Really! No Crap! Future PS3 annoucements

This topic is locked from further discussion.

imnotacrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 imnotacrook
Member since 2003 • 280 Posts

What are future annocements that you belive are coming out for the PS3 that won't surpise anyone. Mines would be:

"PS3 lowers price"

"Newer PS3 gain rumbled enabled 6-AXIS"

"PS3 Linux is opened up for more userability"

(Please no flame, just a fun thread for annoucements that won't shock anyone.)

Windblade91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Windblade91
Member since 2006 • 4343 Posts
the rumble controller for ps3 would be free b/c all the current sixaxis have 3 year life-span and as such u ssend them in for a new one. they will pull the sixaxis and put the new rumble one in their place. and when we send in our sixaxis's for replacement we get the rumble ones.
ex-paranoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ex-paranoia
Member since 2003 • 331 Posts
What do you mean by "PS3 Linux is opened up for more userability". Linux is VERY open. And Linux has never been a beginner's Operating System and Never will be.
Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts

Three year life span? Where did you here that from?

Edit: If that is so, then that is bull. I've had my PS2 controller since 2002 (when I bought my PS2) and it still works perfectly despite much abuse (throwing to the floor...hard).

Slevin40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Slevin40
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
TC probably meant that RSX would be enabled.
ex-paranoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ex-paranoia
Member since 2003 • 331 Posts

Three year life span? Where did you here that from?

Edit: If that is so, then that is bull. I've had my PS2 controller since 2002 (when I bought my PS2) and it still works perfectly despite much abuse (throwing to the floor...hard).

Spartan8907

Apparently it was first mentioned that the SIXAXIS' battery pack could keep a charge fairly well until 6 years, when it would have to get replaced, but it's covered by Sony when it dies. 

Chris-Hansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chris-Hansen
Member since 2007 • 685 Posts
ohh i see above an add for pirates 1 and 2 on bluray !!! i need to get those !!!!

anyways i think all will happen before the end of the year.
Chris-Hansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chris-Hansen
the rumble controller for ps3 would be free b/c all the current sixaxis have 3 year life-span and as such u ssend them in for a new one. they will pull the sixaxis and put the new rumble one in their place. and when we send in our sixaxis's for replacement we get the rumble ones.Windblade91
where did you hear all that ? i doubt that they gonna throw in the rumble for free, they just gonna make you get a new controller most likely.

and yeah tc is talking about RSX which is locked but the modders are working around it, but by the time they get around it sony will probably unlock it. they got it locked to prevent illegal activities.
spliffchillum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spliffchillum
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

What do you mean by "PS3 Linux is opened up for more userability". Linux is VERY open. And Linux has never been a beginner's Operating System and Never will be.ex-paranoia

He probably means that he wants Sony to open the RSX chip up so that developers can access it in Linux.

YourDaddy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 YourDaddy88
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts
I would change the "newer PS3 gets rumble" thing - maybe it will come with a rumble controller instead of the six axis, but if Sony can somehow give us rumble back it will do to all PS3s, not just new ones (online update).  I would imagine if this ever happens we will have two controller versions for motion or rumble based games.  The best would be if they could combine the two into one controller, but I think they might have spacing issues.
imnotacrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 imnotacrook

[QUOTE="ex-paranoia"]What do you mean by "PS3 Linux is opened up for more userability". Linux is VERY open. And Linux has never been a beginner's Operating System and Never will be.spliffchillum

He probably means that he wants Sony to open the RSX chip up so that developers can access it in Linux.

Thank you! Exactly!

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

ohh i see above an add for pirates 1 and 2 on bluray !!! i need to get those !!!!

anyways i think all will happen before the end of the year.Chris-Hansen

lol..awsome sig bro!!!

Windblade91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Windblade91
Member since 2006 • 4343 Posts
i remember hearing that sixaxis only lasts for 3 yrs maybe it was 6...but it only effects the 3 or soo months of shipments...thats y they have the whole send in and replace thing.
Chris-Hansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chris-Hansen
[QUOTE="imnotacrook"]

"PS3 lowers price"

sparsin

1. Price drop not gana happen sony is losing money on the system right now..  When that changes and they can manifactor it for cheaper maybe but probably not...

2. SONY and MICRO$OFT GOT SUED for rumble and MICRO PAID.  SONY refuses so no hope there.  So just plan on stealing ideas from nintendo

3. Read what ex paranoia wrote.

4.  My prediction is BANK RUPTCY

are you being serious or just trolling ? what planet were you on when sony settled the suit ? and when they announced they were taking out the ps2 chips and moving to cheaper ps3 chips and getting cheaper diodes and we all know manufacturing costs drop significantly when you move the jobs to china, all companies do it.
spliffchillum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 spliffchillum
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts
[QUOTE="imnotacrook"]

"PS3 lowers price"

sparsin

1. Price drop not gana happen sony is losing money on the system right now..  When that changes and they can manifactor it for cheaper maybe but probably not...

2. SONY and MICRO$OFT GOT SUED for rumble and MICRO PAID.  SONY refuses so no hope there.  So just plan on stealing ideas from nintendo

You've already made 2 Xbox360 fanboy trolls in 2 separate posts ON THE PLAYSTATION3 forum.. Why are you here again?.. keep it up and you'll see yourself being the butt of many complaints.

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts
I'd like to see them announce a price drop, a non-emulator backwards compatibility for European PS3s and a silver PS3.
imnotacrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 imnotacrook
[QUOTE="sparsin"][QUOTE="imnotacrook"]

"PS3 lowers price"

spliffchillum

You've already made 2 Xbox360 fanboy trolls in 2 separate posts ON THE PLAYSTATION3 forum.. Why are you here again?.. keep it up and you'll see yourself being the butt of many complaints.

not my fault people are haters

Kevanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kevanio
Member since 2006 • 580 Posts
I'd prefer a white one, like the PS3 material but white, think that would look amazing :)
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
Lower price would be my preferred future announcement, since I haven't bought one yet and wouldn't mind saving a little cash.
Someguyinavan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Someguyinavan
Member since 2006 • 213 Posts

I think they can manage to get both rumble and motion sensing in the siaxxis, they can work it out :).. Im geting mine in June but for the rest a price drop wold be nice.