaxter7223"] But i loved other really short games, such as Jak series Ratchetbuddy101

I found the Jak II to be really long for me. Probably cuz I suck at it. :P

Jak II was long but Jak 1 took me like a day and Jak 3 was a little more. But i still loved those games

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts

PS3 games are 90$ where i live, and 360 games are a 100..

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
I'm right there with ya TC, I'm completely getting this game, because the demo was amazing. I don't give a crap about reviews, this game is awesome.
RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts

First of all, the game isn't repetitive. If you use the buttons correctly she has plenty of variety.

Second name a game that isn't repetitive. In some way.

Third MGS2 was not short, and GeoW has a short campaign and a small amount of max players for online yet it got a 9+

Fourth HS's acting and immersion is very good.

Fifth HS is like GoW, just with a chick are you guys saying GoW sucks too? A game that has gotten 9's?

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
I doubt i will beat this game in 6 hours. I always take way more time to complete a game than what reviews say.:P If it lasts me 10 hours i will be more than happy. The gameplay is great imo and to top it off it's dubbed to Portuguese. It's always great to play a game in my native language.:)
giton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 giton

First of all, the game isn't repetitive. If you use the buttons correctly she has plenty of variety.

Second name a game that isn't repetitive.

RahKayne

you make this too easy. the obvious answer to your question is Heavenly Sword. that is, assuming you are right that it isn't repetitive. you shouldn't give away the answer so readily. it takes away the challenge!:P

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts
[QUOTE="RahKayne"]

Second name a game that isn't repetitive. In some way.

giton

you make this too easy. the obvious answer to your question is Heavenly Sword. that is, assuming you are right that it isn't repetitive. you shouldn't give away the answer so readily. it takes away the challenge!:P

I changed it now, and I was actually referring to other games. (including AAA titles)

But I get your point.

knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#39 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

I've been wanting this game since I got my PS3. While length is important, I think that pacing is more important. The original God of War was a pretty short game, but it had superb pacing, a compelling story, and a magnificant soundtrack. I'd rather have an action packed 8-10 hours than a 15 hour game with 3 hours tacked on for the hell of it.

Heavenly Sword has everything that I want: a deep combat engine, a good story, excellent animation, and strong production values. I am sure that it will give me a fantastic experience from beginning to end. I have no problem beating the game once and then beating it again on harder difficulties.

Can't wait for this game.

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts
A 7 isn't a bad score. I will still be getting it.
Avatar image for playstation_wii
playstation_wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 playstation_wii
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

the demo for it was all right, but seriously, why is there no jump button?!?!?!?!?!

That makes me angry!!!!!!!!!!!!:x

juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#42 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
Although God of War and God of War II are both between 6-10 hrs long, I still beat them in rentals (tho they are amazing games). I probably wont purchase Heavenly Sword (not when there are more PS3 games coming out soon I would rather purchase and play for 10+ hrs) because I can beat it in one rental, I usually dont play games twice and $70 is a lot of money for a short investment.